Open letter to the SFF, CFF and 501st

Discussion in 'Salisbury, NC' started by RipRoar, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I sit here this morning reflecting on my talks yesterday at the CON with both the 501st and the CFF and I can't help but feel good that a real gesture of peace was made on both sides finally in person (Especially after hearing from Cheryl about her recent talk she had acouple of weeks ago). I truly hope this open and respectful talk continues into the future and I meant every word of what I said yesterday. It was great to talk with Todd and Jada and their attitude of "letting the past go" with understanding and only looking to have fun with people who share this addiction we all have for Star Wars. I don't truly understand all of what happened in the past before my time and will not take sides - none of my business, I have expressed my regret for my role in a certain event last year that I was drawn into. I came into this community just over a year and half ago I guess - maybe two and joined a great tight knit family (The IR) at that time. Personal situations dramatically changed and regretfully ended. My love for Star Wars and all it encompases remains just with less tolerance for un-needed drama.

This has been truly one of the worst years of my life for loss. I have persoanlly suffered a very private but great tragedy this year and have refocused my attitude, faith and commitment to what's important in life and surrounding myself with true friends (Thanks Darth_MacDuff - you played a huge role in the events of yesterday). What does this mean - it means that Star Wars is a great escape for me especially at a time like this and when I think about what the SFF, CFF, 501st and specifically Todd said yesterday I feel good that the club situation can change, grow and evolve with a great attitude.

Thank you to everyone involved with yesterday's "New beginning".

RipRoar
    SFF Chapter Rep.

2. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I've been pondering what to say since yesterday. We really do want peace between all the groups but most important between the people. It was really great to talk to you in person Rip and Darth MacDuff. I know I would prefer not to have any further hostilities between the fan force groups and also between the 501st.

I admit my reactions in the past have been just that, reactions. I am a very protective person and I wanted to protect the members of the CFF from drama. Most of them had no idea what the split from the 501st was about - they just wanted to talk Star Wars . . . or all gang up on me in an attempt to beat me Trivia Pursuit ;)

So yes, let's move forward positively and productively.

Respectfully,

Jada
    CFF Chapter Representive
  3. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    That is wonderful news! One of the most rewarding things about FanForce is that we have the opportunities to build relationships with fellow fans on the boards and in person and those relationships can truly be a blessing. I am thrilled to hear that your groups are willing to work together and move beyond the difficulties of the past. Thank you for the update, Rip and Jada! This thread made me smile. :D

~Traci

4. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    SMILE - me too (Less stress is always good). Out of respect - I stayed away from direct contact on boards and at similiar cons but I'm so glad a new start has begun. Thanks JediTrace!
  5. IamaSith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm glad this is finally turning around for all that are involved...
  6. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    This is great! The Star Wars Universe is a lot happier place when we all of us get along. Maybe our groups can get together for a meet and greet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.