Tampa, FL Open Meeting Changed to Oct. 16th.

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Since threads are being crossed posted...I wanted to make sure that everyone knew the change of venue and date. Sun. Oct. 16th. at Beef O'Brady's in Tri-city plaza in Largo, Fl. 2-5pm. I feel it is better have a neutral venue. This is still discussion and venting so each other can hear how you feel. Hopefully this will proceed to some sort of solution...mainly structure of some sort or just hanging out as friends and not so structured.

Please let me know who is coming by Oct. 9th as Beef's now requires a deposit for the back meeting room.

We need to decide on the banner workshop...if you still ant to have that on the 8th. Please let me know ASAP.
    Thank you
  2. HippieTrooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any day is fine for us.
    This is a public place and things might get ugly, lets try to keep it civil and not get kicked out.
    Later
  3. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm a maybe. I'm in New Tampa on Sundays, so if I make it, I might show up around 3 or 4pm.
  4. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    It is a neutral place and also we have some noise coverage from the bar in front. Come if you can and yes, everyone needs to be civil and I am bringing the gavel....
  5. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    " This is a public place and things might get ugly..."

Damnit, I wish i wasnt going to be in arizona on the 16th, somebody please bring a camera :p
  6. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh! I thought that you would be here...darn...your voice is important. Maybe we can tape you.
  7. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll prepare a written statement and have marie read it :)

Onward
  8. Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can make it on the 16th and I am also still up for working on a banner on the 8th if that is still going on.
  9. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    I should me able to make it on the 16th.
  10. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    The banner workshop is still on...about 3pm and bring some snacks...I'll provide ice, drinks and other munchies
  11. TK-3150 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm gonna try really hard to make it. Got church commitments until around 1pm up here. But my son and I will try to head straight out from church.
  12. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Marie has asked me to post that the banner making event is also cancelled today. Call her if you want further details.
  13. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    There will be no open meeting on Oct. 16th. The Tampa Bay Fan Force chapter is no longer conducting meetings for business. Please use the FF board as a place to post Star Wars related topics, according to the TFN TOS.

If at such time fans wish to gather that will up to the individual.

Thanks
  14. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    I think this is the right course of action. Its time the fanforce got back to its roots. I'll still hang out with the people who I consider my friends, but otherwise i'll just post here.

Awesome turn of events, says I!

onward
  15. TK-3150 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree. This is what I wanted to get in the Fanforce for to begin with. Lookin forward to meeting more of you and sharing prop ideas, movie trivia, etc. with ya'll!!!
  16. Allysium Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, wait. I'm confused. What exactly is happening then? Is this just a board posting group now? What about Necro and the Banner? Someone please fill me in. Thanks!
    *Annie
  17. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Basically, the way I understand it Annie, is that the *boards* are officially just that: boards, for star wars fans to congregate and discuss Star wars. There is nothing however, keeping us from hanging out unofficially as a group/groups so really the fanforce goes on, just not officially. Lets say if You, Matt Nick and Myself hang out, we wouldnt have a president, treasurer, etc. We're just friends hanging out. More of a laid back environment, and thats what this is now. Personally, I think it sounds great! In theory, there could be more "events" in a month than just the 1 meeting when we were "TDB1138" Now if everybody can drop the resentment from last weeks big fight, i think we can still function as a kick a$$ group of Star Wars fans!

I hope that helped :)

Onward!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.