main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

opening crawl

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by -albo-, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -albo-

-albo- Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    Is there a program i can download that does opening crawls besides blender?

2. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    READ THE FAQ!

Also, take advice from your own signature, don't TRY to look at the FAQ, DO look at the FAQ!

Carl

PS: Welcome to the board, and no, not everyone is as bad-assed as me... well, now that I think about it, there is this guy called Jedi... aww forget it :D

3. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    *long exaggerated sigh*

April 02 is fairly recent, I admit... but I don't think I ever asked a question that was answered in the faq. Then again, I came into the FFF with experience on Photoshop, After Effects, Maya 3 and 4, etc...

4. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Good Point..............cant rememebr when i joined, i know it was this year.....i think march/april........take a look at the FAQ........very useful

I KNOW I CANT SPELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't know what all of you are fussing about.
    I mean, it's a legitimate question ... right?

Along the same lines, does anyone know a program that can/will . . . . . .

* Develop a concept story for me

* Write my script

* Draw my storyboards

* Compose my original music

* Sew my costumes

* Make a saber hilt for me (make that several hilts)

* Create every last CGI effect my mind can think up

* Implant instant knowledge of all software programs without me having to take advantage of 18 years of schooling and actually READING a book/tutorial and/or without me having to take away from my busy hammock-time to do any RESEARCH whatsoever

* Come up with all of my Character names

and lastly . . . . . . . . .

* Film, composite and edit my film for me?

I figure that this is the Forum to ask ... THANKS FELLAS. :D

:p

6. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    TAC, you already have people doing all of that stuff here!

7. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Nah ... different thread ... different tasks. :D

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    yes Tac, it's called Blender.

come by, contribute 3 tutorials, 5 models, and 250 posts at Blenderwars and we'll let you in on the "secret menu" [face_mischief]

:D

¤Night

9. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

LOL Tac.

Laughing WITH YOU, not AT YOU...Mind you. :D

10. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    LOL @ TAC.

And I am laughing at him, not with him.

;)

11. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    No, albo, there isn't. Maybe you could do one in flash or even hand animate one using Illustrator but that would be just as much work. Of course, there's the key-phrase right there: work.

I'm only just now beginning to make heads and tails out of Blender piecing together bits and pieces of information off of every single tutorial I've been able to find for it. The only thing you can do is keep at it until some of it starts to make sense.

What I did was create my own help file of what I could figure out from the tuts. Like I do this to get a point, do this to make a line between them, this to select a point, etc. It's like putting together a very large and thourghly confusing puzzel that slowly begins to make sense. Sort of. Anyway, good luck.

12. Junfanman

Junfanman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Thanks Various for your honest answer to an honest question.

I wish I could help albo but I don't use Blender. You can bet that I will not insult you regardless.

If only I could be within mouth reach of an individual whom gives these kind of replies. If we are not allowed to ask questions and all of the answers are in the FAQS section then the forum should be shut down. I never ask questions for this very reason. It seams as though folks are sitting on the "ready to insult" button as soon as a newbie submits a post. Climb off of your imaginary horses because that is all they are, imaginary.

13. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    It seems to me as though there are some overly sensitive people who cannot recognize
    some harmless teasing when they see it.

SHEESH . . . at least SOME people figured out the humor. ;)

14. Junfanman

Jun 19, 2002
    It seems that some of us think that we are funny. I have read many of your replies, 99.9% are not funny.

It didn't help albo and he didn't laugh. Someone should start a joke thread for the less sensitive folks. This way these threads can be used to help people when they ask for it.

Great come back though but typical.

Do I seem funny?....Who do I sound like?..Do you feel like you are looking in the mirror? Maybe I can find your sensitive spot.

15. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Nice try .........
    But you just sound like a whiney wannabe to me. :p

16. CoruscantCrisis

CoruscantCrisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2001
    OOOOO, that sounds like a challenge TAC. lol

17. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I agree. TAC, you need to take it easy on the newbies.

18. Junfanman

Jun 19, 2002
    Your signature contradicts you.

And yes I "wannabe" just like you.

Albo is 13 years old, he just don't act like it.

19. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I try. :cool:

I don't mind poking a little fun at noobs from time to time. Sometimes it gets a bit old tho. Especially when the comments are attempts at humor and not actual humor. Also one has to remember that we've heard these questions asked many times but the person asking is going through it for the first time.

Did not Yoda speak of patience? ;)

20. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    <seroius> AE/Photoshop, flash, shockwave, java, C++, Visual BASIC, Lightwave, Maya, Max, Blender, Softimage, TrueSpace, Electric Image, Strata 3D, Bryce (possibly).. heck you can even do it by programming an open gl/DirectX engine that scrolls text :p </seroius>

BUT you can always use a pen and a peice of paper (litterally) and move the camera by the paper :p (i find this to be the easiest fastest and cheapest way to do it :p)

u can ask Karr how this turns out (he's done it :p) just be careful not to get ur fingers in the shot while u try and drag the paper on the floor away from the camera so it looks like its moving while you hold the camera with your other hand...

EDIT:
    AH! came up with more programs that can do it :)
    A long time ago MS released this movie maker program (not the one with winxp) it was for kids.. but that could make scrolling text.. also Aura(1,2,2.5), VRML, Animation master, PowerVR, Cinema 4D, Rhino, Pov-Ray, LightScape, Imagine, PowerAnimator, AutoCAD... or any other 3d graphics program can create an opening crawl

21. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Why didn't he just move the camera?

Actually, if properly lit and shot, black letters on white paper would be a perfect inverse matte for the opening crawl. If you had a compositing program like AE, you could import the matte, invert it, and use it as a track alpha for a solid layer of the appropriate color of text!

Of course, if you have AE 5.x, why bother with that crap when you can do it all digitally? :p

EDIT: Oh! And I want the program that sews costumes! I'm doing that right now and I HATE it!

M. Scott

22. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    hey he was in 6th grade when he did that.. give him a break :)

23. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    There is one easy to understand reason why the "established" forum users like JediTAC and many other react like that to questions asked by newcomers on this forum. All those questions have been answered multiple times and one can find almost all of them in the FAQ and the official thread for that.
    This forum grows at an amazing speed and it should be avoided to fill it up with multiple threads for the same question again and again. I consider myself a newcomer here on the forums but I try not to ask questions unless I checked all the official threads and sites to find the piece of information I need without any success.

But I guess hardly any of the newly joining people even take a glance at the FAQ or all the other most valuable sorces. So there won´t change anything in the near future.

24. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Exactly...

all thats required is a little work on your part to do the digging and searching for answers to your own questions

almost any new commer question can be answered by looking thru threads or in the faq...

25. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You know, LOTS...your icon STILL looks like a stormtrooper pointing a blaster at his own head.

[face_laugh]

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.