main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

opening crawl

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by -albo-, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I honestly didn't think I outright insulted anyone.
    Granted, I did tease a bit with my trade brand of sarcasm ... but that's all it was.

I don't think I should be chastized for a few new member's oversensitivity.
    (Not that MAX came down on me or anything like that - he was very cordial). :)

I mean, seriously ... are people getting that offended and crying that much over a little teasing. I get it too .. but you don't see me whining about it. I simply see the humor in it, laugh (as I am supposed to) and move on. Heck, I have even been known to learn a thing or two myself. ;)

2. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    You know my feelings on this JT, as I have expressed them over and over again.

I will (and hopefully always will) try to answer a 'newbies dumb' question as helpfully as I can, even if that does mean saying 'look in the FAQ'

Why? Becuase a few years ago I stumbled into this forum and asked pretty well every one of these questions, and got some really helpful, considerate answers from people. It helped me out a lot, and I am now making my second film on the back of some of that knowledge.

So why should new people be denied the same chances I had? Sure some of them are in the FAQ, so all we need to do is point them there (and genuinely, not impolitely/sarcastically) if you don't feel you can, just try not to hit that post button. There are no surprises in anything I say here, as I've said the same thing to you for almost a year now. And yes it is good that you are slowly learning. And yes you are learning very slowly :)

are people getting that offended and crying that much over a little teasing
    You have been know to get offended by a little teasing too JT, and I've had PM's from you on this very subject. So that's a classic glass house statement.

Sometimes you do seem genuinely interested in a subject, and sometimes I have actually laughed at your comments, I just wish you could drop this whole Look at me guys, I'm 'razzing the newbies' side of your character, it would make things a lot more pleasant, and you would actually get a lot more respect from a lot more members of this forum, me included.

3. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Ha it does doesnt it? :p

but its an atat pilot.. not a storm trooper..

or maybe there's a reason for him pointing a gun at his head.. *COUGH*director*COUGH*

*runs and hides from Karr(the drictor) before he notices lots not working on anything :)*

4. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Writing the whole thing down onto a piece of paper and moving it (or the camera) away and fixing it up in Photoshop? You can't see it but I just smacked myself in the head. Sometimes its the easiest things that are the hardest to think up.

Well TAC, sometimes your comments come across has being somewhat hateful. I know you don't mean to, but it's not really going to click with some 14 year old kid who doesn't know jack about the world. You (and others here) have the same problem I have sometimes, the one where you say something one way and someone sees it in an entirely different light.

Maybe people are being 'oversensitive.' I find it helps to look before you leap.

5. d_eisenga

d_eisenga Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2001
    This was your final warning, tac.
    one more anti-newbie comment and you're
    BANNED!!!
    ;)

6. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Various: believe me, I'm wishing I came up with that a couple years ago myself.

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.