main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Opening Day Developments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I spoke to the theatre manager last night, and while he was positive, there are a few restrictions I thought I would pass on. Please don't shoot the messenger, and please bear in mind that I was not told about these details during our initial contact.

There is a limit on how many people can participate. The manager only has 20 passes he can distribute, and these will not be for opening day. They will be for either Friday or Saturday on opening weekend. As a result of the attendance cap, I am not bringing my children to this event. My husband (Boraccio) and I will attend, leaving 18 other slots for interested parties. I ask that these slots be reserved for Fan Force members first, with others filling the slots remaining (if there are any).

We have been asked to come on Friday/Saturday to mingle with the crowds, be at the theatre entrances, and generally be available to fans in the lobby. We have been invited to set up some kind of a fan group booth in the main lobby, presumably to solicit interest in our group.

I also asked about internet tickets sales, midnight showings, and when and where a line up for tickets will be allowed. There has been no word from Fox on internet ticket sales, but that information is expected to be forthcoming. There may be a midnight showing, but nothing has been determined as of April 11. Finally, Provo Towne Center Mall will be opening their doors at 6:00 am. There has been no word from mall management on where the line can actually begin on the premises, but I will be contacting them this afternoon to discuss those matters.

This all straight from the proverbial horse's mouth, so we need to plan from here. My suggestion is that we gather the available costumes together and do an assetment as soon as we can- presumably May 1, unless anyone would like to move that up a little. I will be unavailable this weekend (blood drive), next weekend (spring break for my son), and the morning of the 27th. If there are any questions, please PM me or post your responses here.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay. What day are we thinking of going, Friday or Saturday?

I really, really want to get in on this, so I'll help however possible.

Dantana

3. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    At this point, the list for those participating is as follows:

Tiffany (Navaren)
    Michael (Boraccio)
    Marold
    Marna_Veigh
    Husband of Marna
    SinisterRaven
    Corrin_Wyndrider
    Benjamin
    Datana

Is there anyone else who is going to participate? If you have read the above post with the "rules of engagement" and can produce a costume, we'd love to have you. There are 11 passes remaining, but we'd love to have you there even if you'd paid for your ticket.

4. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks for putting me and James on the list. I was going to speak up today to claim our tickets.

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Well, great! Free is as Free does. Just keep us posted on When we're going!

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Umm... what about me?

7. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I wasn't certain if you would want to participate as we aren't getting opening day passes, and you didn't really say anything on this thread....but thank you for clarifying. Spoo makes 10!

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    And when we go, bring your box of lightsabers. I want a rematch with Allen. And we'll do it tournament style. ;)

9. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I have no idea what "tournament rules" are- I was just doing the one thing that no jedi has ever done.....ready?....use the TIP!:-O
    i know..crazy isnt it? :)

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    What I mean is that it's first to 3 kills. Depending on various stats, we're ranked. Then in elimination rounds, we go until there is a First Place winner. :D I've got it all planned out.

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    So, we go on Friday & Saturday, and we get to watch which showing? I'm confused about the specifics...

Since this is not on opening night, if we wanted to do an opening night thing, would that interfere?

12. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    If I was going to be here I would say definitely do an opening night thing. Dress in costume and do the whole deal.

Then go to it again for free on Fri/Sat.

13. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    So, EXACTLY, what are we doing those days? Just tell me where I need to be, what I need to do, and how I need to look.

14. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Everyone-
    I am working on Opening Day arrangements, as well as our appearance at the Provo Towne Centre Theatre. Everyone will be updated as I get the information. Please look for new developments on Monday.

15. Sprry75

Sprry75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey, I'm game. Non-opening night actually works better for me anyway (although I am going to do my best to be somewhere). If there are any more passes available, please count me in.

Thanks,

Ryan

16. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Ooo! Ooo! I want to go! I have a Jedi costume! Do we have to be there all day Friday and Saturday? Email me the details or something, please? filmfxman@hotmail.com

17. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Okay, okay, so it's Tuesday, but I do have a few updates.

I think we would be best served by going over to the PTC theatre on Saturday afternoon. We should be able to get a better turn out of the group that way, and that will give us a few extra days to prepare. We only need to be available for a few hours, not the entire day.

As for Opening Day....I just got off the phone with Cort Johnson, the marketing director at 107.5 FM (The End). There will be festivities at the WaterGardens 6 on Opening Day, and he's very interested in seeing what we can do to enhance the experience for others.....and just what he can do to enhance the experience for us. Nothing has been determined yet, but the negotiations have commenced.

Please keep working on those costumes! We need as large a contingent as we can summon for Opening Day.

18. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    The Watergardens one will be cool, I have a better chance of going to that one because it is closer to where I live but I will see about the one at provo

19. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm sure I can find away out of doing 2 weddings for Saturday.

I know Jimmy Chunga is a BIG Star Wars fan. I listen to him every morning as he goes on and on about how excited he is with AotC coming out. I hope I can make it

20. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's an idea for those feeling really bold:

Reserve tickets on the 2nd for Wynnsong at 5:00 and 8:00

Line up 6:00 opening day, PTC, get tickets for first showing.

Make deal with 107.5 for noon-ish showing (or earlier, at midnight?)

Go hit the Wynnsong for the 5:00 and 8:00 shows

Next day, at school, get asked, "Did you see Star Wars?!?!"

Respond, "Yeah. Four times."

21. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Umm... sure...

you go do that...

22. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    So...
    Are we doing something for opening night? Cause it's time to make plans, and I might make them with my friends if I don't hear anything here.

23. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I am not coordinating any events for opening night. Most of the arrangements I have been making for our group have been around either a midnight showing/daytime showing of Episode 2 on opening day, and then the appearance down at the Provo Towne Center theatre on Saturday afternoon.

I'll keep everyone updated on information as it appears.

24. Sprry75

Sprry75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Um, I still don't know, can I be counted among "The Lost Twenty?" If not, I'll get over it, but I'd like to know if I need to get my own ticket.

TX--
    Ryan

25. shantelle8

shantelle8 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    If anyone is interested I have information on how to buy about 400 opening day tickets at a rented out theatre in the provo-orem area. I am not the one selling these, I am just telling you as a public service as I am not sure what the rules are on this site about soliciting. A friend of mine rented the theatre so I am just helping him out. Please email me at Shantelle8@aol.com for more information. Thanks, Shantelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.