main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opening day in Cleveland.

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Tuebor, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    I'd left a message at Valley view, but didn't get the manager so Don C's contact may work out better.
    I thought a thread might be in order for people to get an an idea that we're discussing the opening. The fact that ValleyView is one of twenty digi-projection is not being overlooked. Valley View has been mentioned by Columbus and I think Cinncinati.
    It's not C2, but our chapter may get to play host to quite a party. I love the idea of Quaker Steak & Lube in line for Ep II.
    Who else is 'Good to go' if we can make Valley View work???

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    For more than a few reasons, we're going to Macedonia Cinemark for opening night.
    I think Valley View Cinemark will be the following weekend (cause I know I'm gonna see it more than once in the theater ;))

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I?m in!

I really like the idea of private screening. No camping out, no screaming babies, etc. If we invite the Columbus, Cincinnati, and Toledo chapters we should have plenty of people to get one. May I suggest we keep the tickets at or near the minimum requirement? That way everyone gets a good seat.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My niece emailed me that the Valley View Cinemark isn't sure yet if they will be showing the movie digitally. When they do know she'll tell me.

Also, like I said I don't live far from the theater, if you want me to go and ask about what we would need for a private screening, it's not a problem.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think going to Valley View is such a wise move. Many people have the same reasoning you do- with the Quaker Steak right there a ton of people are going to go there. I suggest another theater location if you want the evening to go smoothly. I live about 5 mins away from the place, so trust me. I can see things before they happen, it's a Jedi trick. :p

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Hi, this is my first post on this board and first off I'd like to say I am a real geek when it comes to Star Wars...and I'm also proud to live here in Cleveland (well Parma actually)! I'm definately going to the Cinemark theatre in Valley View, I love that place, best theatre there is. So from what I've read, are you guys having a private party kind of thing? That'd be sweet. Also, I don't recall that theatre ever having digital movies there; its always been film reels ever since I've gone there. And does anyone know when we can buy tickets early? I don't want to miss out on the best movie of the year! Oh by the way for anyone who visits the official starwars.com forums my name there is The_Sith_Jawa. Cya around!

7. spideymike

spideymike Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    I know I'm taking the day off from work to go see EP2. I'll probably be there in the afternoon at the Cinemark in Valley View or Macedonia. Afterwards, a trip to the Winking Lizard or Quaker Steak sounds perfect.

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see AOTC on opening day at a convenient location like Valley View, but unless we can do this as a group, then I think it will be difficult getting tickets. I know for TPM I went to a location (which I will keep undisclosed,and walked right in and got tickets because it was not brand new, although it was highly renovated), whereas there were horror stories of people waiting for weeks and not getting tickets, when I spent no more than 2 minutes purchasing a ticket. I'll still try going to VV, esp. if we go as a group, I'm just saying it might not be the best idea.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't care were I see it, as long as I see it.

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I second that Padawan.

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Thank you TheRandomMenace. It is true.

12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Just wondering (concerning the Cinemark in Valley View)...if we are going to have a private viewing of the movie, which it seems to me you all are trying to get, will this cost us a lot more? And do we still have to buy tickets early? I can't afford to camp out in line for tickets, as much as I'd like to, because of my job. Just wanted to know about this...I want to do this though and money will be no problem, I just don't want to be a day late on paying up or reserving or whatever. Also I may have a couple Star Wars freaks like me coming along, will that be a problem if there's a private viewing? Any help to clear any of this up is appreciated. Thanx!

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, like I said at the meeting, I'm all about the camradarie of the SW fans, but I honestly have to work as much as possible this summer too, so I don't think I'll be camping out in line, although I suppose I could do shifts. I don't know anything about a private viewing and pricing, Reborn Jedi.

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm into the idea of a privite showing of the film. Is there some way we could talk to the manager of the Cinimarke at Vallyview and tell him that we are the official Star Wars Fanforce of Cleveland Ohio and that we should get a privite screening. or give him some bull**** reason saying that we are reviewing it for the Lucas film or something.

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm into the idea of a privite showing of the film. Is there some way we could talk to the manager of the Cinimarke at Vallyview and tell him that we are the official Star Wars Fanforce of Cleveland Ohio and that we should get a privite screening. or give him some bull**** reason saying that we are reviewing it for the Lucas film or something.

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Dacle, you can spell. Just kiddin. OWN!

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I like the idea of arranging some kind of private screening for AotC at Valleyview Cinemark (those of you with contacts ask about the details) and then planning something with the other Ohio Fanforces. If we can get some information about any extra costs, we can give us, Toledo, and Columbus time to plan for a really BIG SW event! SW CELEBRATION II.5 ??

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    A private screening would totally own. As for the celebration v2.5, I think we should start planning now, but wait a year and a half in order to actually have it. This way it will be in the middle (hence the .5 part) and it will be a nice half-way point between Ep2 and Ep3, just enough to whet our appetites for Ep3. That, and it is probably going to take a lot of planning if we want to make it quite an event! I am totally for an all-Ohio celebration.

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I called Cinemark and emailed my niece about this last week. Cinemark hasn't called back and my niece has things way more important then SW on her mind right now. I think the best bet would be going there in person and asking, however the manager in charge of stuff like this only works nights, when they are busiest.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The dad of one of my friends is a manager for Ridge Park Square's theater, so I asked her if it was possible for a private screening. Unfortunately, she told me that they used to be able to do it, but they got bought out by a new company who won't let them. So we can scrap my lead, although no one probably knew I even had one, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.