main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opening Round, Game 1: Hooper's Heroes vs. Teh Ebil Plot Bunnies

Discussion in 'Archive: Forum Feud' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    But I didn't have time to get on this morning except to check my PM's! Some people actually work full time. It's still the 15th. 8:49 am board time is 12:49 PM for me in my timeframe, and at that time I'm at work! There's no way I had a chance. During the weakdays, there should be an allowance for people who have a real life and work!

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Since I cannot use the quote button from the rules thread of this forum, I'm cutting and pasting:

Playing the Game

Two teams will square off at a time. The host will PM a question to the first member of the team. The question will ask something that the host has a survey number for. That person will then PM the host back. The player who responds with the highest ranking answer will win. If both respond with the same level answer, the player who responds quickest in time from opening the PM to sending the response.

The player who wins this will then have their team continue to play the game. They will post their responses in thread (no help from the audience in the thread, please). They will continue to go until either they get all the answers, or until they have three incorrect answers (referred to in game as strikes). If they clear the board, they win the round. If they get three strikes before they clear the board, the opposing team will get one chance to give an answer. If they succeed, they win the round. If not, the other team wins the round. The winner of the round gets the cumulative total of points assigned to each answer, based on the number of respondents from the survey.

The game continues in this fashion with the next person on the team list taking the place of the first for the initial PM question. The third game will have point values doubled, and all games after that will have point values tripled. The first team to 300 points wins the game, advances in the tournament, and gets to play the bonus round.

WHERE IS THE TIME LIMIT?

And seriously, if everyone had taken the 24 hours instead of two answers being given on the same day, my turn wouldn't have ended by tomorrow IF there was a legal time limit. But, the time limit wasn't even in the rules!

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I apologize for any confusion over a time limit and any oversight in not putting it in the officially posted rules. However, I have stated several times, in public, that a time limit of some sort will be enforced. And, I am certain that I have posted that, at the beginning, that limit will be 24 hours, with more leniency given on the weekends.

I do believe 24 hours is incredibly fair, no matter your circumstance or time zone. You were put "on the clock" at 8:44 board time yesterday, meaning you had from that time, until 8:49 board time this morning to get an answer posted. So, if you are only able to check in the evenings, you had last evening to check. In fact, no matter what time of day you have available to check the boards, in a 24-hour period, that time period will be there once.

It would be a bit silly, in my opinion, to not have a time limit of some sort in a game like this. Otherwise, a game could, theoretically, continue forever without penalty, and I don't see that being enjoyable in the least bit.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Alrighty...

We're goin' with...

"Partying / to Party / to attend a party"

As our answer.

If you're looking for a specific type of party, we're going to say a "Bachelor Party"

:)

-I_H

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    agreed with Integral. 24 hours is more than enough time. i work full time too and don't have any trouble.

6. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Agreed with epic agreeing with Integral.

And Inty definitely mentioned the 24 hour limit.
    I was certainly aware of it.

-JR :)

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Has Hooper stolen it with a big old party?

1. Gambling______ 43
    2. See a Show____ 25
    3. Get Married____ 22
    4. Bachelor Party _ 06
    5. ______ ________

Bank Value: 96

What was the missing answer?

1. Gambling______ 43
    2. See a Show____ 25
    3. Get Married____ 22
    4. Bachelor Party _ 06
    5. Prostitution____ 02

And the score is Hooper's Heroes 96, Teh Ebil Plot Bunnies 0

Next question up in a jiffy

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Knowing Vegas' professional ladies, I'd say number 5 is a form of number 1 :p

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    knowing in the biblical sense, mr halibut? :p

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    For this question, we surveyed 100 Americans. The top six answers are on the board ...

1. __________
    2. __________
    3. __________
    4. __________
    5. __________
    6. __________

And ... the question has been PMed to nemisis and SilSolo

As a reminder, if Nemisis gains control of the board for Hooper's, it will go to Xan, NP, I_H, PRENN, then back to nem. If Sil gains control for Plot Bunies, it will go Jaina_and_Jag, mavjade, path-seeker, Alexis, then back to SilSolo. Got it?

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Are you referring to STD-roulette?

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    That's the one :p

13. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I had been wondering if anything...less appropriate would be on the list. :p

But...answer sent via PM!

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Prostitution____ 02
    :eek: That crossed my mind, but I didn't think it would be an actual answer!! [face_laugh]

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Soliciting prostitutes was going to be my answer... if I hadn't missed my chance. [face_blush]

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Note: DaenaBenjen42 has come in to pinch-hit for Fan Fic.

For this question, we surveyed 100 Americans. The top six answers are on the board ...

Name a US Political party, past or present, other than Republicans and Democrats

darth_nemisis: Green Party

Show us ... the Green Party!

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Forum%20Feud/strike.jpg]

DaenaBenjen42: Libertarian

How about the gold old ... Libertarians?

1. _______________
    2. _______________
    3. Libertarian_____ 16
    4. _______________
    5. _______________
    6. _______________

Bank Value: 16

Once again, the Plot Bunnies have control. Jaina_and_Jag, you're up

Name a US Political party, past or present, other than Republicans and Democrats

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Woot! Go Daena!! [face_dancing]

I have to say that I'm a little shocked that people surveyed can name more than the major parties!! :p
    I can think of a few others but did other people think of them?? [face_worried]

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I can think of three from the past.

20. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
  21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Umm... Uhh...

I'm gonna go with Independents!

(I honestly have no clue and this is the only thing I can think of! :( )

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I am SO glad our team didn't get this question

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Independents?

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Forum%20Feud/strike.jpg]

1. _______________
    2. _______________
    3. Libertarian_____ 16
    4. _______________
    5. _______________
    6. _______________

Bank Value: 16

Just the first strie ...

mavjade Name a US Political party, past or present, other than Republicans and Democrats

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going with a historical guess and say... Federalist Party?

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    How about those crazy Federalists?

1. _______________
    2. Federalist__ ____ 22
    3. Libertarian__ ___ 16
    4. _______________
    5. _______________
    6. _______________

Bank Value: 38

Still only first strie ...

path-seeker Name a US Political party, past or present, other than Republicans and Democrats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.