main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Opening Scene and Crawl - Ep. VIII to be first SW sequel to pick up where the prior Ep. left off?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Phasma's Armor Polish, Dec 30, 2015.

1. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Excellent crawl, El_Machete12!

2. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    I am wondering something. Since most of the promotional material will probably include the red font for the film title/logo, do you think the opening crawl, might be in red text? It probably won't be (as LF has to keep the tradition), but I think it would be very cool and interesting to see this.

oncafar likes this.
  3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Keep in mind that red was the dominant colour for Return of the Jedi branding.

4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Although the film will pick up right after TFA, we don't know how long the journey to find Luke actually took.

In fact, if there's one thing I'd like to see emphasised it's that hyperspace travel isn't instant - i really liked the sense in ANH that the journey to Alderaan was a long trip, and the sense in ESB that without hyperspace, they only had a small bit of the Galaxy to access.

I think that a cold open might actually be possible. I wouldn't bet on it happening, but I think that there will be a bit of experimentation eventually about how much of the format can be played with to open up different ways of telling the story (though I don't think it'd be a good idea to do so - I still think Rogue One suffered for not having a crawl)

11-4D likes this.
  5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

[​IMG]

6. JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS

JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    My stab at a crawl (it's a bit short but written under the assumption we 'cold open' on Luke and Rey on the cliff):​

STAR WARS​
    THE LAST JEDI​
    Both the NEW REPUBLIC and sinister FIRST ORDER have suffered major losses as their battle for control of the galaxy grows. The fate of a thousand star systems remains in the balance.​

The mysterious SUPREME LEADER SNOKE, following the loss of Starkiller Base, has commanded the remaining First Order fleet to be readied while he focuses on preparing dark protege Kylo Ren for an important mission.​

General Leia Organa meanwhile eagerly awaits news from the remote planet of Ahch-To where LUKE SKYWALKER, the elusive Jedi Knight and hero of the original Rebellion, has finally been discovered....​

whostheBossk likes this.