main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Opening Scene of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Fair point indeed.

[​IMG]

I think I was tending towards the idea of us being literally thrown back into the universe we've been away from for over 30 years (ROTJ-era) and into a battle where we recognise faces and ships we know but others we don't, so there's a slight air of mystery and excitement to the battle we are witnessing.

Maybe not as large scale as the planetary attack of Coruscant and kidnapping Palpatine, but even something like the finale of 'ROTJ' - fighting to gain an upper-hand, or to escape a planet maybe.

2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    So it's 30 or so years after Jedi when the Empire was defeated, Vader and the Emperor are long gone, we've got a new trilogy to hopefully tell an emotive and character driven story, an the 1st thing we see is..a big space battle. Lets hope we see a light sabre duel from the off aswell yeah? Doesn't matter who the hell it is we can just gawp at the screen and go, 'yeah, light sabres. Cool' Dumb.

3. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    PK EDIT Please No Trolling

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    PK EDIT: Edited out previous users trolling post

:confused:Huh?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    PK EDIT: Again No trolling

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    PK EDIT: Removing previous users trolling attempts

Makes sense to me....

7. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    PK EDIT: Yeah no trolling

8. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I'm hoping for chariots pulling Jar Jar's burning, lifeless corpse through the streets of Courscant while throngs of SW fans cheer.

9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    NO! Austin Powers in The Spy Who Shagged Me style opening credits with Jar Jar

10. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Well it's 'Star Wars' so let's open with some sort of war in the stars god damnit! :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd rather start off the movie with some action. ANH and ROTS are of the best openings to me. Shows that the situation is serious to me. Great backdrop and then cut to the characters.

12. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    A small planet appears. We're taken through the clouds to a temple, and inside the temple, we see someone meditating. Then the camera zooms, and we see its Luke, whose eyes suddenly open.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    PK EDIT: Removing previous users trolling attempts

Let's stop with the personal attacks. And, he who lives in a glass house should not be throwing stones. Jokingly jabbing at one another is one thing. Insulting a post for the way it's written - in a post laced with illiteracies - is somethng else, entirely.

14. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    The opening scroll will mention the disbanding of The Empire, establish the rebuilding of the Jedi Order, a phrase like "It is a time of peace" may get used...

Tilt down, an unknown, single pilot starship hurtles into view towards a small, desolate planet. It lands in a clearing and its pilot hops out - we do not see their face. Screenwipe. They cross a barren landscape until a large ancient temple comes into view, cautiously they climb the steps and head inside... The interior is in a state of ruin, small creatures scurry across the floor, the ceiling slowly crumbling.

Running their hand across ancient scriptures on the wall, they find a loose stone. With a light press, it moves backwards and the wall begins to separate revealing an untouched burial chamber in pristine condition.

In the center of the room lies an ornate sarcophagus. The walls are adorned with tapestries bearing images of war and various conquests. The explorer looks upon them slowly... Images of hooded figures and some familiar faces can be seen within the pictures, the last one being a resemblance of Vader's helmet. The explorer heads to the center of the room and cautiously touches the coffin... They jump back as it comes to life, whirring and humming - it starts to open.

Inside it lies a black robe - the explorer moves it and discovers a holocron and a lightsabre. They position the holocron and touch it - it sparkles, opens up and comes to life, projecting an image of a hooded figure before the character.

The explorer kneels before the image, pulling back their hood. It's a dark haired woman.

"Lord Plagueis..." she says, bowing her head.

The sound of laughter echoes through the tomb.

In a state of meditation, Luke Skywalker's eyes jolt open...

...or something like that ;)

EDIT: Chose this cause I'd love to see a main plot that goes more into the whole 'creation of life' thing from RotS - cue a young girl chosen as Spirit Plagueis' apprentice - tasked with mastering the dark to bring him back to life.

Not sure what subplot would compliment this though - maybe borrow from some of the other ideas here and set this during the Mandalorian Wars or something?

...Though, I'm sure none of this will actually happen - the movie will be awesome regardless, I've absolute faith in JJ and the Disney takeover :)

TheManFromMortis and Braxus like this.
  15. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    I want Korriban, and I would like to see an unknown vessel land in the valley of the dark lords. Like the poster above I would like too see someone search for something in one of the toombs. Similar to the opening scene of Raiders of the lost ark. The character who enters the tomb should be unknown for the audience, a dark hooded figure. Is it Luke Skywalker? I would not mind, and I would not mind if something dark and ground breaking happened in the tomb. Enter evil Luke Skywalker. Let EP VII - The dark path begin!

DARTHSHAME and Darth Venator like this.
  16. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Yes! Brax, I think we should write the script for VII ourselves.

Though we may have to work around Evil Luke ;) I'm not fully warmed to that idea just yet... I could maybe handle it if he was on Korriban to destroy Sith artifacts and possibly became corrupted by something that way? Possibly a parasitic attachment (kinda like the Orbalisks from Darth Bane if you're familiar)... Though I must say The Dark Path is one of the nicer sounding titles I've heard so far!

I forgot to add to the end of my post... that later in the story - Luke sends his son to go off and find his daughter (who has been taking a long time picking up some Power Converters :p) - he finds her in her chambers, she turns around and we reveal that she was the explorer from the tomb... Cue her killing Luke (under the control of Plagueis - I like to think a Skywalker Spuckler would have enough good in them not to outright kill their father without huge manipulation) and in turn, Luke's son taking on his sister and the reborn Plagueis as the main plotline.

Aurra Sing (or a fresh faced Bounty Hunter) trying to take down Senator Leia would make a nice subplot too - I love the political espionage stuff, those galactic senate scenes get me good!

17. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    One guess I have is opening with Leia onboard a ship, enroute to Coruscant. Very much a nod to the intro of ANH, and the intro to AOTC in which Padme was heading to Coruscant. I think it would make for a good marriage of the PT and OT. Have Han appearing on a viewscreen welcoming her home, and then show Luke in the Jedi Temple training New Jedi Order younglings. I'd think they need to introduce all the major players immediately, and seeing it on Coruscant would really connect the two previous trilogies.

18. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Venator, you had me then you lost me. That being said, there are some elements I like. I agree with Braxus that Korriban would be a nice planet to introduce the new villain. I think that the opening scene should definitely establish the threat that is brewing in the galaxy. So, while I will not write a synopsis myself, I think the opening scene should foreshadow the villain in some way. I also like the meditating Luke suddenly opening his eyes and realizing that a threat exists.

19. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Ahhh, how did I lose you? Skywalker Spawn gone bad by any chance? That one seens to be dividing lots of opinions... My own being one of them! I can see it and I can't, heavily undecided!

20. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I do not like the Luke daughter angle. I do like the Dark disciple traveling to Korriban drawn by Plagueis or some other evil entity. I just would not make them a Skywalker or Solo. However, that is just my preference.

21. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Yeah, as I say I'm still undecided on that one myself!

On one hand, I like the family focus - an update on the Luke and Vader 'Father vs Son' story into a different family relationship (Brother/Sister etc.)

But at the same time, with it being a new generation... It'd be really nice to see a new legacy and new bloodlines! I could just as easily see my idea working with one of the new Jedi Order members as the central point - Sent out on a routine mission to destroy an artifact/raid a Sith Temple for the Jedi Archives or maybe a young padawan plagued by mysterious dreams, lured to a planet like Korriban or Tython only to be taken in by the dark and so on...

Possibilities are endless, and speculation is too much fun :p

22. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    Yeah, that plot line would be similar to Exar Kun. I do applaud your speculation, since that is why we are all here.

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A hooded being appears. At some point in the scene, the being takes out a green lightsaber. The being takes off the hood and is revealed to be Luke.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bossk. Licking his lips and wiping his chin after just having finished eating Jar-Jar.

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Wedge's funeral.

SS hath spoken.