main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Opening scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by STARBOB, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    With the recent rumors of tatooine being in episode 7 I think this would be a perfect way to open
    the new movie. After the opening crawl we pan down to see a ship flying down towards tatooine which would mirror episode 4.Then the next shot would be the ship parked next to the ruins of the old lars homestead. After we would see Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, C3PO, & R2D2 next to the head stone of Anakin skywalker(would have to assume Luke buried his father's ashes next to his mother on tatooine)
    laying some kind of tribute to him next to his grave.

2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I assume by "his mother" you mean Shmi, since Padme was buried on Naboo, right (sorry, just want to make sure who the "his" is referring to)? In some books the Larses move Shmi's grave to prevent Luke from asking questions as he gets older, so this would all boil down to how much Luke actually knows about his grandmother/where she's buried. Good thread on this here.

That being said, why would Luke wait ~30 years to bury his father's ashes? And why would he bury ashes in the first place?

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. You're saying he's been buried there for a while and now they're back making a tribute? That could potentially work. Although I think Luke is going to need to have a really good reason to return to Tatooine and having Anakin already buried there would mean he's now returned twice.

3. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    He wasn't burying his ashes 30 years later . He and his family would be visiting the grave every year to pay tribute to him for saving him. Like the president laying a wreath
    at the unknown soldier's grave every year.

4. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

Yep, sorry, I misread your original post. I don't think an annual wreath-laying fits into a post-ROTJ storyline because that would mean Luke either a) returns to live on Tatooine; or b) returns every year just to lay a wreath. I don't think either of those are likely.

If Luke is going to bury his father's ashes somewhere, I'd much rather see it be the culmination of Luke diving deep into his father's past, finding out about Padme, visiting Naboo, burying him next to her.

Leias_Left_Bun and Mystery Roach like this.
  5. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I just can't see any other reason to include Tatooine in episode 7 other than that.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm guessing Luke returned home to be away from all the politics and hoopla concerning the re-establishment of the Republic.

Who knows, but maybe Tatooine will be his training ground for new Jedi.

That, or maybe Rotta is out for revenge and has captured one of the trainees to lure in Luke Skywalker.

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    There's Han's prophecy in ROTJ where he says to Luke,

If Luke dies in Episode VII, I can see him being killed by the villain on Tatooine at the end of the movie.

Leias_Left_Bun and Vicious Jedi like this.
  8. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Does Luke also visit the grave of Granpa Clieg's leg?

Lord Tuvitor, KevinM1, Mr. K and 5 others like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

10. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
  11. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    the pink. the green. the comic sans. [face_plain]

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I based the design on a "real" psychic's business card that I found on the side of the road a few years back! :D

13. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    Ford looks like Derek Zoolander in that shot.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    When Luke was strolling into the celebration in the Ewok Village 2000TM he didn't look like he was sporting ashes with him. Most likely his ashes became dust in the wind on Endor.

I think it would be cool if Luke set up shop in Jabba's Palace

15. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm trying to imagine the opening shot and can't, I think the SW logo will have me in tears.

after the crawl I might be hyperventilating

I may just pass out before the camera pans away from space.

16. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    fishtailsam Just keep a portable defribrillator nearby... just in case.

Yancy

HugoWanKenobi likes this.
  17. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Oh, me eyes! :D

Actually, I hope the opening will be something funny and exciting, bringing back the feeling of the OT.

Silent steps in a tight jungle/woods, some young jedi (the new trio with possible supporting characters or droids) approach the den of a group of space pirates holding the children of a prominent Republic senator as hostage, waiting for the ransom to arrive. The new heroes sneak into their facilities, looking for the kidnapped children, and they eventually find them but get surprised by the pirates. Outnumbered and surrounded by pirates equipped with all sorts of kinky weapons, suddenly a ship dives into the screen letting down a rope/ladder to which the heroes grab on to and get pulled up in the air. The ship, trying to get out of the endless jungle, navigates rapidly between huge trees, rocks, with the young jedi screaming for their lives in horror. Cut to the pilot cabin, handsomly aged jedi master Luke Skywalker grins and calmly tells them via the comlink: "Relax, kids, we're on our way home."

*some glorious music a la Master Williams follows*

[face_blush]

T-R- and Lurknomore like this.
  18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

It would be really interesting to have Tattooine at the climax of the movie for a change. (Not counting III)

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  19. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

Or to have a prolonged lightsaber battle (not the brief QGJ-Maul bit in TPM) take place against the stark backdrop of a desert.

fishtailsam and Palpatine2016 like this.
  20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Something like this would be awesome.

DarthWilliams and plaidphoenix like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No idea what they'll do to start the movie.

22. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Marka Ragnos is awakened by Palpatine's death.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The final paragraph of the opening crawl:

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker returns to his home planet of Tatooine to visit TOSCHE STATION and finally pick up some power converters....

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Immediately thereafter, Bazinga'd is heard laughing uncontrollably. :p

EHT likes this.
  25. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.