main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Opening Sequence-Can Someone please explain it?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    It is the vastness of Space that is in question, not the material intergrity, for me at least.

How does the saber make it through that vastness to land at this spot On this planet?

2. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Will of the Force.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Easy. The lightsaber is delivered onto the planet from a nearby source. At least, that's the explanation I think we'll get...

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. shds

shds Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2000
    I liked Zuckuss the Ruckuss summary in the rumors thread:

A long time ago, in a Galaxy, far far away:
    Star
    Wars
    Episode 7
    The Force Awakens
    30 years has past since the Battle of Endor....
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...blah
    Star field
    We see a rapidly approaching object pass a fixed camera. As it approaches it forms to be a lightsaber. As the lightsaber passes we track it accelerating to a desert planet. We close in to the lightsaber as it enters the atmosphere and is engulfed in flames.

We see the rear profile of a man(Naka) watching as the lightsaber/fireball crashes into a nearby farm field. <Thunk>

We see a smoking crater where the lightsaber is sticking out in the middle of it. We close in on the lightsaber. A hand(person is out of frame)picks it from the crater.

The saber is too hot to the touch and Naka accidentally drops the saber which ignites and starts a brush fire. Naka flees but then doubles back and snatches the saber. He runs into the distance.

<camera swipe to inside a hut or personal residence>

We see the hands of an old man handling the lightsaber. We then pan up and see the face of the Vicar(MVS). He is seated. A villager enters the room screaming that a space craft approaches. The Vicar leaves his hut and watches an X-Wing land in the middle of the village. A small droid emerges from the crafts underbelly. The pilot exits his craft. The pilot approaches the Vicar with the droid in tow.

Vicar: "Welcome young man. Are you the one that was sent by her?"

Poe(takes off his helmet): "I was in the neighborhood. Where is the item?"

Vicar: "It is in my abode. Please follow me."

<The two men and the droid enter the hut>

Poe, Vicar, and BB-8 are inside the hut. BB-8 is wandering around examining the surroundings.

Vicar: "Can I offer you something to drink, or eat, perhaps?"

Poe: "No, thank you. Its best if I leave here as quickly as possible."

Vicar: "Indeed."

<the Vicar walks away and returns with the lightsaber>

The Vicar presents it to Poe "Do you know what this is?"

Poe: "Not a clue. I'm just here because I was ordered to be here."

Vicar: "This is a weapon for a very old and very dead people. An Item such as this is priceless to a collector such as myself. Do you realize......"
    <We cut to Poe's face who is clearly annoyed and interrupts the Vicar>
    Poe: I'm sure its a very important and interesting....whatever. Thats why I am supposed to pay you handsomely."
    <Poe snaps his fingers>
    BB-8 comes to attention and opens a secret compartment containing a satchel of credits.
    The Vicar: "Indeed."
    The Vicar removes the satchel from BB-8 and hands Poe the lightsaber.

<We immediately hear the roar of Tie fighters, explosions, and screaming>

Poe lets out an long sigh: "Wonderful"
    Poe: "Guess your messages weren't encrypted eh old man?"
    Vicar: "Why would they be? I'm just a simple business man nothing more. What is going on?"
    Poe: "Trouble. What do you people have to defend yourselves?"
    Vicar: "A small militia of men mostly to stave off bandits."
    Poe: "Well, that won't be enough."

Poe leans over BB-8 and holds up the lightsaber.
    Poe: "Take this and get as far away from here as possible. There should be a town to the northwest. Don't get caught. Someone will come for you."
    Poe places the lightsaber within BB-8. BB-8 lets out a few affirmative bleeps. The droid high tails it to the rear of the hut and into the desert night.

Poe turns to Vicar: "Gather as many people as you can and hide."
    Vicar: "What are you going to do?"
    <Poe gives a wide eyed look>
    Poe: "Improvise."

Poe leaves the hut to see complete chaos in the village. People running in different directions. Villagers are gathering weapons and making small barricades. A tie fighter roars over head(out of shot). We see the X-wing explode sending debris and a couple villagers into the air.
    Poe watches as the Tie fighter screams off into the distance of the night sky. Three space craft then approach in the distance of the skyline: Two troop transports with a "special" shuttle in the middle.

<We cut to the interior of one of the troop transports>

We see a blue tinted interior of about three rows of Stormtroopers. All the stormtroopers are generally tall with imposing builds. But the camera slowly pans to the center row. The camera locks on a particularly smaller stormtrooper who looks somewhat out of place. We close in on his helmet.

We hear a voice over an intercom: "10 seconds"

The smaller stormtrooper is elbowed by a taller stormtrooper in the adjacent row. The two soldiers nod at each other.

We hear a voice over the intercom: "5 seconds"

The stormtroopers in the troop transport begin readying their weapons.

We feel the transport land and the interior of the transport goes black

We hear a voice over the intercom: "Disembark"

The transport ramp lowers revealing the desert night.

The troopers aggressively file out of the transport. A few blaster barriages from the villagers manages to knock out a couple troopers at the front row. But quickly they leave the craft and set up a firing line. There is a massive amount of blaster exchanges but inevitably the villagers exchanges become less and less. Finally, there is silence with a hint whimpering.

We hear one of the troopers(officer)speak into his helmet: "Hostiles neutralized. Area is secured."

We pan over to a "special" shuttle. A ramp lowers and a dark masked figure emerges....

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Ok, ok, you've explained the rumored opening sequence, now explain life.

[face_coffee]

6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.