main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opening Theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by -Courtney-, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    Would you want the opening theme of the TV series be the Star Wars theme song or something different? I think I would get sick of it pretty quickly, but it would make it feel more like it is a part of Star Wars.

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    StarWars main theme with a collage of the stars of the show.

3. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    What if the opening were sorta like Lost with only the title coming up and a snipet of William's Moneymaker?

But really, you gotta have the crawl. I predict it will appear in the series opener and disappear after that.

4. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I think that they might be able to get John Williams to compose a few new songs for the T.V. Series, or I thought that the music on Knights of the Old Republic II, was pretty good so they could use that possibly.

The opening crawl is a given, but it would be part of the first episode.

Sccrman95

5. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    The pilot could be a two hour episode with the classic opening crawl then, as JediKink said, have a short view of the title.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it ultimately depends on the runtime- having an opening crawl would be ideal, but that's a minute and twenty seconds that could be applied towards the story.

Granted, it works for Battlestar Galactica to have essentially three title sequences- but the show's serialistic and tightly plotted nature demands it somewhat for it to be comprehensible to newer viewers.

If the SW show ends up being that well designed, then an opening crawl is ideally suited to summarizing the previous events of the show for new viewers.

If not, you'd probably be fine with a title sequence half that length.

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    The opening scroll would be rather redundant considering that not much will have occured in the previous 40-45mins of footage.

Possibly on the opening pilot, and every 10 episodes or so.

I'd go with the Lost or 24 type intros, a recap of last week's episode then a brief StarWars main theme with a collage of the main characters

8. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    I think it should be the Bill Murry version: "Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars. And if there are wars..."

9. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    Bea Arthur's "One More Round Friends" plays as the camera pans over all us fans waiting in line for Star Wars, and then pans over Lucas in a bathtub of money laughing! And NOW Star Wars!

No,

I think an opening crawl would be soo cool. Especially if you had the A Long Time Ago first. Man I am getting all hot and bothered just thinking about it. It would be even better if the opening crawl was different for each episode, but that might be a little much...

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Every episode would wear thin I think.
    CWs got away with not having it (granted, there goes an entire episode right there).
    But, I could certainly see it hapening at the beginning of each season easily.
    Other than that, just use the Charles In Charge theme. No one would notice :) Especially if Palpatine's first name was Charles.

11. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    To be honest, I thought it would be a given that every episode would open with a crawl and the main theme.

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I think many people will agree with you, but there's a time issue.
    Furthermore they wouldn't need to update with a new scroll every episode.

13. O66

O66 Jedi Master

May 18, 2005
    Couldn't they use the scroll to remind people what happened in the previous episode(s)? Most weekly shows give clips of the last episode, we could have the scroll instead!

14. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Ya, that would be fairly cool....

[face_good_luck]Sccrman95[face_good_luck]
    Happy St. Patricks Day

15. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    I think the opening scene should be a recap of what's been going on in previous episodes with a few flashes of scenes and a narrator, and then a title like the ones on the Star Wars DVDs (Star Wars with scenes of the show inside of the writing). Then camera pans into space like the opening of the movies, and then the show begins.

*inserts 2 "hope-that-made" cents*

16. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I think the entire soundtrack should be recorded in advance of the series and released a few weeks before series starts just like the movies have been.I think the first episode should have the crawl and credits at the end.The rest of the episodes should just start giving it a movie feel.Credits at the end of each episode.All music by Williams.

17. overmydeadbody

overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2004
    There's no way all music will be by John Williams. I'm sure they'll be able to use his themes if they want, but I can't see it happening much. They belong in the movies. And I highly doubt he'd write new music for the show. Unless there's a huge pilot episode/mini-series and they manage to get him involved in that.

18. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    He has been given all the other movies it would not be the same without him.Did you get to see the video at the opening ceremonies at c4?Wow!!Plus the extra disc with the soundtrack for episode 3??The dvd?I usually watch that more than the movies now it captures everything,its the lazy mans way of watching both sets of movies.

19. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    I'm sure they'll just play previously created songs by Williams, such as the Imperial March, Duel of Fates, Battle of the Heroes, etc. as they do with Clone Wars.

20. pakatak

pakatak Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    I really don't think the opening crawl is necessary for each episode. That being said, i hope every episode begins with A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

21. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    The opening also depends on the type of show. The Lost,Battlestar Galactica, and24 type shows are heavily plot oriented. They need the summary because it is what the show is about.

However, if the show were a grandiose Adventure show( AKA [/i]Xena[/i] on steroids, or Firefly) based on characters, then the same opening theme could be used in every episode. I would make since.

One possiblility:

Short summary("Previously on Star Wars...")
    General Crawl (Short), used for every episode describing the series
    Opening credits
    -or-
    General Crawl (Longer), used for every episode describing the series
    -or-
    General Crawl (Longer), used for every episode describing the episode

22. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    Whatever they do, I hope the music is dark and somber. Remember, this the dark times (as OB1 calls them in ANH), the music needs to set the mood for a era where there is little or no hope left in the Empire/Republic.

23. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Ideally you'd want the crawl as it's sending the serial back to its Saturday matinee roots.

Maybe a condensed version of the theme/one paragraph crawl. Or as said, just a crawl for the first episode unless they're presuming people who watch it have seen the movies.

But I'd prefer the crawl and the credits the same as the movies for the cliff hanger effect and the crawl lets you get straight into the action.

24. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    I like that idea! :cool:

25. hyouriittai

hyouriittai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    You know, I can picture them using some sort of medley, compiling different songs from the movies. For some reason, I picture the really cheesy character-introduction shots, where they look up from what they're doing, or turn around from what they're doing, showing their faces. With that device I hear "Across the Stars" playing, though being that that is Anakin and Padme's theme, it may be unlikely that they'd use it.

The "Force" theme, or it's variations (Luke on Tatooine, The Throne Room finale, etc.) may be an appropriate opener. But, since the Main Theme is really that which defines Star Wars, musically, I think that and a character montage would be most likely. I'm really really excited for the series -- Lucas better not cancel it like he did Eps. 7-9. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.