main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OpenPalm vs ClosedFist, Did jade empire do it right?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sabrajaguar, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    I am on my 3rd go through Jade Empire. Both Furious Ming (Ice Shard) and Wu the Lotus Blossom (Dire Flame) have been open palm characters. It was Very easy to get Stone Immortal. Just spread harmony by helping people.

The way Of the Open Palm in Jade empire symbolized harmony, Keeping the peace keeping all in there station. Its a Path that can easily be mistaken for good, but its not good but doing Good deeds can get you OP points.

The way of the Closed Fist, is Strength through any means, and helping others strengthen them selves. When you do the Zither Quest and meet Bladed Thesis, he approves of your answer that the bandit deserved to die because their is no point to needless cruelty.

But Besides Telling Fuyao to kill her slavers to free herself, Killing Forest shadow to because she is too weak to protect the forest (or the other Closed Fist reasons), Killing the pirates by dropping the cannon, And letting Bladed Thesis kill the Closedfist Scholar for cheating by using your power, their are almost no True CF points!

Every other choice in the game is needless cruelty (This exclueds the Conversation paths in 2 rivers)

How dose Sabatoging Kia Min, or Katana Help you get stronger? Or Out right dispersing the 3 ghosts in the grave yard? or Killing the old Tanner (I out of curiosity picked the conversation line that killed both Tanners), Or causing the Love triangle triple killing, Or Killing Zhong the ogre? None of these things I've done really makes my character stronger, nor dose in advance the philosophy of the closed fist! All it is needless cruelty!

Helping Smiling Hawk (Which I also did), and Braking the damn Controls (Which I dint do) can bearly qualify as closed fist! Smiling Hawk is a weakling (I have more trouble with the Gun toting Brit!), and the wine merchant is a parasite.

All the Close palm things I have done and I'm still no haven't gotten Tempest style yet! As much as I found Closed Fist lore interesting it seems that now its all Needless, and pointless cruelty, I am tempted to just delete Tiger Shen and start over!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.