Operation Christmas Child

Discussion in 'Toronto, ON' started by grey_starr, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to invite members to prepare a gift for a needy child... Time is short... (these must be done by November 5, 2007 when Collection Week Begins)... or find your own dropoff... My thought was people could drop them off with me on Halloween...

If there were some other event in Toronto before the 5th... I would be willing to collect then too... or make arangemnets with someone going...

I can get actual gift boxes (comes with everything needed), but you can pack it all into a sturdy shoe box or plastic box (please, no larger than 9x12x5?). You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. DO NOT SEAL THE BOX... wrap it with an elastic or 2... and have an envelope inside with $7 or more to cover the shipping costs...

Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or girl and choose an age category: ages 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Attach the appropriate boy/girl label on the TOP of your box and tick the correct age category.

Learn more about the project here: http://www.samaritanspurse.ca/occ/
  2. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This sounds like a good idea. Halloween sounds like a good time ot gather stuff. There is also the Zombie Walk Oct 21

3. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds good to me... far as I can tell everything needed can be picked up in a dollar store... I know it sounds cheap, but it really would have everything...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.