main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Operation: Fighting Shape -- Updates and Support

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Loving the warm weather. Managed to get the bike out and drop 8 miles on her. Felt good to be back outside doing something. Hopefully I will get out again tomorrow.

2. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    That's awesome, Dan!

3. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Sadly my gym closed earlier than I thought on Easter Sunday, and I couldn't work in a workout before Easter dinner. BUT tonight I was able to knock off 1312 calories, so my week is off to a great start regardless!

4. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Keep it up BP!

I managed to eek out a ride on Friday and Liz and I rode on Saturday. Both the added exercise and strict adherence to our diets, we both lost weight this week. Hopefully I can get back to where I was just two short summers ago.....

5. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Hit the gym right after work tonight. Got another 1451 calories taken off. That makes 2763 for the week thus far.

6. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I weighed myself this morning, and it appears that I've lost 4 pounds since my show opened in late February. Considering most of the month of March I wasn't terribly active past performing the show, this is excellent!

7. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    It really sucks taking an extended break from the gym. With things getting as busy as they got last week, I wasn't able to get the gym all week. Finally got to go last night. I'm glad, since I'm taking this as a sign that I'm really starting to enjoy going to the gym.

8. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Keep it going BP!

I weighed in on Tuesday and to my shock I lost another 4lbs!
    I call it a shock because we all had chinese after Sunday's event and then backed it up with "Low Cal" ice cream. Although I didn't partake in the ice cream.

So with this weeks weightloss I'm sitting at 30lbs total, 15 which I lost in the past 4 weeks!
    If I can get back out and exercise and keep up the diet, I may hit my 50lb goal by the Bison's game. I will be darned if some drunk chick calls me chubby again!

9. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey anyone up for some bike riding to help fight the battle of the bulge and just for the fun of it and good company. Let me know im game for whenever

10. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    I work out every morning for football, so if you guys want any effective workout ideas and stretches, let me know. Perhaps every week we could set up a running day for all of us to partake in. Just an idea.

11. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I haven't been able to go as regularly as I used to, but I'm making it a habit to still go to the gym when I can. Lately I've been listening to some of the SW novels in audio book format while I do some elliptical work. It's a good way to make the 45 minutes or so go by faster.

I also had a small victory yesterday where I was able to fit into a button-down shirt I haven't fit into in about 2 years. Hooray for progress!

12. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Great Job Bryan!

13. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Running for about a mile or two is probably the best way to lose some poundage. After that, replenish with a lot of liquid and eat a lot of fruits to keep up your fiber intake. And after the gym, drink chocolate milk, it's very good for after a workout because it will give you healthy proteins(if it's low-fat)

14. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm game, let me know the when and where and I will meet up with you.

15. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Looks like another nice day for a bike ride. Im pretty much free all day so just hit me up when available and want to go

16. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    You busy tomorrow afternoon? I get out at 11 and could run home and get the bike and meet up for a bit.

17. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    dont have anything planed till 6pm so when ever is good for me

18. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    This is a great thread. I have lost alot of weight over the last few years and am in the best shape of my life! Keep it up everyone! You are doing great!

19. DarthSinistre

DarthSinistre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2003
    Stress has really helped me shed some pounds.

20. chewbaccachris34

chewbaccachris34 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2010
    guys, exercise is great, but portion control is key. You'll lose a lot more poundage by portion control and eliminated processed foods (what i mean is frozen foods, too many snacks, etc.) Fruit is a good thing and so are veggies. But everything can be eaten with moderation. Just remember pportion control. You all know that the inner circle of the plate is how big the portion should be. As Americans we eat far too much. I was watching a program on the BBC and a brit was talking about an American car and stated that there was a lot of leg room for the "big chubby burger-munching Americans".

21. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Getting ready to start the Insanity workout with a few friends, and having a prize for one who does the best. Cant wait

22. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I heard it was pretty good. It's like a carbon copy of P90X, which is the best workout there.....so I heard.

23. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I have not been to the gym in a month- I could use a little motivation right about now...

My diet on vacation was horrible but Oh so good! Now I am back on track with eating clean and healthy. I just have to get back to the gym...

24. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I thought I would bump this thread back into life...

25. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Moving into my own place has definitely helped my eating habits. They're still not perfect, but vastly improved from before.

I'm able to control the food that's in my house, so I've been able to avoid a lot of temptations that were relatively constant when living with my parents (namely lots of cookies and baked goods).

Since I'm buying much more in the way of groceries now, I'm also watching my portions better and eating takeout a lot less. It's really nice.

Additionally, I've been drinking a lot less soda. What used to be a daily occurrence (or multiple-times-a-day) is now down to only a few times a week. I still have some, but most of it's been the glass-bottled Coke you can get from Wegmans that uses real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, so even if it's not a great option, it's better than it could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.