Operation: Mint Sauce!

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by Happy Ninja, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, ladies and gents.

It seems that the gauntlet has been thrown down by our Welsh cousins, and we have been challenged to some inter-FF competitions! :)

It has been suggested that maybe a Paintballing adventure between us and them might be in the cards. I'm just gauging some thoughts on this subject for us lot, and I'll converse with Welshy with what we have.

Dates and locations have not yet been decided as this was only thought up on the spot this evening, so don't ask yet, as quite frankly, you know as much as I do at this point in time. :)

And thinking beyond it, this could be expanded to other FF-UK regions in the future. North, South, London, Midlands, and Wales. This could be working towards a Regional meetup like we've always hoped would happen one day.

What do you people think? :confused:
  2. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    excellent! bring it on. (although paintballing can be expensive and painfull).
  3. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "A little bit of pain never hurt anyone" :D

(Although, explain that to the kid who thought it was fun to smash all the mirrors off the cars in my street last night!)
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I know we in FFLondon were planning a paintball-type thing, but it changed into something new

But I'm sure we could do something at a future meet
  5. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Sounds like it could be good fun for you lot. Having done it several times already I swore never again, especially after the really bad bruise on my back on the last one.

Enjoy though :D
  6. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
  7. darkinhere Jedi Knight

star 1
    Paintball, eating... I'm happy with either!
  8. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    What if we get them mixed up?

I for one don't want to be running round a forest throwing pizza at midlanders and snacking on paint balls after the game.
  9. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What, like this?

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/TheOriginalGuru/Miscellaneous/PDVD_000.jpg]

Mmmm...yummy. :p
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Since I'm the confused American...

(that and I actually ate mint saunce in New Zealand)...

What does Mint Sauce have to do with paintball?? :confused:
  11. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's because we're taking on the Welsh!

Just ask your nearest Kiwi what Australians think about New Zealanders and their farmyard "friends" -- You'll get the joke, then! ;)
  12. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw that title of this thread and I thought it was about something else...

[face_whistling]

Imagine my disappointment. :p
  13. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    sounds good. what age do you have to be? and itb would have to be in wales because they have the best sites.
  14. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone can get into pizza hut! and they are all over the place!! ;)

:D

:p
  15. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, to keeo costs down, maybe we'll just go for the pizza eating contest thing.

Any ideas on location?

I for one would like to suggest Cardiff. Mainly because i'm lazy...
  16. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    telford would be more central to us all i think, equal travelling and all that, purely in the interests of fairness. plus i don`t want to get mugged when i wear my england shirt for the occasion!! :p
  17. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Where's Telford?

Sounds suspiciously Midlandy to me.. [face_mischief]
  18. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, wheres Telford? I cant be bothered to look at a map
  19. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    half way between here and there. sheesh google it. i can`t be responsible for organising this can i? isn`t that what we elected mark for?
  20. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/map.gif]

Don't you think thats a bit North to be between us? Remember, all the Welsh posters are from the South of Wales.
  21. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    no, it was a cunning plan for someone to find a map picture.... [face_worried] . errr, well done old chap. [face_worried]

bristol?

(this is going to be the same old same old, where do we have the meet etc, and then it collapses without anything being done. i can sense it.)

EDIT after very nearly killing myself in the loft finding my road atlas, i would like to suggest hereford or glousesterseter as potential places for the defeat of the mighty welsh army.
  22. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    How about shrewsbury. thats a better place than telford and its more central. Its also easier to get to by train if neccessary
  23. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    shrewsbury is too far north i think, even further north than telford (now i have my trusty map book to hand). hereford seems ideal.
  24. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    in Shrewsbury it is still legal to shoot a welshman with a long bow after dark. Do we know any one with a long bow?...... ah yes, me !

Gloucester sure from mine is about 1.5-2 hrs if the roads are clear. But I'm prob not going to be able to afford this / fit it in until after Xmas. Not saying I have to be there, just letting you know the score
  25. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    I could go for Hereford. Sounds good to me.

I'm not overly keen on going to towns where VeritasUK can legally kill me. [face_worried]

That's to much of a temptation to chance I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.