1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So many people in the 101st? I thought the Rangers had the most, either way the other two factions are um...lacknig in player support.
  2. DarthLaxon7 Jedi Master

star 1
    Haha cause no one likes the Germans!
  3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Or they know little about them. I'll be joining the Germans as soon as I get a reply from the German GM. Seig Heil! [face_peace]

In the meantime... goes back to playing MOHAAS and kicking Allied butt
  4. Detjen Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey while you gms are still kinda gathering up could we start a little pre-invasion somthing? maybe some in the plane,ship,bunker, scene so we can do a little roleplaying untill your ready to go then we can jump or somthign.
  5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    GM Approved

Name: Erwin Rommel
    Faction: Germany
    Class: Rifleman
    Favorite Weapon: Mauser Kar98 Rifle, Walter P38 Pistol
    Height: Short
    Weight: Stocky
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Any other features: Various battle scars from both World Wars
    Picture:
    [image=http://www.thirdreich.ca/portraitsphotos/full/RommelBaton.jpg]
    Bio: The infamous Desert Fox of the North African campaign. He commanded and led the Afrika Korps through two years of stunning victories that placed both himself and the corps in the history books forever until his defeat at El Alamein in 1942. Respected both by his people and his enemies, Erwin Rommel has become exceptionally popular and is seen by Germany as a hero. He is the youngest officer to reach the rank of Field Marshal in German military history. He is also the winner of the Blue Max or Pour le Merite and the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, both considered the highest awards an officer can receive. He would later be assigned the task of commanding the German forces in Italy and then later command Armeegruppe B in France to stop the coming Allied Invasion. It was he who improved the sham that was the Atlantic Wall into something that would later be costly to the Allies on June 6th, 1944. Rommel is married to Lucie-Maria Rommel and has one son, Manfred Rommel.

Name: Erik von Hausenberg
    Faction: Germany
    Favorite Weapon: MP40 Sub-Machine Gun
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 160lbs
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Any other features: A few battle scars from earlier campaigns
    Picture: None
    Bio: Erik von Hausenberg is a member of the Party and loyal to the Third Reich and it's Fuhrer. He has seen action in 1940 France and later in the beginning of Operation Barbarossa against the Russians. But a wound received in the cold hell of Russia forced him to return to Germany to recooperate. Not wishing to return to the Eastern Front any time soon, he requested a transfer to Field Marshal Rommel's command in Italy. There he stayed and fought throughout the year of 1943 before he was once more transfered to the 346th Infantry Division along the Atlantic Wall. During his time under the command of Rommel, his views and loyalties have changed. Although he was willing to lay down his life for the Reich and the Fuhrer, now he is willing to do the same for the Desert Fox. He also recently married his childhood sweetheart prior to being assigned to the defense of Fortress Europe.

NOTE: The second character is a backup character in the event that playing Rommel does not work out./>
  6. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: I will join the brits as soon as I get my character sheet done. and has anyone noticed how many of you have put scars on their characters faces. Be original people!
  7. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, my character has a scar on his leg from a hot metal accident in his childhood.
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Sabre_11 posted on 10/12/05 9:31pm
    />

Us Germans (Krauts to ya'll) can start calling the Allies the "Scarfaces" then ;)/>/>
  9. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah, Mitthy, you and I on opposite sides again. Have we ever worked together? :p
  10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Um... no. I'm sorry you have to always be the uncivilized scum of the game. :p
  11. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, if he's on your side...sure... [face_whistling]
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Du dummkopf Amerikaner! Wir sind nicht barbarisch! says Erik

Anywho... bterrik always chooses the uncivilized riffraff. Americans, Rebellion, Smugglers, and Pirates to name a few... essentially the "uncivilized" good guys from a certain point of view. :p
  13. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    All I have to say to that mitth, is Sieg Hiel! :p
  14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hurry up let's get started please. [face_plain]
  16. DarthLaxon7 Jedi Master

star 1
    yeah hurry up lets start.[face_beatup]
  17. kiskolou Force Ghost

star 2
  18. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GM APPROVED

Name: Jake Hanley
    Faction: Allies (British 50th)
    Favorite Weapon: Lee-Enfield
    Height: 187cm
    Weight: 78kg
    Hair: brown, short
    Eyes: blue/green
    Any other features: N/A
    Picture: N/A
    Bio: Jake was born in Limerick, Ireland on November 29th, 1924. He had been following the war and looked on as London was bombed over and over (although from Ireland he wouldn't see it). After the Invasion of Italy, Jake went by boat to England so he could sign up. Jake signed up and was placed in the British 50th Division and was noted for his crack shot. Offered the spot of Sniper he turned it down so he could take the fight right to the krauts.

Is currently onboard a Higgins boat heading straight for Gold beach, Normandy...
  19. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Users OddBall and Uber-Ed, since our three characters are all in the 101st do you think our characters could grow into being buddies? I mean, all of the soldiers will be buds but you know, our three characters maybe forming that one "I got your back, don't worry." kind of relationship?
  20. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Wyatt Robertson Jr.
    Faction: 101st Airborne Division
    Favorite Weapon: M1A1 Thompson Sub-Machine Gun
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown
    Any other features: Stubble
    Picture: [image=http://bia.gamaxx.de/img/PFC.-TOM-ZANOVICH.jpg]
    Bio: Wyatt was born in 1918, about nine months after his father returned home from fighting in the Great War, where his father had lost an arm. Wyatt was born in Kentucky, where he grew up hunting, fishing, and enjoying the outdoors. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour, Wyatt signed up the next day. He joined the Airborne, mainly for the monthly bonus. Wyatt had no clue what he signed himself up for. He was placed in the 101st Airborne Division, 501st PIR, Dog Company. He went through the most grueling training the Army had to offer. But after months of training, the Army sent him to England, for some more training. Finally, Wyatt made Lieutenant, and was made Squad Leader. Shortly after that, Wyatt began training for some "secret mission". No one had any idea of what it was, or where. All he knew was that the invasion was going to be huge.

OOC: Alright, we will start later on today.

OOC: All 101st players will be in my squad.
  21. DarthLaxon7 Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah thats a good idea Darth Vaderous but im not in the 101st ha!.anyway for the people in the Rangers,like vaderous said who wants to do that sort of "i got your back friend ship thing" ?
  22. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: YES!!!!! We're finally starting! Alright, I'll follow your guys lead. :D
  23. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Slots for the German and British factions are still open!

IC: Lt. Wyatt Robertson

6:30 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

It looked like chaos. Everywhere soldiers were running here and there, preparing for the oncoming invasion. Some, though, were just sitting on the pavement, talking with their buddies, their brothers.

The air was filled with excitement, fear, and anticipation. The invasion had originally been scheduled for this morning, but was delayed because of bad weather. Thus giving everyone more time to think about the invasion, and their part in it, whether they would live to see the day after the invasion, or the day after that, or the day after that.

A soldier could either do two things, think of his own death, or the enemy's. Wyatt preferred not to think of death at all, but every so often the idea of death would creep into the back of his mind, as it did every soldier...

Wyatt checked his Thompson, for about the fifth time. He laid it back against his parachute. Wyatt picked up his canteen, the water sloshed inside it as Wyatt's hands shook.

"You're outta smokes aren't you?" Pigpen said.

"Yeah," Wyatt's voice trailed off, "you got any?"

"Sure!" Pigpen said handing Wyatt a cigarette and a lighter.

Wyatt took the cigarette and ligther and lit it up. He inhaled the smoke from the cigarette, soothing him. "Thanks."

TAG: 101st

OOC: Other GMs, just give your players an oppurtunity to communicate with each other before we begin the invasion.

24. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    6:31 PM.

June 5, 1944.

Allied Airborn Staging Area, England.

Jake stood there, watching Wyatt smoke.

"I didn't know you were a smoker Pigpen." Wyatt said to Jake, Jake snickered, looked down at the ground and then looked back up.

"I'm not, some guy just threw me a pack earlier, I don't even know who the hell he was." Jake said, Wyatt smiled as Jake looked off at the airplanes firing up their masive engines preparing for take off. Some would come home, some wouldn't. Jake could only pray to God that his ship would be able to come back.

"You think this'll work?" Jake asked Wyatt, who took a puff of his cig.

"I'm not sure, I hope it will, I'm pretty sure it will...but I don't know." Wyatt said softly.

"Well, that was informative." Jake said, he looked down and kicked a rock. It rolled about fifteen feet in front of him before coming to a rest. "I got another question, what would you do if you got shot?".

TAG: Wyatt, 101st.
  25. DarthLaxon7 Jedi Master

star 1
    IC:Chris sat in a chair at the briefing area waiting for the invasion,he was afraid yet excited and he knew this would be an opportunity and expierience of a life time.His long hair dangled over his eyes and in his face but he didnt bother pushing it out of the way.He checked his gear to make sure he had everything and stood up looking to make some friendlys,he wasnt sure where to start.

tag:RANGERS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.