main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    OCC: this is getteing good i hope we go beyond Overlord and into holland.

IC: pfc Miller

Miller was digging the hole to make it deeper to avoid fire then suddenly germans with 2 MG42 came out from the hedge and setted up a postion, Miller turned to see Billy trying to get a hold of a medic, Miller ran to Billy's position,"Displace they got MG42s move for cover ill follow you with this guy!" miller pick up the wounded man and began to run to a safer position.

TAG: anyone.

2. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    ic:Billy 101st

::Billy looked at miller and grabbed his gun and ran with him to find the nearest cover,He grabbed the medic kit and ran into another fox hole and grabbed his rifle;; i need to find cover and get a good shot of those 42s.where are they miller ::he ducked down to avoid the fire that was firing over their head over the bushes.

tag:miller,101st,all in battle

ooc:and that drop into holland is called operation MARKET GARDEN. ;)

3. Odd_Ball13

Jun 11, 2005
    OCC: ohhhhh that the one tha fails, oh i hope we do that[face_hypnotized]

IC: Miller
    Miller called out to Billy,"Those 42s are in the hedgeline behind me!" Miller knew attack 42s were dangerous but he saw that in Billy's position there was no chance of billy takeing out the 42s without losing his head, Miller scaned the area and found a impact crater," BIlly do you see that impact crater move there it should give you a complete defilade from there fireing position!"

TAG: Billy

4. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    ic;Billy

::Billy jumped into the crater,and took aim at the mounted guns taking aim at the german using the gun.He adjusted his scope and fired taking out one of the 42.then took out the other one by hitting him in the head,the operator slung onto the ground and both guns ceased fire.:: their down i got em'.watch out for more stations though

tag:all in fight

5. Odd_Ball13

Jun 11, 2005
    IC: Miller

"I guess thats the last of them nice work billy, dont worry this guy will be alright but those Mortars are still a threat we need to take them out but well take 5 alright refit max out as much ammo and gernades as you can." Miller knew that aimlessly looking for motar would lead to disaster." Do anyone here want to volenteer for a scouting mission?"

TAG anyone

6. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: Oh, sorry guys. my bad

7. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Not your fault DV, twas mine for not using appropriate name. Anyway justed wanted to give everyone warning that I will be out of town for the next week and wont be able to post until I get back. Date of next post should be the 11th, 12th at the latest.

8. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Morning 7th June, American Mixed Group, attacking southwest of Utah Beach

The germans who had attempted to flank were beaten back by Billy's crack shots. They lost their nerve after their second gunner went down, and rushed back to the protection of the hedges.
    So, the merry firefight continued, The americans advanced by leaps and bounds, trying to escape the hail of 7.62 millimeter bullets, and the mortar bombs.
    A lieutenant ran up to a sherman tank and knocked on the turret with the butt of his carbine.
    The commander stuck his head out, and the infantryman yelled a few things and leapt off. The Tanker battened down the hatch, and the enginge belched and powered up. The tank clanked and rolled forward, it's main gun firing, and it's bow MG chattering.
    It reached the hedge, and the driver shifted a low gear to drive over the hedge and crush it down to allow the infantry to assault through.
    The tank was almost halfway up when there was a great whoosh and a trail of gas, and the tank burst into flame. The Germans had panzerschrecks! they had waited until the tank had crested the hedgerow, and then fired into it's belly, killing it immediately.
    Somebody let forth a terrible oath. The other Sherman tank, seeing the fate of their brother, held back, pumping shots into the hedges at suspected German emplacements.
    Bullets kicked up around Miller and Scubensky, one of the MG-42's had fixed on that position that had been giving suppressing fire. it was getting dangerous to make aimed shots. A soldier they shared the depression with stayed up too long and got a bullet through the eye. He went down with a sighing sob, his bowels voiding as he collapsed.
    Finally some of the Americna Mortar teams seemed to get their act together, and began firing mortars of their own onto and behind the hedge. Taylor felt an evil satisfaction as he heard one desperate scream of "Sanitater!" behind the hedge.
    Pinned by enemy fire, each man's mind searched for options...

TAG: Billy, Miller, Scubensky, Taylor, et al

Attack from Vierville, 7th June.

The Americans were continuing to fight, even though the Fallschirmjaeger had made a few penetrations. They weren't surrendering, instead they continued to shoot.
    Plitz dived into a recently retaken Foxhole. Wulf nearly shot him as he dove in, a stream fo frie from a Bar zipping overhead like angry hornets.
    "I think they've got their blood up, Herr Hauptmann."
    to the right, an american continued to fire from his foxhole. His rifle must have had a critical jam, because he withdrew into the hole, toggling at the action. Two fallschirmjaeger's with Mauser rifles rushed the position and each fired into the hole. A stream of blood arced ouwards. The two paratroopers were about to go to ground, when a fusillade of bullets from a Thompson raked them both and they fell into the hole, dying atop their slain enemy.
    The attack had not bogged, but it had lost it's initial shock and momentum. Advancing was achieved by crawling forward, rather than rushing. An assault gun, intent on collapsing a foxhole with two terrified Americna Infantrymen bore down on it, not realizing it's own precarious position. A bazooka team rose up on it's flank and fired a rocket into it's side. A great gout of fire washed the crew of the StuG out the back, where they rolled around in flames like some insane Russian dance. The burning Assualt gun continued to roll forward several meters before it's momentum played out. It stopped with it's left track less than a meter from the intended foxhole. The men must have had an instant of joyous delivery, but in the next instant, a Steilhandgranate from follow-on infantry sailed into the foxhole and atomized the two unfortunate soldiers.
    There was much smoke, but the day was going to be hot. The Fog was beginning to lift.
    That would be bad. It meant that unlessw they got a decisive breakthrough soon, the Allied naives and air force would descend on them like Birds of prey. Instinctively Plitz began the "German Glance".

TAG: Morkai

Historical Note: As the Allied and Sovi

9. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: No, it's okay. I can wait.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    GeneralFeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

21st Panzer Field Headquarters

"What do we know of the British positions around Pegesus bridge?" Rommel inquired and took a look at the map and the nearby village, Benouville. "Also, see if some snipers can be put into position to deal with any PIATs or captured panzerschreks the British may have covering the bridge. I don't want any of our panzers knocked out on the bridge and barring any others from getting through."

TAG: Deiskrad

11. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    Colombelles, 21st Panzer Field HQ. Rommel, Feuchtinger et al.

"I'm sending grenadiers across the bridge first, herr FeldMarschall." Feuchtinger said, attempting to allay Rommel's concerns.
    "Any thing that my artillery didn't get will be cleared out by the Grenadiers. Then they'll begin to dispatch Halftracks and tanks across the Caen Canal."
    He checked his watch.
    "The artillery barrage will lift in one minute, and then the Grenadier assault will begin."
    He pushes part of the map over.
    "I have two companies of Panzers here as well, Herr FeldMarschall..." he pointed to Lebisey and an area between Lebisey and St. Contest.
    "The comapny in Lebisey will attack north and tie down the British in the salient here." He pointed to a vaguely thumb shaped salient that jutted west out of Benouville.
    "The Company between Lebisey and St. Contest will adopt a defensive posture and prevent the Canadians from linking up with the British near Benouville and St. Aubin."
    He stood back, givng the Field Marshal room.

TAG: CmdrMthtrawnuruodo

OOC: I don't think I have to remind anybody on this board what today is. So, let's dedicate today's posts to the men and the memories of the men who died on all sides on this day 62 years ago.

12. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    OOC: I'm very sorry for not posting here, I am ready to jump back in.

I'll use my old character, Jacob Thigpen.

We'll just pretend he was there the whole time.

13. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    OOC: I'm very sorry for not posting here, I am ready to jump back in.

I'll use my old character, Jacob Thigpen.

We'll just pretend he was there the whole time.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Name: Jacob "Pigpen" Thigpen
    Time: Unknown

Jake was slightly to the right of Scubs, he had been Scub's shadow for most of Overlord, he rarely spoke anymore, and no one really ever noticed he was around. He fell out of sight on purpose.

Now was his time prove he could stand up in the face of adversity and fight for his life against the German war machine. His time was now.

Jake lifted his gun to his shoulder and fired off two rounds, killing a German soldier who had stood up for a split second to observe the group's status, blood sprayed like mist from the German, and then poured from the open wound, a wound directly in the heart.

I wish someone would take out that damn MG with a mortar!
    _______________________________________________________________________________

14. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Hauptmann Gierhardt Wulf CO 2nd Kommpanie 5th FJRGT/ Kanpfgruppe Wulf

Gierhardt peered cautiously over the lip of the foxhole he and Piltz shared at the nearest American positions, they weren't moving fast enough and he knew it. To his right a Panzer broke through the hedge with a loud crack as it shattered the greenery and fired at HE shot into the enemy forces, Gierhardt made a decision. "Johann give me covering fire" As Piltz screamed out for the men to pour it on Gierhardt ,amazed at his own stupidity, scrambled out of the foxhole and weaved his way towards the tank. Tracers ripped the air near him, kicking up clods of soil that he ran through till he slid behind the tank, slinging his Assault rifle he clambered up the rear of the grey monster and banged on the commanders hatch "OPEN UP YOU BASTARD" he screamed till the hatch opened with a bewildered sergant looking up at him.

With shells pinging off the armour around him Gierhardt wasted no time pointing out what he wanted them to do, then he rolled off the back and called up the nearest squad to him. On his mark he and several men threw smoke grenades, as they sparked into life he was relieved to see others up and down the line throwing a mixture of smoke and fragmentation grenades at the Ami's positions. At that moment the tank infront of him gunned its engines and took off, Gierhardt could see several others exploding towards the Ami's under the smoke cover firing as they went. Gierhadt waved his men forward as he lead them across the flank of the tank firing as he went and managing to fell two Ami's who failed to take cover in time, throughout the area green and grey clad Fallschirmjaeger pressed forward with their most violent assault, appearing before the Ami's out of the smoke screen. Dust, soil and bodies falling around him Gierhardt forced his central thrust as hard into the Ami's as he could, his men fighting with all the ferocity that they could muster as they desperately saught a breakthrough.

TAG: All

15. Odd_Ball13

Jun 11, 2005
    IC: PFC Miller

Miller look aournd seeing that he would have to take guys with him rather than ask for volenteers.*After all they volenteered to join the Airborne."Billy and Thigpen on me, ok boys we are going to find those mortars to give the medics some space, alright lets do this."

TAG: Billy and thigpen

16. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    7 June 1944, Mixed American unit

Finally, a break. A wounded american had finally been able to climb close enough to grenade throwing distance. Seeing how well bullets were at penetrating the thick stone and undergrowth of the bocage, he adopted a different strategy.
    He removed a round cylinder form his belt, pulled the pin, and heaved it, yelling "Smoke Out!" as he did so.
    A white Vapor puffed out and billowed around the chattering MG-42.
    "We've got a break!" the Captain yelled. "Let's go get them!"
    The men rose out of their holes and advanced, firing as they came. An unholy, raw sound billowed from each man's throat as they sought to destroy the men who had tormented them so long.
    Miller reached the small hole in the hedgerow where farmers and equipment were permitted to pass through. He unclipped a fragmentation grenade and was about to hurl it, when a Steilhandgranate sailed out of the gap through the smoke. It bounced off his chest and dropped to the ground, fizzing.

TAG: Taylor, Scubensky, Miller, Billy

7 June 1944, British 3rd Division at St. Aubin-Arquenay
    There was fighting going on at Benouville, and around the bridge, they could hear it from here. But they were under strict instructions to remain in their line and not advance to assist. With little rrom to maneuver, Montgomery had decided on a defense-in-depth strategy until they could expand the beachhead. So, the attacking Germans would ahve to overcome a line of paratroopers and british 3rd division men at Benouville, and then would have to penetrate a similar line at St. Aubin, and so forth down the coast road.
    The tactic was hoped to delay the panzer advance long enough so that air power and naval guns could be brought decisively into play, or, failing that, so that the Canadians on the British right could get into the fight properly and flank the attacking Germans, causing them to withdraw.
    It was hoped, at least.
    The sound of the fighting grew in the distance. Finlay looked over at his compatriots.
    "Could I have me Rum Ration now?" He asked, jokingly.

TAG: Morton, Hanley

17. Odd_Ball13

Jun 11, 2005
    OCC: im suprised my characters not an NCO or a CO:D

IC: PFC Miller
    Miller advance to the where he would put motars if he was a motar crewman, with Billy ans Thigpen watching his back he wouldnt want anyone else to they earned his trust and know they will do a good job. Up ahead was a soilder with a Doulbe A on his shoulder and a Pvt insignia on his arm."Billy,Thigpen lower your weapons 82nd airborne." Miller walked closer to him,"PFC miller,101st,506th PIR." "Pvt Adrian, 82nd, 504thPIR,glad to see you here i spotted a mortar team up ahead but cant take them alone." Miller was excited by the news, "Godd can you show me?" "Right this way." the soilder lead the way "Billy, Thigpen Stay put ill be back."

TAG: Billy thigpen

18. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Guess whos back with a brand new rap? No, not Eminem, it is I, Sabre, who has returned to fight the Nazi War Machine all the way back to the Fatherland! Should post either tomorrow or the day after.

19. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: lol Sabre, lol.

20. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: Never let it be said that Sabre is without confidence.

21. masterjedi343

Jan 26, 2005
    ic:Billy

:Billy nodded to miller seeing the 82nd and stayed where he was with thigpen.he drank some water from his canteen,and looked at the sky,it was cloudy looking like it was about to rain.his canteen was almost empty and whould be glad of some rain during the break in the fighting.::

tag;all

22. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    IC: Sgt. Hanley, 50th Division, St. Aubin

The calm before the storm. If you could call it calm. The far away sounds of gunshots and the rumbling of what seemed to be a thousand Panzers coming their way kept everyone tense. The young privates who had never seen battle shook with fear and sweated by the bucketload. The battle-weary veterans of yesteryear stood sharp and waited silently.

And there, quickly scurrying between the foxholes, was Sergeant Hanley. It was only his second day of war but it felt like it had been years since he first stepped foot on that bloodied beach the morning before.

Quietly sliding into another foxhole, Jake tapped the soldier next to him, "Hey Murphy, you right there?" He asked.

"Fine Sir, what's happening down there?" He replied, nodding his head in the direction of Pegasus Bridge.

Scratching at his unshaven chin, Jake replied, "Dunno mate, haven't heard any reports. We'll soon find out though. Good luck." He said, tapping Murphy's helmet. He then jumped back out of the foxhole and headed to the next one. Along the way he stayed crouched and could hear blades of grass crushing underfoot, everyone was deadly silent.

The calm before the storm...

TAG: DV, Deiskrad

OOC: Told ya I was back!

23. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: NICE Sabre, NICE! I love the start and end thing.

24. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    7 June 1944, Kampfgruppe Wulf, Attacking from Vierville.

The advance began again. The tank rolled forward, spitting lead from it's co-axial MG, pushing through the smoke. Bullets and mortars, if anyhing increased from the american side. But it was more random, desperate. finally, through the smoke, they could see the outline of a bunker at the seacliff edge.
    Just then, American infantry rose up along the flank of one of the advancing wedges and poured murderous fire into the Fallschirmjaeger. There were cries of pain and alarm. The fallschirmjaeger went to ground immediately, returning fire. The Tank preceeding the infantry, attempted to reverse, veering ot the right to get a shot off at theUS troops, but somebody tossed a satchel charge into the path of the tank. It's explosion shattered a track.
    The Americans rose from their slit trench and advanced against the pinned fallschirmjaeger of the far-right echelon, firing and screaming as they counterattacked.
    Wulf and the supporting rungs could not accurately target this counterpunch, due to the smoke and fog.
    "Look sir." Plitz said, dragging forward a moaning american soldier he'd just peppered with shots from his MP-40. He pointed to the orange diamond on his helmet.
    "Rangers. The American's best."
    Wulf knew what that meant, it would be a hard fight if they had rangers defending the draws. They were better than the 29th, and the 29th was showing far more eagerness to fight than they did yesterday.
    PLitz and wulf surged ahead a few feet, firing a couple of bursts forward before collapsing in a damp shell crater.
    "Orders sir?"
    They had known each other for so long. What he was asking underneath was "Should we come to the aid of our Comrades or should we press on, and send the yankees back into the ocean?"

TAG: Morkai

7 June 1944, Mixed Unit attack, Utah Beach Sector, inland

Miller kicked the fizzing steilhandgranate back into the hedge, yelling a warning just as it went off. Several men surged through the opening.
    One went down as a German rifle cracked, but the rest went on into the edge, coming out of the smoke yelling and charging.
    The Wehrmacht men retreated to the next hedge. Some of them made it, the rest were cut down by M-1 and Thompson fire.
    The village lay ahead. it was a simple norman village, dominated by a stone church near the center of town. Houses and other buildings were smattered about. Like most European towns, there had been little in the way of city planning. Hedge-bordered farms and patches of woods lay nearby. A single main road, the one the Sherman had been reluctant to trundle down, snaked through and beyond.
    "Alright. Check the village. And be careful, there may be civilians. But there may also be Germans, so stay alert. Once we secure the village we'll bury the dead." The captain said.
    The sherman clanked and rattled down the road. The Infantry movd out across the hedge towards the village.

TAG: Scubensky, Miller, Billy, Taylor, Thigpen, et al

7 June 1944, St Aubin Arquenay

"hey sarge" said Finlay "'how 'bout that Rum Ration eh? Can I have it now, along with a woman?"
    He Grinned, as he checked the action on his Bren, the sound of the fighting getting closer. A billow of smoke rose from Benouville.

TAG: Morton, Hanley

25. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    Colombelles, Normandy. Field HQ 21st Panzer Division

"It is certainly Possible, herr Feldmarschall" Feuchtinger admitted. "But I was an artillery officer. I have confidence in my guns to knock out the significant oppositiong while the Grenadiers handle the rest.
    A few minutes passed, finally a field phone rang.
    "Herr General, The Grenadiers have secured the bridge and are massing for an assault on the outer buildings of Benouville. Two SdKfz's and on Panzer have crossed to assist. The bridge is sound enough to cross one tank at a time or two halftracks."
    Feuchtinger acknowledged the report.
    "After my grenadiers have secured the town, my Panzers will burst out along the road and push the english back into the Sea. It will be doubly a victory if the 12th SS crosses the river on their flank as well. Icing on the cake."
    He smiles prematurely, and turns to his Commanding Officer.
    "Herr Feldmarschall, If you wish to tour the front, I request permission to accompany you."

TAG: CmdrMtthrawnuruodo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.