main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    OOC: Don't they shave your head in the Military???

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    GeneralFeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

Rommel Haus, Herrlingen, Deutschland

The Desert Fox was in the family room sitting in his lounge chair reading the evening paper. His son, Manfred, was busy at a stationary desk studying his mathematics while his wife sat next to him repairing a pair of trousers. Although he was here to relax and enjoy the week with his family and celebrate his wife's birthday, he could not help but think about the coming Allied Invasion. He knew the D date was close, he could feel it. Almost sense it even and his fingerspitzengehful has never misled him before in the past.

If only those fools in High Command would bring the Panzergruppen closer to the coastline for a swifter response when the Allies finally invaded. The sooner they can respond, the easier it would be to drive the Allies back out to sea. He even suspected that Normandy was going to be the chosen coastline to invade. Although it was farther from the Allied goals, it was still the crack in the levee that would allow them to gain a foothold in Europe and he was the Dutch boy who had to stop the coming flood. For he knew that once the Allies established a fortified beachhead, the war would be lost for certain. There was just no way his Fatherland could fight two fronts and expect to be victorious on both. They would either have to concentrate their efforts on the Western front or the Eastern front and frankly he'd rather have the Wehrmacht concentrate on the Eastern front.

The Soviets were the greater threat to Germany and he would die first before he allowed them to rape and pillage his Fatherland.

The soft music of a female singer drifted into his thoughts and Rommel finally took notice that his wife had turned on the radio. He met her gentle gaze and he could easily tell that she knew what he was thinking about. "You are here to relax, Erwin. If the Allies finally decide to invade, your staff will let you know. Do not dwell on it." She placed a reassuring hand on his arm.

"Ach, I know." He replied. "I would be happier if they done and got it over with already. The sooner we can toss them back out into the Channel, the longer I can stay home."

"Maybe the Allies won't invade," Manfred said ethusiastically, like a boy who was worshipping his favorite hero. "They'll have learned by now that you are in command of the Atlantic Wall, father, and that will discourage the very idea out of them."

Rommel chuckled and smiled at his son's ethusiasim. "But they have Montgomery and that alone will give them the courage to try. We are ready for them and we will defeat them when they finally make the attempt."

Later on that evening, when he and his wife were getting ready to retire for the night and their son had already done so, Lucie softly chastised her husband. "You really shouldn't have given him such false hopes."

"I know," he answered from the lavatory, the sounds of running water and washing imminating from inside. "But what am I to tell such a young boy who believes in his own father? If I told him the truth, that there is no real hope of winning this war his beliefs would be smashed. Ow!" Lucie heard him curse under his breath and merely shook her head while she prepared their bed. "Damnable blade!"

"And what do you think will happen when those promises of hope cannot be kept?" she asked of him and did not receive an immediate reply. She could hear him move around and draining water and knew he was finished in there.

"He is only fifteen, Lucie." Rommel emerged from the lavatory, drying his cropped hair with a towel, another wrapped around his waist. "Let him continue to hero worship. Why should we shatter what little happiness and pride he has gotten out of this damnable war? I am not going to spoil it for him. At least not until it reaches the point where I can no longer continue the charade. Let him enjoy his childhood as much as he can, he only has one."

"I only worry."

"So do I." He kissed her softly on the lips. "So do I, my dear."

TAG: No on

3. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC:Captain Wulf Gierhardt

Wulf was sat quietly studying his maps when he heard the men around him start to mutter amongst themselves. He folded the map and looked up, driving through the town square his company was currently relaxing in was a number of armour transports. He raised and eyebrow at his adjutant who gestured at the markings on the side of the lead truck. Painted there in white on the matt grey of the truck was the twin lighting bolts of and SS unit.

Sargent Holtz swore at spat on the pavings infront of them, Wulf could understand the man's thinking Bloody Nazi super soldiers he thought, They were continually picking fights with his men and those of other Fallschirmjaeger units, He knew from experience that they resented anyone with "Elite" status who wasn't a foaming Nazi party member. Well he couldn't care less what they did now as long as it didn't endanger his men or their mission.

His company was resting at ease waiting for their next transports to their area of operations further down the penninsular. He stood, tucking his maps into a pocket and straightening his camoflaged coat and adjusted his MP 44 which had been digging into his webbing. As he strapped his jump helmet on, {so proudly different from those of the rest of the Wermacht} he winced up at the bright blue sky, he could see storm clouds on the horizon...a pity. He signalled his squad leaders to join him and walked to the center square, It was too nice a day for war he thought to himself as he went over the Kommpanie's deployment orders one more time with his men.

TAG: All

4. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005

5. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    IC: Matt "Dead Eye" Butcher

Deadeye sat in a room full of soldiers. It was filled with the endless chatter of soldiers, talking about anyhing, from prostitutes to food. Deadeye stayed silent. He looked around for a friendly face, seeing none. He turned and left the building, deciding it was better to get some time in with his wife, before he left for invasion. He had no idea how long it would be till, if, he came back. What little time he had with her was precious. He walked through the streets of Portsmouth, and ended up at his house. His wife, Amy, came out to greet him, her long hair blowing in the breeze, and smiled.

"Why, is the operation over all ready Dead-Eye?"

She said, and he walked up to her, and kissed her passionately, only pulling away when he heard a sharp cough. He turned around, and looked at the man who had saved his life. "Hello, Sir!" He said. Daniel, the friendly fisherman, had been a Major in the first world war, before retiring to live by the sea, and spawn 3 beautiful daughters. Only Amy lived with him now. "At ease Sargeant." Though Daniel was retired, he still liked to have some air of duty, espicially over his son in law. Dead Eye spoke to him rapedly.

"The operation has been called off till tomorow due to bad weather. We hope to get to the RP by tommorow morning, so i figured i would get all the time i had in with my family."

Daniel smiled, and said to himm "Go on then, I won't bother you. IN fact, I think i'll be going out for a while, maybe a few hours. See you later." Daniel walked off with a coy smile, knowing exactly what those two would get up to if he left them alone. Still, at least if he was lost in Europe, it would give her something, someone, to remember him by.

TAG: ???

6. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: Not everyone belived that theory, Rommel was a great military strategist and realized Normandy was just as likley because of its beaches. Hitler thought the allies would land north because of the ports and stuff needed for transferring supplies. and since hitler was the guy he was he had alot of people who wouldnt stand up to him and therfore the Allies were able to exploit that and create all the decoys that conviced alot of germans but not all. So while he might not be certan he didnt dismiss Normandy as easly as other peple did.
    He however didnt think the allies would be invading so soon, he though the weather was bad enough that he left for Germany and wasnt there for the initial landings.

The only problem is dead eyes post, piror to the invasion all soldiers were quaranteened to thier divisions and not allowed to leave camp, in order to keep as much of the invasion as secret as possible. I heard an interesting story once, that a newspaper just days before the invasion had a bunch of their secrete code words ina crossword puzzle, incluidng the name overlord, and many of the beaches, omaha, juno and things like that
    IC: Corporal Detjen Haynes

6:30 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

He sat facing the sun watching as the sky began to change its colors for the night. in his hands he held a pendant. it was misshapen and slightly melted, he could nolonger tell what it was. It had actually belong to a young boy he had met some months ago. The boy had been orphaned during the blits bombings of London. the little misshapen lump of metal was all that survived, the chain had been replaced by a simple strip of leather. He had been given the pendant when he had spent a day with the boy, a program where some soldiers had taken an orphaned child for a day and basically tried to get them to forget the trageties of war for a day.

The boy had been curious about the united states and asked a million and one questions bout the country, California, his home in Susanville, what it was like being so far away. then at the end he had given the soldier the pendant and made him swear a hundred times that once he was back from defeating the Germans he would visit again before going home. he slid the object back into one of his pockets and glanced to his left where the Lt and some private were smoking, then turned to his right where another private sat staring off into the same sunset he had been looking at a moment before. He stood and made his way towads him drawing the last of a packet his mother had sent to him, a couple cookiees.

"Want one?" he offered the private as he sat down next to him. the private looked like he was about to refuse, but then reconsidered and took one of the cookies. "Your my ammo carryer arnt you?" Asked the corpral as he tapped one of the ammo pouches on the kids belt.
    "huh? Oh! oh yes sir I am." said the kid quickly biting into the cookie and realizing the corpral next to him ad been the one with the BAR.
    "Good, just try to stick with me, Im gonna need that when I get down there, I only have so many myself, wihout you I would be throwing my cookiees at them." He grinned but the private seemed to miss the joke. He shook his head and tooke a bite out of his own cookie. "So where are you from?"
    "A little town in Maine."
    "Maine huh. Im from California myself."
    "Have you ever done this before?" Asked the private looking up from his cookie? "Jumped into real battle?"
    "Yea actually I have. was with the 50th regement, First American airdrop, down into africa near a place called Oran."
    "yea? what was that like?"
    "Donno was scared out of my mind and dont remember it." the Corpral replied with a grin and another bite from his cookiee. "All I remember was once I got down on the ground my rifle jammed and my first hour was spent following some Sergent and praying I wouldnt get shot untill I got a new weapon."

The private fell silent and the pair finished off the cookies in the

7. DarthLaxon7

DarthLaxon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    OOC:Darth Vaderous-Yes they do trim your hair in the millitary,but i dont believe they keep cutting it over and over,but im not sure about that my dad was in the army and air force though so ill ask him.Have any Rangers even posted yet!?

IC:He slung his thompson over his shoulder and scanned around for someone he looked like would be friendly,he saw a young man only a few years younger then him(Matthew Calico),he walked over to him,chewing on tobbaco,said to Matt,looking at the Private First Class rank on his uniform he held out his hand "hey,my names Chris Colt,"

tag:matt calico,rangers

8. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    OOC:

I'm special, and i refer to it as the operation. Most residents of portsmouth etc knew what was happening anyway. Its not hard to guess when you have a large amount of the Allied Forces were stationed in there towns.

Also the newspaper story is true, it was the Telegraph i think, but it was just chance that it happened.

9. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    GM Note

Good posts! But please don't post until your Faction GM posted their opening posts. Also, don't forget to use your colors.

10. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick CloudRick slouched on the bench,closed his eyes and exhaled.He did'nt understand the exitement about the invasion,It was just another day for rick.Just another chance to kill or be killed.Frankly he didn't care if he died or lived himself.Only one thing mattered to him,and that was vengeance.All rick wanted to do is kill some nazi scum.Rick laughed at the notion that he once thought that this was heroic.He opened his eyes,and started to prepare.

11. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    IC: Feldmarschall Gerd Von Rundstedt, Oberkommando West (Supreme Commander West), Paris 6:30 pm, 5 june 1944

The bones ached. Von Rundstedt sat in his office in Paris, and his bones ached. It meant that rain was coming. Something Von Rundstedt had learned he could trust in his nearly 70 years of life, seasoned by over forty in uniform. Rainw as coming. And that meant no invasion.
    Plus, he had the reports right in front of him. Rain. Tomorrow. Enough of it to keep the Allied navies in port, and their warriors in Britain. The invasion would have to wait another day.
    Knowing that, he had given Rommel leave to visit his wife for her Birthday. Even under American pressure the British would never permit the invasion to happen under these circumstances. If they did, his boys would have msot of the work done for them before they even got halfway.
    He looked at the map. 15th army stationed around Calais, their divisions bristled, ready for an attack from the First US Army Group, based somewhere around dover. Two great beasts, posturing before the struggle.
    He looked over the latest weather reports from the Luftwaffe, only reinforcing his beliefs, dismissed hsi Aide De Camp, and set about issuing orders for the next day.
    He saw taht General Marcks was to be holding war games. Practice. Von Rundstedt decided to raise the alert level of Marcks' LXXXIV Corps. and then moved on to other issues.

OOC: Will do a Wittman post, and maybe a Marcks post later.

12. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Jimmy Mason, Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

Jimmy looked out onto the airfield and lit up a cigarette and inhaled deeply, then blew the smoke out toward the end of the airfield. He could feel the temperature dropping slightly as the sun was setting over the jagged horizon. Jimmy looked down, checking off another thing on the check list for his first aid bag. We'll all be bombed out of our asses if we stick around here longer.

Jimmy finished the list, finishing with checking off the tourniquet as the last item on the list. "Such a useful medical tool," Jimmy mumbled to himself, as he pulled the helmet off his head. He looked at the picture of the girl he'd left behind in Dallas. The two had been going out for over half a year. Jimmy wanted to pop the big one, but decided not to until the war with Europe was over for the very reason of the US getting into it.

Jimmy starred at the beautiful features she had about her and felt the sudden impulse to fight longer and harder to make sure the Nazis didn't lay a finger on her. He mentally checked off not to ever admit that to anyone. He pulled a letter our of his helmet, too, and read it over again.

Dear Jimmy

Having a good time in England. I heard the weather over there is nice right now. My Dad just found more Black Gold out somewhere in West Texas. It'll bring in a pretty penny, he says. He even said he could use a good war boy to run the place.

I miss you Jimmy. I'm worried. You never send letters back to me, and I know why, but if I got just one, it would mean the world to me. Just to know you haven't been hurt in some accident or something would be the greatest news ever. Everyday, more and more is in the news about the war. I'm scared Jimmy.

Come back safe. Please. For my sake.

Love,
    Jennifer Lanny

Jimmy folded the letter back up into his helmet, trying to refocus on the mission at hand. Jimmy raised the cigarette to his mouth again and blew out more smoke as he wondered how much life would change after today.

Tag: Anybody

13. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Lt. Wyatt Robertson

6:37 P.M.
    June 5, 1944

The men got quiet, Wyatt could tell they were nervous about the mission, and with good reason. In about six hours, they would be jumping into Normandy. They were going to be a part of the largest invasion in history. For the men of Wyatt's squad it would be their first combat jump. For some, it would be their last.

Wyatt shook his head. The thoughts of death were entering his mind again. He knew his men were thinking about death, also, whether it be their own or the enemy's. The thought of death plagued the air. Wyatt needed something to calm the men. He reached down into his pack and pulled out a deck of cards.

"Who's up for some poker?"

TAG: 101st

14. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Jango I sent this to you but you still haven't replied, so I'm gonna go ahead and post, sorry. I don't think anything is wrong with it.
    ---------

Name: Terry Scubensky
    Nickn: Scubs
    Faction: 101st Airborn
    Class: Demolitions
    Weapons: M1 Carbine, M9A1 Bazooka, combat knife
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 145 lbs.
    Hair: red, short
    Eyes: hazel
    Other features: large sideburns, tenor voice, skinny
    Physical Condition: some arm strength, but mostly average non buff
    Bio: Terry had two brothers, one older, and one younger. They lived on a farm in Eastern Kansas and much of their time was spent hunting and camping. His older brother, Michael and his father taught him how to shoot a rifle and how to survive in the wilderness. Michael also taught him how to move silently and quickly in the forest.
    In school they called him Scubs, and soon he found a girlfriend, Tana. They spent lots of time walking and talking. He and Tana were in love all throughout school, and finally, Terry got his draft notice. He promised Tana he would return and they would get married, but she wouldn't stop crying. He and Michael were both drafted, but Michael was put in a different unit.

15. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: Sorry, I havn't replied, I've been busy with this. You shall be the very last 101st.

16. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    Minor thing, but I'm going to ask the German players to abide by it.
    Germany (United Kingdom as well) would date their dispatches by first the date, then the month. For instance:

6 June 1944

All should probably use 24 hour time.

17.00 instead of 5 pm.

This is totally voluntary, but would be good for authenticity.

17. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004
    OOC: alright sorry, Jango, I just didn't want to miss out on this amazing RPG!

IC: Pvt. Terry Scubensky (Scubs)

Terry noticed Jimmy looking at a picture of his girl.He thought he looked lonely so he plopped down next to Jimmy and nodded at him.

"Nice girl." Scubs said, and quickly took out a picture of Tana, handing it to Jimmy. His love, Tana, was back in Kansas probably asleep right now. No, he knew better than that. She had told him in the last letter that she could barely sleep at night because all she could see was him and she was so worried.

TAG: Jimmy Mason

18. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    sorry guys,I'm way too busy.I can't really play this rpg.Bye,I hope this thread florishes!

19. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Jimmy Mason

Jimmy looked up at the figure that had came up to him and sat down on the ammo crate next to him. Jimmy pulled out a pack of cigarettes and tossed it in his lap as Jimmy blew another puff of smoke out from his mouth. "Gawdalmighty, what the hell is a kid like you doing here with a girl like that back home?" Jimmy said, turning with a smile. "Name's Jimmy Mason. I'm a Texas born, bread and raised, and I'd have enough sense to Unless, of course you wanted to bring some pretty battle scars back home to show off to 'er."

Jimmy looked over the boy. He was scrawny and didn't look like he could even carry a gun, much less shoot one. I'm going to be putting some patches on him. "Of course to perfect those scars, you're going to want to come to me. I can get'em pretty much the exact way you want them. I'm one of the medics, so I'll keep an eye out for you. You'll get to see your gal again, kid. That I promise you. I hope I can do the same, but hell. Only the great being in the sky knows what'll happen in six hours..." Jimmy said, lettign himself trail off, feeling colder by the second after the thought of him not going back.

Tag: Terry Scubensky (Scubs)

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    GM Approved

Name: Heinrich Von Espe
    Faction: Third Reich
    Unit: 2nd SS Panzer Division
    Class: Rifleman/Sturmgrenadier
    Favorite Weapon: MP44 Sturmgewehr Assault Rifle
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 210
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Any other features:
    Picture: [image=ww http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ReAzc24Np7kJ:http://www.sproe.com/images/german-comp-waffen-ss.jpg ]
    Bio: Heinrich joined the Fuhrer's army in the Winter of 1939. After rigorious weeks of training, he was sent to the front lines of France. His time there was short, due to the mass exodus of the allied forces through dunkirk. From there, he was transfered to the Southern Front, battling in the Mediterranea against the Allied forces there. It was here, that Heinrich was shot in the rear, sending him home for months untill he was fit for battle once more. The time now was 1944, and Heinrich was stationed on the French coast. He was certain an allied invasion was comming next, but he did not know where or when they would land. But he was sure he would be forced to meet them head on.

21. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004
    IC: Terry Scubensky (Scubs)

Scubs held the pack of smokes in his hand questioningly and then chuckled at Jimmy.

"I'm Terry Scubensky, you can call me Scubs if you want. I'm from Kansas but I've been to Texas many times, I love it there." Terry told him.

Terry smiled, glad he had befriended one of the medics, especially one like Jimmy who had seen plenty of action before.

"And I'll do my best to cover you. I'm demolitions, I'll be hittin the tanks hard, so hopefully if you get me I'm in one piece..." Scubs said and nodded to him.

"Oh, and no thanks on the smokes. I use to go for a smoke all the time back in high school and I'm just now gettin back to where I can run without huffin and puffin."

TAG: Jimmy Mason

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Hey Thokers! Seig heil!

23. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: How many characters can one person have? Cause there seems to be only 3 people in the British army. Is it possible that somebody from the rangers or 101st could make a second character for the brits?

24. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    GM Note

OOC: Yes definately. If someone wants two characters, they can have another character in the British Faction.

OOC: Also, remember 101st Faction, you are all in the same squad, you already know each other, you've been through months and months of training. No need to introduce yourselves. Also, I'm still waiting to see if anyone wants to play some Texas Hold 'Em! :p

25. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: I'm going to go ahead and get the Rangers started, as it seems they are the only faction that hasn't gotten started yet.

IC: Colonel of the 2nd Rangers

6:45 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Omaha Beach Staging Area, England

The Colonel stepped up to the podium and looked out into the many soldiers that would be going to Normandy the next day. He cleared his throat.

"Tommorow, June 6, 1944 at 0600 hours, you will be storming the beaches of Normandy. The 2nd Rangers have been assigned this beach area," the Colonel pointed a pointer to a section of Normandy, "code named Omaha Beach. It will be heavily defended, but not as heavily as the Pas de Calais area, to which General Patton's spook invasion will be. Your enemy at Normandy consists of several German Infantry Divisions, and several German Airborne Divisions. They have a strong will, and will not give up the beaches without a fight."

The Colonel paused for a moment, "Your Airborne Brothers in Arms will be jumping into normandy at about 2300 hours. The Airborne divisions will disable the artillery guns defending Normandy, allowing you safer passage onto the beaches. You will go down in history men, as heroes. Good luck, and may God bless us."

The Colonel stepped down and retired to his quarters.

TAG: Rangers (interact amongst yourselves)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.