main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    IC:Jeff Stafford

6:45 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Omaha Beach Staging Area, England

With a smirk on his face he raised his hand after he got acknowledged he said,"Sir,how come the fly boys get the easy job while you use us for cannon fodder? I really don't want to die on the beachs Sir so I hope you trained those fly boys as good as us grunts." As he waved his arm around the room,"Sir I was just kidding by the look on your face you can't take jokes can you?" With that he got up with the reat of his squad and left the briefing room with the hot face commander behind.Finally after walking a good distance from the building he threw himself on the ground and leaned back against against the wall of another building,in the distance he could see groups of soliders,friends,brothers getting ready to live or die for the country as he watched he saw his squad was a good way from him,"Thats good."

He muttered to himself he liked being away from others on the eve of major battles he got him calmed and rady to do his duty and plus time to reflect reflect on him,his family,and life itself.Quickly he said a silent pray for himself and his squad and to everyone who was going into battle after he finished he looked up at the clear sky for of distance stars,"I wonder if we would ever vist them all?" He asked him that one little questions as he stared off into space waiting for either a fellow squadmate or the order to pack up came through.

Tag:Rangers and anyone else

2. DarthLaxon7

DarthLaxon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Chris Colt" IC:Chris walked away from the man knowing he wasnt responding any time soon.He sat down in a chair and listented to the Colonel speak.a man he recognized as Jeff Stafford cracked a few jokes,he chuckled a bit but realized no one else was.The colonel dismissed everyone as he walked away,he saw Jeff lean down somewhere and he walked over to him and said"Hey man,you feeling OK?,were gonna be alright

tag:rangers,jeff stafford

3. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    6:50 PM

June 6, 1944

Allied Airborn Staging Area, England

Jake picks up card after card from a playing deck as Wyatt deals them out to both himself and Jake.

"You know Wyatt, I have never lost a game of Texas Hold 'Em in my life?" Jake said to Wyatt who stopped dealing for a second as he glanced up at Jake, he shook his head then started throwing cards back out again. Jake smiled and said...

"I'm serious man, no one has ever beaten me at Texas Hold 'em." Then again I've only played once so that could have something to do with it." Wyatt chuckled and Jake sort of smiled at his little joke, Wyatt then finished dealing the cards and Jake picked up his deck only to find one of the most horrific and disturbing things since the Russian/German battle of Stalingrad. But this wasn't a bloddy battle, it was horrible hand.

Holy crap, that's the worst hand I've ever seen! Jake said as he looked at his hand.

"You're just bluffin' ain't ya?" Wyatt asked, Jake grasped his mouth and slowly looked up at Wyatt. He removed his hand from his mouth and replied with a simple "No.".

God, what I'd do for an ice cold beer right now." Jake exclaimed under his voice.

"What'd you say?" Wyatt asked as Jake replied...

"I said...What I'd do for an ice cold beer right now." Wyatt looked at Jake and asked him...

"What would you do for one right now?" Wyatt asked Jake, Jake thought about it for a moment and then replied...

"I'd kill a Kraut, now get back to the game before I slap you in the head." Wyatt laughed and looked down at his hand of cards wondering what he should do.

OOC: I guess you have a good hand lol.

4. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Lt. Wyatt Robertson

6:52 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

Wyatt glanced at his cards, Ace-Ten offsuit. "Eh, I'll go in five."

Wyatt waited for Jake to fold.

TAG: Jake, any other 101st

5. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    101st

After his talk with the private that would be carrying most of his BAR ammo he sat down to watch the poker game, he had nothing on him though, he had a habit of sending most of his wages back home, keeping just enough to have a little spending money when he got out on the town for a couple of days. Unfortuantly with the invasion upcomming he had been restricted to camp for many days and he had sent everything home, figuring he would have little use for money when fighting the Germans. Besides he was happy with simply watching, he lost no money that way, and he could still think about the upcomming invasion, going through his minds agaion the mental images of the maps and tables and the objectives of all airborn divisions.

6. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    6:53 PM

June 5, 1945

Allied Airborn Staging Area, England

Eh, dookie." Jake says as he lays out his cards on the table he and Wyatt were playing on. I fold, you broke my winning streak damn you. He says as a joke. "Deal again."

7. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    GM approved

Name: Deiter Hedrick
    Faction: German WehrMacht SS
    Class: Medic
    Favorite Weapon: Sturmgewehr MP44, Luger.
    Height: 6'0''
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Any other features: Light Skin
    Picture: http://www.simonsays.com/assets/isbn/0689860218/C_0689860218.jpg
    Bio: Drafted into the German Hitler Youth at a young age (15) and then promoted into the German Army. Has met The Fuhrer personally and was given the Rank of Colonel. Many of Deiter's comrades wondered how he could reach a high rank at a young age. Deiter was also known to be very stubborn and very harsh at times. He always wanted to get the job done and really hates procrastinators and failures. Can be caring and loving to his friends and also funny. After while he started getting lonely and strict and he kept getting bitter to his friends. He was loyal to the SS and only to his superiors.
    HomeTown: Berlin, Germany

8. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Jimmy Mason, Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

Jimmy looked at Scubs, trying to imagine the man with a pack of explosives in his hand, blowing stuff up. He couldn't picture it. Everybody looks different in uniform, though. "When I get back, I'm gonna goin' home, get with my gal, and runnaway. I'm gonna to get in the car with her and just go on a long road trip to where ever the hell she wants to go." Jimmy blew another puff of smoke into the air. "Well, first I'm gonna have to get a good drink and mess around with some of my buddies...well, if they come home. Most of 'em went off to the war just like I did. What're you gonna do, Scubs?" Jimmy asked, just now realizing how crappy the cigarette was, and dropped it and stomped it out. Jimmy leaned over and took another glance at the picture of the young lady in the photograph. "At least we don't have to worry about our gals being taken by other men. All the men are out to war.

Tag: Scubs

9. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Deiter Hedrick
    [Berlin,Germany] [0700 Hours]
    [Waffen SS HQ] [Clear,Cold Day]

~I was a new recruit in the German Army. I met the Fuhrer personally and he gave me a medal for some unknown reason. I was surprised and he promoted me into the Rank of Colonel or Oberst. I was the best man perhaps in the Hitler Youth and i was drafted into the SS. I waited in the HQ sitting down while listening to a nearby radio hearing the German Song "DeutshLand Uber Alles" I sand along with the melody faintly.~

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    über alles in der Welt,
    wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
    brüderlich zusammenhält.
    Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
    von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
    |: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    über alles in der Welt!

Germany, Germany above all,
    above anything in the world,
    when always, for protection,
    we stand together as brothers.
    From the Meuse to the Neman,
    from the Adige to the Belt,
    |: Germany, Germany above all,
    above anything in the world.

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
    deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
    sollen in der Welt behalten
    ihren alten schönen Klang,
    uns zu edler Tat begeistern
    unser ganzes Leben lang.
    |: Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
    deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!

German women, German loyalty,
    German wine and German songs
    shall continue to be held in high
    esteem all over the world,
    and inspire us to noble deeds
    all our lives.
    |: German women, German loyalty,
    German wine and German songs!

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    für das deutsche Vaterland!
    Danach lasst uns alle streben
    brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
    |: blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
    blühe, deutsches Vaterland.

Unity and justice and freedom
    for the German fatherland;
    This let us all pursue,
    brotherly with heart and hand.
    Unity and justice and freedom
    are the pledge of happiness.
    |: Flourish in this blessing's glory,
    flourish, German fatherland.

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Und im Unglück nun erst recht.
    Nur im Unglück kann die Liebe
    Zeigen ob sie stark und echt.
    Und so soll es weiterklingen
    Von Geschlechte zu Geschlecht:
    |: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Und im Unglück nun erst recht.

Germany, Germany above all,
    and during disaster more than ever,
    only in disaster can love
    show whether it's strong and true;
    And so shall the song continue
    from generation to generation
    |: Germany, Germany above all,
    and during disaster more than ever.

TAG: Any

OOC: Sing along! http://www.enter.net/~blair/culture/culture1.html

10. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    IC: Terry Scubensky (Scubs)

"No ones gonna take my girl, got my little brother watchin over her. You are right though, all of us men are fighting, so I guess I shouldn't worry." Scubs said, running his fingers through his red hair.

"Hmmmm. When I get back first thing I'm gonna do is have some good home-cooked dinner. Then I'll prolly go huntin with my brothers again, and then head into to town with my girl. Thats a long ways away, so its a bit hard to think about it right now. I don't know what this war will do to me, and I hope to God my brother makes it through." Terry said.

He heard Wyatt announce they were playing poker.

"Wanna go play some Hold Em with el-tee?"

TAG: Jimmy Mason

11. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    [Berlin,Germany] [Waffen SS HQ]

~When the song ended i waited patiently in the main room. It was a busy day. I was talking to a fellow German Soldier who sat across from me. I introduced myself.~

Hallo. Ich bin Deiter Hedrick. Und sind Sie?

Hello. I'm Deiter Hedrick. And you are?

Ich bin nur ein regelmäßiger deutscher Soldat Vorbeigehen an durch. Sie müssen nicht wissen. Der Waffen SS ist sehr streng. Es ist müde. Wie um Sie?

I'm just a regular German Soldier passing by. You don't need to know. The Waffen SS is very strict. It's tiring. How about you?

Ich bin angeworben in die deutsche Armee gewesen. Ich bin ein Oberst, den Sie wissen.

I'm been recruited into the German Army. I'm a Colonel you know.

Das ist nett. Ich bin nur ermüdet. Der Kommandant hat strenge Regeln auf uns gelegt.

That's nice. I'm just tired. The Commander laid strict rules on us.

12. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Jimmy Mason, Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

"Sure. Of course, it might not be fair, though. I am from Texas," Jimmy said with a smirk. Jimmy pulled out his wallet and looked on as a fly flew out as Jimmy tried to spill the wallet's contents. "Guess I'll be watchin'," Jimmy said as he got up and started walking with Scubs to where the card game was called.

"Mind if we join in boys?"

Tag: People playing cards

13. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Captain Wulf Gierhardt

Wulf's Kommpanie had been moved to a small town near the Cotentin penninsular. Though he knew the local's hated it he soon had his men billeted down with strict orders to avoid annoying the locals unless absolutely necessary. Now he kept the boys busy with some live firing exercises and manouvers, the Fallschirmjaeger had a reputation as the best and he wanted to make sure his boys exemplified the best traditions of the paratroop corps.

Now however it was getting late and the men except for sentries and patrols were finished for the day. Wulf himself joined his adjutant and intelligence officer in the local cafe for a coffee and to run over old memories. All three of them had served together for four years and had seen every kind of horror that war could dredge up. Though at this time they were laughing about their last leave in paris. Wulf's thoughts were mellow and on his family back home, he sipped at his coffee as Freidman and Plitz were argueing over some women they had both met in Paris. Wulf thought of his wife Aida and what she must be going through, he had heard the other day that Munich had been bombed heavily and he hadn't heard from her in weeks though he knew the mail system was atrocious. He sighed, his daughter Ingrid would be three in two weeks, he hadn't seen her since she was six weeks old. Aida said she had his smile, he just hoped he would get to see it one day.

TAG: all

14. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Um, we really need more reinforcements for the brits. with only two people we can't do much other than sit around.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Deiskrad is away for a few days or so and has asked me to temporarly take his place as the German GM. So....

Jango10 how much longer are we going to stay on June 5th?

Also, JediCouncilMaster what is a Heer Oberst doing at the Waffen SS Headquarters? The Waffen SS is a military extension of the SS and does not answer to the Werhmacht. If your character met Hitler and was given the rank of Oberst, he more than likely would have ended up in the Waffen SS rather than the Heer. The Waffen SS are the Elite Nazi soldiers of the Third Reich and don't look upon the Werhmacht very nicely and vice versa. So I'm asking you, did you intend to be a soldier of the Waffen SS or do you intend for your character to be recruited into the Waffen SS?

16. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    OOC: Yeah, we should move off of June 5th, I wanna get to shooting Krauts not playing cards. [face_frustrated]

17. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Fine i'll be a soldier in the Waffen SS, then. Jeez. I can't seem to make up my mind. I'm a Colonel so don't forget that. I want to get to the action already. How much longer?

18. DarthLaxon7

Jun 9, 2005
    OOC:Yeah,for the rangers whens the invasion gonna start?

19. Cadian

Cadian Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    Name: Mark Gordon
    Faction: American 2nd Ranger Batallion
    Class: Sniper, but this is just to show I have great accuracy, I will try to find a way to lose my sniper rifle right at the start.
    Favorite Weapon: M1911 Colt .45
    Rank: Private, I want to be new, but still a great shot and leader.
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 160
    Hair: Black shaved hair. Just got out of the military barber.
    Eyes: Blue
    Any other features: None
    Picture: None
    Bio: Mark Gordon just got out of training. He is proven an incredible marksman, but prefers his Colt .45. He carries his Springfield Sniper Rifle on a shoulder strap. He is new, but a great leader and soldier. Very shy and doesn't like to meet new people.

20. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: I am going to wait until Deiskrad returns. Unless he said it was alright to start without him.

21. Cadian

Cadian Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    IC: Mark Gordon

Mark Gordon sits on a bed in his barracks, thinking about the invasion that is about to happen. He is loading and unloading his Colt .45, just waiting. His Springfield Sniper Rifle is sitting on the counter beside him. He opens a draw and takes out a couple boxes of ammo for the rifle and sets them beside the rifle. He goes to the draw underneath it and takes out ammo for the Colt .45. He loads up the Colt .45, and then loads up the rifle and places them on his bed. He is about to leave the room, then walks back and tucks his Colt .45 into the back of his pants.

He walks out of the room and sees soldiers all over doing different things. He isn't interested by anything their doing, and walks back inside and moves the rifle off the bed. He lays back down and thinks.

22. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005

~I was getting ready for the attack on Normandy beach. I was in my bunk dreaming about the war. I still didn't know what i would do. I mean, the Kommandant still hadn't told me. I was looking at the Nazi flag then I turned my head looking at a large poster of Adolf Hitler. I had to fight. For the German Fatherland. It was hard to sleep. It was noisy. Talking. I tried to sleep. And i did.~

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    This game will be long dead before he returns Jango10. He won't be back until Sunday.

24. DarthLaxon7

Jun 9, 2005
    OOC:Its only friday now where i am.No one is replying that i am posting to.

25. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Can't we spend the rest of today gearing up, tomorrow in the boats, and then we land later on. there is nothing to do at barracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.