main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    When do start my part in the war? i need to know when i have to be on

2. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Jimmy Mason
    1 hour before launch

Jimmy read over the letter he had written once more, and in the dark, gave it a small kiss. The words he spilled out onto the paper still fresh in his memory. People ran around, getting gear ready, making sure things were packed up right. Jimmy paid no attention to anything else but the single solitary letter in his hand. I want to send it, I need to send it...but...I don't want her to have false hope. God help Jennifer. Jimmy almost felt a tear drop from his eye, but imediatly ended the thoughts and dropped the letter into the overstuffed send box.

IC as Jimmy Mason
    11:45 P.M.
    June 5, 1944
    Allied Airborne Staging Area, England

Jimmy boarded the plane with the medkit around his waist and the M1 Grand on his back. Thoughts of the letter started creeping into his memory. He didn't want to give Jenny false hope, but he didn't want to give any to himself either. Everyman at the base had no garuntee of going home, and he knew that. I've got one goal to keep my mind off that though...making sure Scubs gets home to his honey.

Seeing the vacant spot next to Scubs, Jimmy sat down and leaned back. "Ready, Kid?" asked Jimmy, competeing with the roar of the plane. "Did ya get a letter off to your sweetie. Hope you told her you're going home, because I'm making sure you are. You hear me Kid, you're my last hope of not going insane of this mission. I'd suggest you get a goal too, so you don't lose it on the battlefield when bullets start flying over your head."

Tag: Scubs

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    IC: Robert Church, British 50th

Church stepped into the room.

"Anyways, what would your name be?" asked one of the soldiers.

"Robbie Church, I'm your new sniper." said Church, holding out his hand.

TAG: Brits

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: darthvercetti, just walk in to the room and introduce yourself. you cant just appear on the boat 5 minuted before battle, this game is not just battle.

IC: Cpl. Hanley

"Sniper eh? I have been known for a crack shot also, but the brass left me with the lee-enfield."

Just then, another new face walked into the room. (OOC: thats you Jeremy Morton.)

"Ah, another new recruit. What would your name be..." Jake quickly looked for the mans rank. "...Private?"

TAG: Jeremey Morton (you can post now)

5. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    OOC: should we start displaying our rank when we do 'IC:' ? it might help with the "sir" issues and all that

IC: Pvt. Terry Scubensky (Scubs)

"Yep, sent her a letter." Scubs said. He smiled as Jimmy went on about not letting him die.

"Hell, those Krauts don't stand a chance against the 101st. We are gonna lick them good! Especially those bolt buckets they call tanks; I'm gonna put some big holes in those bastards! " Scubs said, chuckling.

The Fear returned however. It didn't matter what he said or the fact that rough ol' Jimmy Mason was going to be there right beside him, the Fear loomed over him constantly, putting doubt where there was hope.

I'm a Scubensky, maybe those Germans don't remember my daddy burnin them outta their trenches in World War 1. Scubs said to himself, but it quickly faded when he remembered his uncle had died and his father's best friend came back missing a leg.

TAG: Jimmy Mason, any other 101st who wanna diss Nazis

6. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    CPL Detjen Haynes

Shortly after midnight
    6th June 1944

Haynes managed to get himself the last spot on the transport, and though he wouldnt be the last to jump, he was sure the LT was reserving that for himself, he would be around to help should any last minute emergencys arise. Sitting across and destined to jump before him was the private who carried his spare BAR Ammo. the kid had done as he said and stuck close to him the whole time they were in the staging area. He had even begun to loosen up a little, right up untill they got on the plane and it began to sink in that they were really going.
    Haynes for the most part hid his nervousness with a still face and busy hands, he was rubbing the last of some grease over the barrel of his bar, to blaken the last of the metal parts and make sure no shine from them would give him away once on the ground.

7. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: we should probably be leaving now, as it will take a while for the ships to cross the channel. We will leave at probably 2 or 3 i guess, for a 6 or 7 am landing, not sure which one it is.

8. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    OOC: I am away for today and tommorow, as i am in france. If the need be, can Sabre_11 control my character whilst i am away. Thankyou.

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I'm almost positive that it's 0600 hours. I've seen Saving Private Ryan a bit too many times (12 times, I think).

10. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    OOC: Yeah Hunter, I'll help diss the Germans when I come back. ;)

11. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Pvt. Jacob Thigpen
    12:10 A.M.
    June 6, 1944
    101st Airborn Drop Airplane

"Yeah man, the ****in' Germans couldn't land a direct hit at point blank range into Hitler's pansy ass!" Jake said, Scubs laughs and replies "Ya' damn right! We're gonna mop the floor with those bastards!"

"****in' Krauts ain't tasted some pure and hearty American lead before, but we're about to serve 'em some on one big damn silver platter!" Jake exclaimed, some of the other men yell "Yeah!" as they agree with Jake. "It's the perfet plan, land a crap load of soldiers behind Nazi lines to beat the Holy High Hell out of 'em, then land another crap load of soldiers on a bunch of beaces squeezing 'em in tight."

"Yeah, I wonder if they see it coming?" Scubs asked.

"I dunno, time'll tell I guess." Jake replied softly.

OOC: I hope controllnig your character dialogue there for a sec is alright, I've been playing RP's like this for years.

12. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Lt. Wyatt Robertson

1:15 A.M.
    June 6, 1944
    Normandy France

Wyatt sat next to the door and looked out over the ocean. He didn't talk, didn't converse with his men. He just lit up a cigarette and looked out over the ocean, thinking about the drop. It would be his squad's first combat jump, but Wyatt knew they were ready. They had trained harder than any other squad in the regiment.

Suddenly, the ocean ended and land began. Wyatt heard shots of anti-aircraft fire bursting in the air around their plane. After a few minutes of flying over the land the red light came on, signaling the squad to get ready to jump.

"Stand up and hook up!" Wyatt yelled as he stood from his seat and hooked his parachute to the cord above their heads. The rest of the squad did the same. "Sound off," Wyatt yelled again.

"Twelve okay!"

"Eleven okay!"

"Ten okay!"

"Nine okay!"

"Eight okay!"

"Seven okay!"

"Six okay!"

"Five okay!"

"Four okay!"

"Three okay!"

"Two okay!"

"One okay!"

Suddenly a flak blast exploded closely to the C-130. The plane started to lean to the side.

"We're going too fast!" one of the pilots said.

"If we don't go deploy them now, there won't be anything to drop!" the other pilot said as he flipped a switch.

The green light flickered on and Wyatt jumped out of the hatch of the plane. As he exited the hatch, a blast of wind hit him as his chute deployed. His leg bag, which had been givin to them before the invasion, flew off. Wyatt started to sink towards the earth. He looked above and around him. Hundreds of planes were deploying paratroopers. It was the most glorious site he had ever seen.

After a few minutes of almost getting his by anti-aircraft fire, Wyatt landed in a tree. He took his combat knife out and cut himself down. He fell about ten feet to the ground. The only gear he had was his helmet and his Colt. He was alone....and scared.

TAG: 101st

13. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Sgt Jimmy Mason (medic)

Jimmy dropped out of the plane, a blast of wind knocked him to the side and Jimmy diployed the chute, every second his eyes on Scubs. Can't lose him. Gotta keep him safe... Jimmy started to drift a different way then Scubs. "DAMMIT!" Jimmy yelled as it went unheard in the explosions of gun fire.

Jimmy hit the ground somewhere. He didn't know where. He had studied maps but they were a lot different then the real thing. Jimmy almost let panic overtake him, but he held back and pulled out the M1 Grand and loaded the first clip in. He landed somewhere in a forest or a grove of trees or something. Somehow, he missed the branches. Jimmy got on his stomach and started crawling along the ground to see if he could find anyone else in his squad.

Tag: 101st

14. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: We still need a GM for the Ranger Faction.

15. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004

Right as Scubs was about to jump the plane was hit. Thrown out of the plane, Scubs paniced and screamed but finally straightened himself out. He noticed that most of his equipment was gone except for his carbine, which he got out and held tightly against his chest.

Terry was thrown to and fro by the violent gusts of wind. He quickly hit the ground and luckily landed in some bushes. He heard the sound of machine gun fire and scrambled to get up.

Scubs heard rifle fire close by and dove to the ground, landing in water. Soaked and afraid he dug his carbine out of the bush and tried to find the rest of his supplies. He only had two clips for his carbine and one grenade. He had lost his bazooka, combat knife, helmet, and his lunch in the drop. The taste of vomit hung in his throat and he forced himself to move.

The Fear came back and he swore he could hear Germans moving nearby, but everything was so damn dark. He found himself wishing the Jimmy and Liuetenant Wyatt were there with him, but he was all alone. Then he found himself wishing he was home in a warm bed or with his sweetheart, but instead he was soaked and cold and the rough bushes were scratching and cutting him as he tried to move as quietly as possible.

What if they're all dead. What if I'm the only one still alive. What if..

Scubs tripped on a branch on the ground and stumbled into the open. A figure was there but he couldn't make out who it was. He raised his weapon, ready to fire.

"FLASH!" he managed to shout.

TAG: 101st (or if not, just a German)

16. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: ok I'll look after your character if need be sith lords. and yeah penguinator i've watched that movie around a dozen times also, and yeah I'm pretty darn sure it was 0600, but were the brit landings the same?

Anyway I say it will take a while to get all the soldiers on a boat and across the channel so I will start loading us up at around 0200 hours, it thats ok with jango10 and pash?

IC: Cpl. Jake Hanley (British 50th)

0120 hours
    6th June, 1944.

Jake and the other 3 soldiers went to go sit at a table nearby and talk until they had to move out. The soldier who had only just walked was named Jeremy Morton, a private. The 4 soldiers sat at the table and discussed past, present and the future while they waited for the call.

OOC: By 'the call' I mean the call to get ready, 0200 hours should be ok.

17. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Pvt. Jacob Thigpen
    1:16 A.M.
    June 6, 1944
    Normandy, France

Jake lept from the Airplane right behind Wyatt as Anti-Aircraft guns lit up the French night skies, his parachute opened at he exited the C-130 as a gust of wind impacted his body with immense force. It was hard to see anything, the only thing lighting his sight up were Flak explosions and the dim, Crescent moon above. He slowed to a controlled rate of fall, he heard a massive explosion. He looked up as a C-130 plummeted out of the sky in a blanket of flames, it began to spin out of control. He closed his eyes just before it slammed into the ground, he almost pissed himself right then and there but he gained control of his mentality again. He had lost sight of Wyatt by this point.

"Holy ****!" He screamed out loud to himself, even though he could barely hear it as the unbearable noise of Airplanes and explosions were the only sound waves entering into his ears. He neared closer and closer to small patch of trees, he pushed forward on his parachute straps which made his parachute send him forward. As he neared closer still he could see a large puddle, he swooped down past the trees and for the first time, Jake was on French soil. German poisoned French soil, but French soil never the less. He landed near a small road, his parachute has draped over an old stone wall. He stood on his feet and unhitched his parachute, he then reached over his shoulder and pulled back over his M1 Garand. Slowly he began to creep trough the trees, in the distance he hears and splash. This surprises Jake, he becomes tense and he holds up his gun and begins looking around sharply for any movement. The only thing he could hear was a cricket chirping...and 50 batteries of Flak-88's firing away.

As he neared closer to that puddle he saw, he hears someone scream "FLASH!!!". Instantly he recognizes the voice and calls out "Scubensky...that you?".

18. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Sgt. Jimmy Mason

Jimmy had crawled on the ground for about 10 minutes before he finally realized, "Oh ****," Jimmy shouted out over machine gun fire. HE instantly looked around for any signs of movement and then he got to a crouh and walked back to his land site. "Dammit," he said under his breath. He did it. Dammit, no! No! This ain't right! Where the hell is my medkit. Dammit! It must'a been blown off my waist. ****!

Jimmy closed his eyes. Panick almost cons med him again, but he remained under control. Jimmy began running through the woods, looking for a way out. He saw a lone figure moving. Instantly he hit the dirt adn his M1 Grand pointed in the direction of the figure. "Freeze!"

Tag: 101st or German

19. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004

Scubs instinctively fired at the figure, but immediately realized what he had done. Luckily for Thigpen he had been shaking like a dog and the bullet missed him.

"Damn, I'm sorry Pigpen. I was waiting for you to say 'thunder' but hey, oh well." Scubensky replied.

"Thank God. I thought I was gonna have to wander around alone. This whole damn place is flooded." Scubs said, moving towards a bush and crouching beside Thigpen.

They heard shouting and running nearby. The shouting wasn't English...

"****, the sound of my carbine gave us away. Find a good hiding spot." Scubensky said and dove behind a row of bushes, sticking his rifle through them towards the open area.

TAG: Thigpen (101st)

20. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Pvt. Jacob Thigpen
    1:19 A.M.
    June 6, 1944
    Normandy, France

Jake heard the shouting, he looked around quickly for a good hiding spot. He looked up and ran at a tree, he was able to climb to it's branches and he perched himself on them. Waiting for what had to be Germans, Scubs went and hid in the bushes, looking into the direction the voices were coming from. Jake leaned against the tree as he too was looking in that direction, the sound had an echo to it so it was hard to place exactly.

And then he and Scubs saw them, Germans were creeping through the bushes not 15 feet in front of them. They stepped through a small sticker bush and into the direct sight of Jake and Scubensky, but they knew that if they fired their guns that would only alert more Germans to the area. They let the Krauts look around, one even looked right at Jake as he hid in the tree. But he didn't see Jake, it was too damn dark to see just about anything, then they began to speak again. They were speaking German and they were carrying guns, so Jake put 2 and 2 together. One walks off but the other just stands around, watching over the area.

Little does the German know, Scubs was creeping out of the bushes, knife in hand. Jake could see Scubs sneaking up behind the German, the German stretched out his arms and at that moment Scibs reacted like a Viper. He rapped his left arm around the German's neck and sliced his throat open with the other. Blood poured out of the Kraut's neck, he lay on the ground gurgling up more blood. Scubs waved his hand and whispered "Come on!".

Jake slid down out of the tree, he ran up to Scubs and whispered "We really need to get out of these trees, there's a small road near where I landed. We can walk in the bushes beside it and see where it takes us."

OOC: Did you like that stealth kill? [face_mischief]

21. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004

Scubs watched the body fall and looked down at the gurgling German, not knowing how he had just done that. His first kill had been with a knife and Scubs realized something, maybe he was a true soldier like his father and the rest of his family.

Scubs wiped his knife off on the Germans uniform and pulled the corpse into the bushes. He watched as Jake approached and wondered how he had just killed that German. He hadn't even meant to do it, it had just happened, like it was instinct. His hand began to shake and he felt as if he wasn't himself, but he remembered that he was in war and it was his will to survive which had pushed him to kill the man.

Terry glanced up at the sky, it was like the 4th of July. The massive invasion was really breathtaking but he suddenly remembered that he had to regroup with his unit.

Scubs saw the road, and nodded to Jake.

"You are right, we should get moving." Terry said and began to move.

TAG: Jacob Thigpen (101st)

OOC: Yeah that was cool. The first kill of this RPG was done by me, I'm so proud! I didn't know Scubs had it in him. *sniff*

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC as Pvt Church

Church glanced at his watch.

"It can't be long now..."

TAG: Brits

23. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    CPL Detjen Haynes

1:15am 6th June 1944

Though he couldnt hear a word from the front of the plane the red light and the Lt standing told him evertying. he also stood with the rest of the soldiers, hooking to the line and initiating the checks. Bursts of Anti-Air rattled the plane and shortly after the light turned green, and the jump began.
    Anti-Air continued to rattle the plain as he staggered his way to the door. finally the private in front of him entered the door, and with a minor hesitation he jumped.
    Detjen didnt give himself a chance to hesitate, he charged for the door and was out soon after. his next coherant memory was under a fully deployed shute, with the back of his head throbbing from some unkonnw impact. A quick check however showed he was ok, and he prepared himself for the landing, which took him through several branches of a tree before hitting the ground, with a hard thud.
    He had no time to comtemplate the landing however as he qucikly struggled out of his harness and ditched the life jacket. A quick check showed he still had his bar and three magazines for it, unfortuantly the leg packs that carried the rest of his ammo had dissapeared. uttering a curse under his breath he also realied he was seperated from the others, even the private. he picked up the BAR and with a random pick of direction dissapeared into the brush.

24. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    IC: Cpl. Jake Hanley

"Can't be long now." Said Robert Church as the men sat and awaited the call to move out. It was fairly quite now but Jake noticed the officers were hectically scurrying about, getting ready.

Just then a young private came in, freckles coevring his otherwise pale face.

"Hey guys, news is in on the Yanks in the airborne. They have just started their drops now."

Jake quickly spoke up. "Well, I guess that means we can't be too far from getting ready ourselves, it's an 0600 start is it not?"

The young private hesitated before answering. It was clearly obvious that the kid was scared ****less about the upcoming operation. "Ahh, yes, yes it is."

The private turned and ran off outside and Jake truned to look at his new friends. "Well, I guess we may as well get ourselves ready, its gonna be a rough morning."

TAG: brits

OOC: hey jango ya think its too late to make a 101st character? I wanna do that.

25. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: Yes it is too late to make a 101st character. Sorry. My post will probably come up later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.