main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    IC as Church

"Well, I guess we may as well get ourselves ready, its gonna be a rough morning." said the corporal, Hanley.

"Yeah..." said Church, and his hand began to shake gently.

He stood up, and began rubbing his hands.

"So... We're just supposed to run up the beach as fast as we can, dodging everything the bloddy Krauts throw at us, then capture France?" he asked.

TAG: BRITS

2. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    IC:Cpl. Hanley

"Well, I dont know if it will be that simple, but yeah, that would be the plan, yes. Well atleast I guess so, maybe not." Jake could see a faint shake start up on Church. He, like everyone else around the base, was a little worried, if not scared, about the day that would follow.

"Hey, Church, dont worry, I'm sure we'll be fine, our paratroopers will take the grunt of the krauts." Jake knew deep down that this was not true.

TAG: Brits

OOC: Well jango10, thats not good. I mean think about the fact that most squads were split up, and were dropped all over the place. Would it not be good to have a paratrooper in your sqaud that was from another squad, or platoon even?

it is your decision though jango.

3. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    IC: PVT. Jeremy Morton
    "I cant wait to kill me some krauts" Said Jeremy,
    "The feeling of another mans life in my hands alone," Jeremy said dreamily

4. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    IC: Cpl. Hanley

Jake then looked over to Jeremy. "Yeah, don't get too carried away, do you even know how to handle a gun?"

TAG: Jeremy

5. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    IC: Sgt. Matt Baker

Jake then looked over to Jeremy. "Yeah, don't get too carried away, do you even know how to handle a gun?"

"He's a private. I doubt it. In training its easy to kill. You attack a hay dummy, or something similar. Killing in the real world is completely different. When you go to kill, you can see the mans face, the fear in his eyes, the sweat dripping down his chin. Does he have a family? Children? You can tell this all from the moment you look at him. The situation is completely different to training. Ask any experienced soldier."

TAG: All involved

OOC: Back!

6. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: good to have you back sith lords. anyways we will be gearing up and heading for the boats any time soon, maybe 0200 hours game time, currently about 0130 hours.

7. Space_Chicken

Space_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Name: Jennifer Collard
    Faction: Allies
    Class: Spy/ resistance worker
    Favorite Weapon: semi-automatic pistol
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 9 stone
    Hair: long brown hair, straight
    Eyes: brown
    Any other features:
    Picture: n/a
    Bio: Jennifer was raised in Caen by her mother, who was British and father who was French. She excelled at languages, being fluent in both English and French meant she studied Spanish while everybody else studied English. She also learned German on the side. By the age of 8 she knew 4 languages and at ten she had also learned Russian.

When she was 13 her parents got jobs in Germany and they moved there together. Her parents were strong opposers of Hilter and his regime and started to hide many persecuted Jews in their attic. When the war broke out the Collards tried to return to France but on the day of their departure the Nazis found out about family's secret aid to the Jews. The SS arrived at the front door and Jennifers mother forced her to leave with her father.

Jennifer and her father made it into france but did not hear from her mother. Jennifer and her father now help the French Resistance and Jennifer often has to impersinate a German which she is able to accomplish very well with her knowlege of languages and her experiance living in Germany for 3 years.

ooc; where should i start?

8. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    OOC: Is that GM Approved?

Also, I'll be back active tomorrow.

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC: Pvt. Church

Morton's words were chilling.

"A man's life in your own hands..."

The more senior soldiers were telling him off, but Church was still uncomfortable.

"How can you look forward to killing? You sick b*****, this isn't a game!" he barked, fists clenching.

10. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    IC as Sgt. Jimmy Mason

Jimmy heard a German word come from the man's mouth, and he pulled the trigger three times on the M1 Grand. The first bullet missed, but the next two hit. The second slammed into the Kraut's chest. The third hit his shoulder. Jimmy almost felt like going to see if he was okay, but the grim realities of war flooded into memory.

Letting himself get past the first kill of the invasion, Jimmy quickly scanned the area, not seeing another one. He quickly got up and jogged the opposite direction, hoping to find someone on his side.

After jogging the same direction for about a minute, Jimmy heard something coming in front of him. He hit the dirt and pointed his M1 straight ahead. A gun poked out from the bush, but it wasn't German. He recognized it instantly. It was a BAR. "Flash!" Jimmy yelled, hoping he was correct.

Tag: Detjen

11. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005

Jake noticed Church began to get frustrated and angry as he replied to Jeremy's statement, and then began to clench his fists. Jake stood up and put his hands on Church's shoulders, and tried to settle him.

"Calm down Robby, no sense beating him up, just hold that anger for the germans tomorrow."

Church then sat down and Jake did the same. "So, what did everyone do before this eh?"

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC as Rob Church

Church sat down, and let his breath out, calmimg down.

"I'm sorry, mate. I didn't mean to get pissed off like that..."

Hanley was asking what everyone did before this, but no one seemed to want to talk.

And at this moment in time, Church wasn't very inclined to speak of his comfortable life back home, in the countryside.

13. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    IC: Pvt. Jeremy Morton
    "I was adopted when i was five and did slave work in a lumber mill till thirty." said Jeremy
    "That's how i got my scar; i was nine and i was running up a stair case and tripped." Jeremy explained
    "Twenty-five stitches. anyway then i found my alligience at thirty-one. So how about you Jake?," continued Jermy
    "What did you do before you signed up?"

Jeremy Loooked at Jake and waited for a reply.

TAG: Cpl. Hanley

14. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005

"Well Jeremy, thats a nasty scar you got there anyway. Well, I hail from Limerick in Ireland. Heard about the London bombing raids and wanted to help out."

It was obvious to Jake that no-one noticed his Irish accent.

"So what about you Church, got a lass back home?"

TAG: Church, Brits

15. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005

"Yeah Church. Where do you come from? Whats it like?" Jeremy asked

"Do you have a family? Tell us some more about yourself" He continued

Jeremy looked up and saw a blank look on Church's face...

"What's wrong?" he asked

TAG: Church, Brits

16. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Game time!

The look on Church's face told you straight away he didn't want to answer. He wouldn't have had much chance anyway, as almost straight after Jeremy finished asking his questions the young private from earlier rushed in and ran for his bunk.

He was followed by a few officers, mainly Colonels and what not. Jake and the others stood to attention and saluted the officers.

One of the officers spoke. "At ease gentlemen, have a seat." Jake and the others sat down. The officer now addressed everyone present in the room. "Good morning soldiers! It is now time to begin. Get your kits and equipment in order and head outside, and then find your Platoon leader. From there we will make our way onto the ships and set sail for Normany. Move out!"

The room then came to life with soldiers moving around all over the place, trying to get their kits in order. Jake headed back to his bunk and sat down. He then pulled up his kit and placed it on his lap.

OOC: Move it guys, lets get ready to board!

17. Space_Chicken

Space_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    ooc: sorry, yeah its approved. Should i start now or wait till you guys land?

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC as Church

The questions were coming at Church fast, so he tried feigning surprise. It didn't work.

Luckily, or unluckily, an officer walked in and told them it was time to gear up.

Church walked over to his bunk, and got his kit together.

Not long now, he thought.

19. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    IC: Sgt Matt Baker

Deadeye cleared his throat and stood up

"Alright guys listen up. We're all going on seperate ships, so we will need to rendeuzveus on the beach. Intel shows that the krauts think we'll be invading from Calais, and thats where the majority of thei forces are, but the Normandy beachs are still heavily defended. As soon as you get off the beach, run to the neares cover. All going to plan, we can meet up here."

He pointed at the intel picture infront of him, at the bottom of a tall stone building.

"This is one of many machine gun bunkers. They have a blind spot right below them, so that is where we will be meeting. You have your orders, any questions?"

TAG: All involved

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC as Church

"Okay.." said Church. He found himself calming down a bit.

He was going to be okay.

TAG; Brits

21. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Ahhh, Sith Lords, being in the same squad it would be natural that we board and land in the same ships. We are in the same squad, so same boat ok.

Also remember we will first be boarding a large ship, and get in the smaller landing craft later on ok.

22. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    Jeremy ran to his bed, his heart pumping, his mind was going a million miles an hour.

After his talk with church he realised that he was actually looking forward to ending the life

of not only a fellow man but who knows what else; A father, a husband, a son....

there was so many thoughts racing through his mind, 'should i be thinking like that? will the krauts be thinking like that? am i doing the right thing? should i really be hear?'

Jeremy just didn't know what to think.

"HEY" rang the voice of Cpl. Hanley through Jeremy's thoughts.

"huh?" said Jeremy, waking up from his thoughts.

"Snap out of it. If there is one thing i've learnt in my experience, it's not to let your emotions get the better of you."

Jeremy thuoght about this for awhile, "Your right" he said

" Of course i'm right... i'm a corporal" Jake replied

Jeremy finished of getting his kit together still thinking of what horrors he might see at war.

'Corporal Hanley was right he told himself if i let my emotions get the better of me i'll end up doing something stupid'

even though he knew in his head that this was right, somehow in his heart he thought otherwise; still thinking of how wrong

it would feel to kill another living soul.

'OK Jeremy you can do this just pull yourself together' he thought as he left

23. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    I know, i was just trying to make it more interesting from a RPing point, it doesn't have to be perfectly historically acurate.

24. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    CPL Detjen Haynes

Haynes was moving through some brush when he heard a few shots ring out, unnervingly close to his location. He instantly hit the ground and began crawling forward, untill he was close enough to use the bareel to clear a small opening to see out.

"Flash" was shouted out and startled him, he subressed a surpised yell and the urge to fire. "Thunder" he shouted back standing up and pushing out throubh the bushes. "Sergent Mason, is that you?" he asked finally recongizing the person behind the voice. he trotted over to Mason while picking som eleaves off the BAR and making sure nothing would jam it. "Where are we sir? and have you seen Private Harris, hes carrying my extra ammo, and I lost most of what I had in the jump"

25. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Sgt. Jimmy Mason (medic)

"Haven't seen Harris, but I lost somethin' much worse. My medbag. So if you see one, grab it. All I got is one of them small first aid kits on my waist. Sorry Haynes, but it's good too know your here. I didn't want to be alone with all those Germans out there. One of them bastards almost got the better of me back there. Thank the good Lord I saw him first."

Jimmy's mind came back to the present. "All I know is we're somewhere where ever the hell it is we dropped. I bet if we get to the road, we'll meet up with some of our boys. Hopefully. Only Lieutenant has a map. I suggest we find a road." Jimmy looked around. "Firstly, cut the sir crap. Secondly, did you happen to see a road on your way in?"

Tag: Detjen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.