main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Operation: Yellow Ribbon

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ondiv, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hi all! I'm a member of the Utah Coalition of the Willing, a group that supports our service men overseas and I would like to invite anyone willing to join us in our SLC rally. There will be a flag ceremony and a fly over by the Utah Air Force!

When: Saturday, April 12th, 2003 @ Noon
    Where: Utah State Capitol

Please come and help to Support Our Troops and make history! Wear Yellow and become part of a 10-ft wide, 1 mile long Yellow Ribbon around the Utah State Capitol and help us to say "We are here for you" We will be taking an aerial photo with our powerful and colorful message to our men and women overseas!

The agenda will go as follows:
    12:00 P.M. - 2:00 p.m. - This program will begin with a flag-raising ceremony done by a Military Color Guard. We will gather the crowd in a circle around the Capitol Building to form the Human Yellow Ribbon (so participants need to be dressed in bright yellow). During this time there will be bands, Native American drum circles, etc. around the perimeter of the circle.
    2:00 P.M. - There will be a fly over by the Air Force during this time. Also, the press will be filming and photographing our Yellow Ribbon from the air. A 20? X 30? American Flag will be unfurled in front of the Capitol for the aerial shot.
    2:00 - 4:00 P.M. - Program which will include "big-name" participants from local celebrities, elected officials, Utah National Guard, music group(s), etc.

Please PM if you have any questions ?[face_plain]

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings ondiv,

Sounds like a great activity. I DEFINITELY support our troops and pray for their safety.

Best of luck with the rally.

Regards,

3. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I wish I could be there. No car here and I'm gearing up for finals too.

4. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    did anyone go? If anyone went, how was it?

5. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    It was totally awesome! About 2-2500 people came out for it. Channels 2 ,4 ,5, and 13 were there as were the SLC Hogs and Baca (harley groups).

Thanks to you all that made it out!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.