main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opinion question on "Dark Journey" --SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ben_Max, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Okay, what do you all think....Is Jacen dead?

Aside from REALLY not wanting it to be true, I personally don't think he did. For one thing, I'd like to think that they wouldn't kill off a major character and not even let us know what happened. Why would they kill off the oldest son of Han and Leia like he was just a bug on a wall?

What do you all think? Think he's dead? And if not, why did they feel his presence flicker away?

2. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I don't think he's dead.

I think what the Jedi felt was akin to extream pain and anguish. I don't believe he could die without Jaina feeling anything, just not going to happen.

~Miss Jaina

3. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Jacen is not dead. The writers would not do that to two solo children. I believe he will return and possibly be the one who discovers the new understanding of the force.

4. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    nope

i think one of the upcoming books focuses on him (like DJ with jaina) but not as much as DJ did with jaina

5. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Wrong Sith...Traitor is supposed to SPECIFICALLY focus on Jacen and his imprisonment amongst the Vong.

6. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    He's dead. They burned his frikin body. He is gone. You should accept it.

7. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Lance we're talking about JACEN, not anakin.

8. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
  9. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    er.... uhm..... ah...... YA! HIM TOO! ;)

[finding the only way to avoid this one... I run like hell!]

10. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Well I have to say that he isn't dead, all they felt was the anguish of Jacen having to wake up to a Yazzan Vong face (now thats painfull)

11. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    No. He's not dead. Unfortunately, as they are obviously leading up to Jacen "being dead, but not really being dead, and coming back", then it's doubtful Anakin will come back in the same way. :( So, if there's any possibility of Anakin's return, the writers are going to have to get really creative.

12. Corran_Flyboy

Corran_Flyboy Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Nope Jacen isn't dead. But all that pain and saying goodby? It wouldn't be the first time they tried to shape a jedi. What do ya think?

13. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    OOoh Vong brain washing, now where have I heard of that before?

Anyway, I'm soo looking forward to Traitor now.

14. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    I've got a thought on this. It's probably not what happened, but I'm in the process now of writing a story based on it and I have a couple of chapters done.

maybe Jacen projected a feeling of himself dying to all the Jedi and especially to Jaina because he knew that she would run out and try to save him. So in order to make sure that she didn't get herself killed trying to come after him, he made them think that he was already dead. Maybe he figured that his parents already lost one son. They didn't need to lose their other two kids. It just didn't work on his mother.

Like I said, this probably isn't was Del Rey books had in mind, but I thought that it had story potential. When I get more done, I'll post it for some opinions on how it's going.

15. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I don't know if that theory is what Del Rey had in mind either, Ben_Max, but that's what I made of it too. I'm interested to see your story when you finish more of it. :)

16. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    I don't think he's dead, especially with Traitor coming up. Although that does cheapen the drama involved with the Jacen "dying" in DJ. Even with DJ and Traitor taking place during the same period of time, it is almost impossible to believe they would tell about such a key event before showing it to us "live".

17. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    BenMax, that's an interesting idea. Perhaps Jacen projected his death on the Jedi so that they would believe that he was dead so he could go "undercover" with Vergere and learn more about what makes the Vong tick and eventually use it against them or perhaps start an uprising among the shamed ones.

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    No, he is not dead. I guess we were supposed to think he was, but I really didn't believe it for a minute. They would never kill off someone as important as Jacen in a paperback book. And he still has that little favor to carry out for Anakin..... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.