main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Opinions on Galaxies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Dudes,You have to get this game! It is the best crack since your binky! You will never stop...it will haunt your days/nights...I picked it up today and I just stopped for a break and to tell you guys that it is everything SW! Can't wait for the Space addition. OH, my!!! Forget hyperspace, man. I'll play galaxies and live it up!! 2 Thumbs up for Galaxies.

2. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Anybody else playing? I'm in the Intrepid Galaxy as a human. Profession-Marksman skill up to a smuggler to haul spice when the vehicle addition comes out. Oh Yea! Come on people. "Join us or Die"! "Together we can rule the Galaxy..." -e

3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I want to get it soon, just haven't made it out to Fred Meyer to get it...

Looks sweet.

Best-selling MMORPG ever in the first week.

4. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Don't buy it from fredy's, get from Circuit City ad today $39.99. Or go to Best Buy and show them the Circuit City Ad. Galaxies is the best ever plus it will improve in time. EQ probably had all the same growth problems but not the fan base that SW has. Get it soon. I'm in the intrepid galaxy, Corellia.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, I don't mind how much I pay for it, I just like going to places I know. I forget where a Circuit City is but I never go there. Best Buy always has the best prices, but again, no idea how to get there. I could get Darren to pick it up for me.

6. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Is anyone else playing Galaxies yet? Check out the galaxies' websites and see if your computer can handel it and get onboard. I'm halfway thru the skills to be a smuggler and I'm having a ton of fun playing. My brother Paul (FenixRu) is playing also as a scout(Bothan). We have been on several raids, hunting parties, and gaining huge xp. It is so fun blasting stuff. Come join the party. I'm Ceric Halcyon(Human) Intrepid galaxy.

7. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Lemme just blow a bit of dust off this thread <cough><cough><cough>

Whew lets see....AH thats better.

Things have drastically changed since this thread was opened. Forst off the Game is only $40 now, some places might have it for $35. The Hardware requirements are pretty easy to obtain, and about $200 of hardware upgrades could easily upgrade somebody if need be. Don't be put off about spending $200 to get a game running remember YOUR ENTIRE PC will run faster, so you cannot complain about getting your por....errr...Star Wars information faster.

I now working HARD on mastering the dangerous, yet profitable art of being a Bounty Hunter. Eric and I are planning on gathering up a group of like minded DECLARED rebels, and RAIDING Theed on Naboo. Imperial aligned players are taking a fancy to hopping from planet to planet and destroying any Rebel player they can. Us "covert" players can only sit and watch as the Imperials strom the city with AT-STs, Stormtroopers, Dark Troopers and the Occasional Spacetrooper. These guys just lay waste to everything, and I am tried of it. Whats funny is the Rebel players have numbers on the Imperial players right now, SO it should be easy to decimate them.

Eric has FIANLLY become a smuggler, I cannot wait for him to get up there so he can start tweaking my equipment for free, rather than 4000 credits a pop.

So has ANYBODY else discovered this GREAT game yet?

8. Ash_Skywatcher

Ash_Skywatcher Jedi Master

Mar 5, 2003
    I...Need...Galaxies.......!!!!!!!
    it sucks being on a dialup
    and i'm going to oz, so i can't get it in time

*sigh*

oh well, maybe i'll get to visit the episode 3 set

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I still haven't gotten this but now that I'm going down to college with cable Internet it is something I should get. I usually buy *every* LucasArts or SW game, etc.

In any case, can someone tell me basically what my computer would need? I think that it should be fully equipped.

I have 1 gig of RAM on this machine, a 2.5 ghz Pent. 4 processor, it came with a good video card I'm pretty sure, it is just one year old now...

10. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Your processor speed and RAM are enough, BUT....find out what kind of video card you have. Odds are if you purchased a boxed unit, it may be lacking. Don't forget if don't have an AGP slot that 2.53, 1gig machine is just a great office PC, not so much of a gaming PC....don't be too surprised video cards and Motherboards are the first thing OEMs cut corners on to make money.

11. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Everyones getting into that lately! They have a whole thread deticated to stories of them going through the game in other boards!

12. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    THE GAME OF THE YEAR! Imo!!! The Dev's just added features that make the game way more FUN, vechicles! Players can purchase Swoops, Speeder Bikes, and Land speeders. Some animals can be made into mounts, like a Dewback! Way cool. Player made citys have also popped up, where players run the city, form it into a community, and make the game's economy really player friendly.

Next up, more added features, and in the spring -Space Expansion! Star ships galore! I can't wait...X-wings, Ties, YT-1300's, etc...

13. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I should have it by this time next week, I can't wait to start playing!

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Great! Join the fun! It is totally the Best SW Experience ever! It is up to you to make it the game you want it to be. No scripted storyline to follow! You get to decide everything your character does. Fenix Ru and I have characters on the Interpid Server.

15. Darth_Dave_PDX

Darth_Dave_PDX Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    I could never play that game... I'm not much for RPG's to begin with... But if I were to like it, I wouldn't play it enough to justify the monthly subscription fees... Besides, I work full-time and go to school in the evenings and weekends... Oh well...

16. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Lucasarts is Bill Gates b17ch. I hope it comes out on Xbox. Wait, Xbox is a microsoft product. Bill owns microsoft. WTH?!?!?!? How come it's not on Xbox!!!!!!

I demand satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!

-KNick

17. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I have played this game over at a couple of friends houses. I enjoy it. But like any videogame, I pretty much suck at it. I don't own a PC currently so I can't go out and buy it anytime soon. Nor do I have the broadband connection that I would like to have for optimum play. Someday I will though. It just a matter of me landing a good paying job, paying off some bills, moving out on my own..... again, and getting the new computer needed for this and other games I want to play. I'll be there mates..... someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.