main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Or should I say... Darth Sidious."

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Feb 6, 2015.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    The thread about the Darth Sidious reveal got me thinking about this. Its obvious to Yoda after order 66 that Palpatine is Sidious. But how did Yoda know of Palpatine's sith title? (Sidious) Is there some EU source that I'm missing?

Edited for Spelling

2. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011

Dooku tells Obi-Wan Palpatine's Sith name in AOTC.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I cannot believe I missed that...

4. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    You also somehow missed the fact that it is spelled S-i-d-i-o-u-s.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh... that's embarrassing.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013

Well at least you didn't lose a planet like Obi-Wan!

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That and there's this...

OBI-WAN: "Do you believe what Count Dooku said about Sidious controlling the Senate? It doesn't feel right."

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Nah That was Jocasta Nu... I bet her and Dooku were in on it. (Head canon.) :p

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Title Edited

10. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Dooku erased it from the Jedi archives. Don't blame my Obi-Wan :)

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    plus there was a novel that took place right before ROTS where Yoda and Obi-Wan talk about everything they have learned about the Sith up to that time.

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I was about to answer, but as always, I've been beaten to the post already.

This got me thinking, does Anakin ever say something about Sidious? The only thing I can remember is "he's the sith lord we've been looking for."

13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    he just calls him Master and "you're the Sith Lord !" when he reveals himself.

the novel was Labyrinth of Evil , by the way. pretty good. they capture the walking chair from TPM in the novel and in it is a message from Nute Gunray to Sidious .

14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Going by canon sources alone, it's also likely that Gunray and co were interrogated after the battle of Naboo. I think they told them what they knew, which wasn't very much at all. That would explain how the Council members know Darth Maul's name in TCW.

15. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    the novel was Labyrinth of Evil , by the way. pretty good. they capture the walking chair from TPM in the novel and in it is a message from Nute Gunray to Sidious .[/quote]

I liked how Labyrinth of Evil led basically right up to RoTS. It tells us how Palpatine was abducted by the Seperatists, also how Palpatine was also on the Jedi radar for suspicion because they traced Sidious' living quarters back to 500 Republica, where they wealthiest of politicians live, and if it wasn't for the Mechno chair, maybe they don't find Sidious.

16. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I liked how Labyrinth of Evil led basically right up to RoTS. It tells us how Palpatine was abducted by the Seperatists, also how Palpatine was also on the Jedi radar for suspicion because they traced Sidious' living quarters back to 500 Republica, where they wealthiest of politicians live, and if it wasn't for the Mechno chair, maybe they don't find Sidious.​

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I still blame Obi-Wan for not figuring out that 'missing from the records'='someone or something erased it!' Remember, he had to go to a room full of CHILDREN for guidance. ;) :D :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005

it was good. The 2003 Clone Wars led up to ROTS in a different conflicting way though with where Anakin and Obi-Wan were.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah the trade fed knew him as Sidious. Then Dooku even tells Obi Wan that the trade fed were in league with Sidious. So I am sure that they tried to rat out Sidious to the republic courts.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    rickyjr7306 Please review the thread on double posts.

21. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Can I get a link? And why can't I delete the original post? I don't see a delete option so I just left it.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The holograms that showed Anakin killing younglings also showed some things with Sidious. That's probably how Yoda knew.

23. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    darklordoftech Even if he didn't see it he still could've put one and two together. He knew Mace, Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin were going to arrest Palpatine, but none of them return and Palpatine is giving a sermon in the Senate about the Jedi trying to overthrow the Republic.

I never understood how stupid members of the senate are. How exactly does a supreme chancellor explain how he survived the attacks of 4 Jedi Masters and Master Yoda in a day's span. I would've called BS if he told me that.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm referring to his title. ( Sidious, vader, maul etc.) Its obvious Yoda knows he's a Sith, just not his name.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Doubt it. The Jedi didn't know about Sidious until Dooku told Obi-Wan and Gunray knew that Sidious had influence in the senate. If the Jedi didn't know about that, it's because Gunray never said anything. Besides, he continued to be Viceroy even after an handful of trials in court.

Andy Wylde likes this.