main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Or should I say... Darth Sidious."

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    this is kind of a funny thread

2. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    One of my favorite Yoda lines. Count Dooku and Obi-Wan talk had helped to fill in the blanks the Jedi had about the Sith. He didn't know about Palpatine true identity till he watched the tapes.

3. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

"Distract them. I will contact Lord Sidious" - Nute Gunray, The Phantom Menace

"Hundreds of Senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious. The Viceroy of the Trade Federation was once in league with this Darth Sidious. But he was betrayed, 10 years ago, by the Dark Lord. He came to me for help. He told me everything." - Count Dooku, Attack of the Clones

... so clearly Gunray has no problem telling others that Sidious is the name of the Dark Lord of the Sith.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    But they knew about Maul from the Federation. So are you saying Gunray outed Maul but not Sidious?

5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    What makes you think Dooku was telling the truth there? In ROTS we find out that Gunray and the TF knew they were still serving Sidious. Dooku just uses that line to paint himself as a hero in front of Obi-Wan.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    If I were Yoda I would've called him Chancellor Hemroid or Darth Hideous. I mean, yeesh, he made size puns so why not?

7. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Ya know - It would have made a lot of sense for Obi-Wan to at least try to verify Dooku's claims. If he would have he may have prevented a lot of suffering. We just watched AOTC last night and this topic came up. If Kenobi and Dooku would have teamed up.... imagine the outcome and how different it would have been?

I understand that Dooku might have been lying but something so important would have been worth checking into, IMO.

8. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    One of the tactics of the Sith, if I remember correctly, is to lie with the truth. Like, A Sith Lord will tell you the truth, but because it is coming from them, the truth will be considered a lie. Dooku was telling the truth about Sidious having control of the Senate, I can see no reason to believe he was lying about Gunray,since he knew his truth's would be dismissed as lies. And they are pretty much by Kenobi, Mace, and Yoda at the end of the movie:

Obi-Wan : "Do you believe what Count Dooku Said about Sidious controlling the Senate? It doesn't feel right."

Yoda : "Joined the Dark Side, Dooku has. Lies. Deceit. Creating mistrust are his ways now."

...and while they agree to keep a closer eye on the Senate, they don't initially believe what Dooku said, which WAS the truth.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Or, they did feel betrayed by Palpatine. Then after Dooku reveals that he is serving Darth Sidious and it is because of them that Nute Gunray was never convicted for his crimes, Nute decided that he would serve Sidious again, provided that he arrange the death of Senator Amidala as compensation. A lot can change in ten years.

Darth Mikey likes this.
  10. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    Not to be a jerk, but the title of this thread is still wrong.

The correct line is "Or should I call you... Darth Sidious"

11. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    That is totally possible. The point is there is no reason to believe Dooku, he is clearly shown to mix truth and lies to conceal his plans.

12. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Dooku wanted Obi-Wan to join him so he could turn him to the dark side. I don't think anything positive could have come of that.

13. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Maybe - but it reminded of when Darth mentioned to Luke that they could overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son. *Probably* bad intentions but ya do wonder... ;)