Orange County Saber Academy

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Zhi-don, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's directly related to the Academy, not the club, but I am done posting until I get word from Mike or until someone else can help me find a printer.
  2. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Are we having practice Sunday? I haven't seen anything saying we weren't. [face_thinking]

Guess I'll have to call Don tomorrow, if he doesn't see this and post something.

I made my new practice blade, similar to the last one, a dowel with shiny stuff on it inside a polycarbonate tube, but this time I used the 1/8" tube.
    :)
  4. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    REMEBER WEAR YER COSTUMES TONIGHT!
  5. LizardJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not 100% sure I'm coming tonight.
    I need to fix my Jedi pants if I were to wear them (holes + crotch = not cool), and I have homework and other stuff like that do to.

So yeah.
  6. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    It seems to me that holes in the crotch would be very cool....perhaps too much so.........[face_laugh]
  7. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm glad I was able to drop by class tonight, even if I couldn't stay. Renee had lost her cell phone and some good samaritan found it. Lu wanted to "go for a ride?" so we decided to stop by after we picked up her 'lost' phone. It was great to see everyone and Lu enjoyed it more than I did. Renee of course enjoyed seeing 'The Marley' again.

Thanks everyone for all the support and patience you have given me in the past couple of months. Lu goes back into surgery on Friday. Hopefully this will be the last time.

Sunday's class may or may not be cancelled depending on what happens. I will post again when I know more.

Spoke with Mike [Inland Empire] and he emailed me the contact info for his tshirt guy. I will call him later and get prices.

Pax Vobiscum
  9. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    As per Don's request, I am posting that there will be no saber class today, Sunday Oct. 1st.

I just spoke with him on the phone and he asked me to post about it.
  10. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    To all Wednesday night Orange County Saber Academy Students and Instructors:

I will be providing pizza [yes, you heard correctly] for the entire class next Wednesday the 11th of October. So don't plan on eating if you are coming to class.

This is my way of saying thank you for all your thoughts and prayers while my wife has been in the hospital. Also for understanding my reason for not being in class either as often or for as long as I wanted to be.

I would also like to thank all of you for the carbon fiber practice blade you gifted me with last night. I really wanted one, but as you know with both my wife and Renee out of work, I really couldn't justify the expense. What you did was much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pax Vobiscum
  11. DarthCarcinus Jedi Master

star 1
    I like it! When do we get to order them?
  12. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I assume that you mean the t-shirts and not the pizza....:confused:
  13. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    When do you need money don?
  14. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I spoke with Marco, the guy that makes the shirts, and he told me that he is limited to 6 colors total. He is going to redesign our logo a bit and then give me a file showing the changes. Then he will tell us the cost and I will post it here.
  15. tiepilottillard1701 Force Ghost

star 1
  16. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    If there is, I won't be there, I'm going to Disneyland with a friend.
  17. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    There will be no class this Sunday. I will be with Lu at the hospital. Hopefully she will be released this week and class will resume next week if she is.
  18. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    The meeting/party at Rion's house is next Sunday. But we can still bring out the shinais and lightsaber there. ;)
  19. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    :oops:

Yep, you are right Lori. We can get a little practice in then, I won't be able to stay as long as I would like to what with Lu still in the hospital, but I will be there.
  20. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    yea ive got a park out by me also we can also use my driveway my mom and sister wont be there
  21. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Honorable instructors and Chancellor Rion.
    The City of Orange has requested that the saber academy perform at their treats in the street. For the past two years OCSA has performed an exciting saber show that has thrilled young loving star wars fans. This year may be the best year ever. I request your support for the next two weeks of class to construct a saber show that will live up to our reputation.
    I Thank you for your time
    Rob
  22. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    its a thursday right? if people are able to go then i have no objections Smudge Don Phil its yer Class if you want to work something out go for it! i wont be able to make this event myself i will be in LA that day

so if Smudge Don and Phil have no objections to it then i say its a go but its up to them its their class
  23. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I for one have no objections, though i doubt I will be able to be there myself.
  24. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have no objections either, although like Smudge, I don't know if I will be able to be there for reasons that all are aware of.
  25. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, just an update for all of you. Doc informed me NO SURGERY for my re-injured knee. YEA!!![face_dancing] Which also means that after some intensive PT, I get to resume saberfighting. Watch Out, OC!!! Kenobi and Siri will be back down sometime soon!!!!

(And on a serious note, Don take care of Lu. Our prayers and thoughts are with you)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.