main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ORANGE COUNTY SABER ALLIANCE [LIGHTSABER TRAINING CLASS]

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zhi-don, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Greetings:

Welcome to the Orange County Saber Alliance.
    My name is Master Zhi-don Aquintas [Don] and I have the honor of being Co-Founder and Senior Instructor of this esteemed school of learning.

Our other Co-founder is Master Smudge [Erik] - now living in Washington State.

The other Senior Instructor is Master Ravicus [Phil].

We are dedicated to training students in the fine art of the Lightsaber. We offer training to all users of the Force without prejudice. Lightside, Darkside and Shadow[grey] alignments are all welcome here as long as they follow the Academy rules and regulations.

This class meets Wednesdays from 630pm until 900pm at Twila Reid Park. This park is located on Orange avenue between Beach Blvd and Western in Stanton.

The second class meets on Sundays at Willow Park in Anaheim from 2pm until 5pm. This park is located at the corner of Crone and Loara streets. We meet on the Crone side near the bathrooms. PM me if you plan to attend this class, or need more information. [This class meets by appointment only]

The purpose of the Wednesday class is to learn to use EL and LED lightsabers in a safe and correct manner. This class includes pratice and training sessions, circle battles, line battles, free for all battles and other fun games. We use the shinai school of training for this. Shinai's are bamboo training swords used for centuries in lieu of katanas, for safety reasons. Some of us cannot afford El or LED lightsabers or are saving for them or do not want to use them for practice. That is why we use shinai's. Those attending class are required to have gloves to protect thier hands. We DO NOT use armor. This means we must be especially careful to avoid injuries. You must wear closed toed shoes to particiate in this class. We recommend that you wear loose clothing that covers your arms and legs. You may at your option use safety glasses as well. This is only an option because the first thing we do is to train you not to hit someone in the head and how to block accidental hits in that area. Although we do train to pull our hits as to not hurt anyone, you will get bruised during this class. This is unavoidable because as stated above we do not use armor. We warn you about this in advance to avoid any misunderstandings. That being said this is a fun and social class. All of us do this because we want to have a good time. We do have rules in place and they WILL be inforced by the Instructors and Marshals. A Marshall is like a referee and his job is to stop combat and make decisions on hits and in case of any other problems. We also do coregraphy at these classes although not at every class. Coregraphy is for those who have EL or LED Lightsabers and want to participate in staged combat battles at Charities and other events. We also offer training in more unusual types of weaponry such as pole arms, warhammers, maces and others [dont be surprised at the names given to these weapons] This training is sponsored by our other Senior Instructor Phil and other instructors.

Sundays class is more informal and is mostly to hone the skills of those who are already trained and to offer training to those who need it. I am usually the only instuctor on hand, so this is more a one on one class than Wednesdays. One or more of our Assistant Instructors may be on hand to train as well. We use lightsaber rules only during these classes as opposed to Wednesday night where it is optional depending on the call of the instuctor in charge.

These classes are open to anyone who wants to attend. However if you want to participate in charity work or events, you do need to join our club.

We also sponsor an RPG group with our class, that allows Padwans or Apprentices to be trained by Masters for the purpose of obtaining knighthood by trial. This is optional and not necessary to attend class and train. [PM me for more information regarding this.]

2. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Just a reminder, this class is open to anyone with desire to learn lightsaber combat with skill and honor.

We have equipment on hand for first timers. Come and see if this is something you would like to do for fun and exercise.

I promise you a great time! PM me if you have any questions.

3. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Bump For Coolness...

It is a ton of fun!

Please come out.

It is not our only activity we do... but it is a very fun one

4. Mariela

Mariela Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2009
    Hi,

Was wondering if you would consider doing this class for a birthday party in South OC(and if so, how much would it be). The party is on Sat, March 14th, 4-6. Thanks.

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    We are not allowed to interact directly with kids or audience members.

6. fdchamp

fdchamp Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2009
    I am really interested in saber training/sparring. I would like to know if this was still happening every wendsday in HB.
    thanks-
    Frank

7. opt1muspr1me

opt1muspr1me Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2009
    I'm new to the Jedi Council Forums and I'm from Huntington Beach. I was wondering if you still teach lightsaber training in Stanton? I have 2 E-Series Ultrasabers. Will those work for training? I also have Ninjato Boken if that would work better.

opt1muspr1me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.