Amph orange is the new black

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  2. SoloKnight Force Ghost

star 4
    I have two theories on this: 1) As Netflix is denying this and Prepon's people have no comment, I hope Prepon is just holding out for more money and she will reach an agreement with Netflix or 2) She realized Scientology isn't really "yay gay."

If Netflix fills her absence with more Larry, I'm done.
  3. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I'm pretty sure she was the main reason a lot of people kept watching the show (including me)....they're going to have to bring her back :/
  4. tom Chosen One

star 6
    you can't leeeeeave! [face_samgamgee]
  5. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    I'm assuming she's dead.
    Last edited by harpua, Aug 17, 2013
  6. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear Piper killed her. It was arguably murder, too, but considering the likelihood that Pennsatucky would've tried to murder her again, with Healy now turning the blind eye, it's really self-defense. Highly unlikely Litchfield will see it that way, though.

I'm super disappointed Alex will have to be written off the show; that's gonna be a big loss to the charisma of the leading cast. Kate Mulgrew can still bring it, however.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I hadn't seen so many negative racial stereotypes together since the early 90s. Are they going for that retro feeling on purpose? Seriously disgusting.
  8. pkloa Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmm, I hadn't thought anyone would be so offended by the characters. I mean, it didn't seem to me to be Dave Chappellian stereotypes... you have some specific situations you felt were over the top?
    Last edited by pkloa, Aug 17, 2013
  9. harpua Chosen One

star 8

Hmmmm... guess not.
  10. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i read an article in "the nation" with this same complaint, and i just didn't agree with it at all. but i don't know, maybe as a white male i don't have the proper perspective to say so.
  11. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    well i can say that as a black woman, i wasn't offended either. in fact I kind of have a crush on crazy eyes and tasty.
  12. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    I ****ing love crazy eyes.
  13. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    i just started the second episode and

Show Spoiler
    holy ****, a hard-assed russian kate mulgrew managing a prison kitchen

i literally have dreams about things like this.
    AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  14. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Unsureeee since it is based on a book based on real life and the changes to the show don't appear to be in the character's races. I'm going with the fact that racial stereotypes are rooted in some bits of truth.
  15. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4

[IMG]
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Your ability to determine the amount that "a bit" is is going to be essential to interpreting that. I suggest looking in your pants to find out just how much.
  17. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    aaannnnndddd the start of episode 3 is enough to earn my allegiance.
    Last edited by Master_Jacen, Aug 18, 2013
  18. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    Rumor is that Laura Prepon will be back for damn episode next season :(
  19. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Why is that a bad thing?
  20. tom Chosen One

star 6
    leia left the word "one" out of her post. apparently they will wrap up her storyline in the first episode of season 2.
  21. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    She needs to get back to Are You There, Chelsea?
  22. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    While it sucks to see her go, it does make the story more true to life. Piper Kerman's ex girlfriend, "Nora," wasn't actually in prison with her.
    Last edited by harpua, Sep 12, 2013
  23. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I watched about four or five episodes of this before I removed it from my queue. I just can't get into watching a show about women in prison. The storylines seemed similar (someone gets offended and the main character has to deal with that and try to make up for it) and I just wasn't interested in the characters for the LOST-type flashbacks. I was interested in it because of Jenji Kohan but it felt like watching the more annoying aspects of Weeds without the more appealing stuff to balance it out.
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    The show is only loosely based on the real Piper's experience anyway. I don't think we should necessarily applaud it moving closer to the "truth," especially since the change is because of Prepon's whims.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Sep 13, 2013
    AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  25. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Is that what it is? I haven't been paying much attention. Why is she leaving the show?