main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orbalisks / Bane's Holocron Question (Rule of Two / Legacy Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wallyosu, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallyosu

wallyosu Jedi Master

Dec 29, 2005
    Spoilers....

At the end of RoT, Bane has the orbalisks removed (before making his holocron). In Legacy, however, Bane has the orbalisks in his holocron image.

Thoughts? My guess: he decides to reattach them because they were more beneficial than not (and didn't interfere with making the holocron like he originally thought).

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As is evident by "Palpatine as Holocron gatekeeper" the hologram may be of any incarnation the gatekeeper desires of their past self.

3. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    this is the 23nd post ive seen about this book, for now shou;ldn't this and the Valorum topic be restircted to the Spoilers allowed thread

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Didn't Palpatine appear like that because he made that recording during Dark Empire II?

5. Adam_Bosman

Adam_Bosman Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2007
    Palpatine chose to appear as a younger self in the Telos Holocron. The 'Essential Guide to Jedi and Sith' has a nice little section on this. As for Bane, I don't know why the Orbalisks appear by choice in his holocron but I'm assuming we'll see a sequel to 'Rule of Two' at some point.

I can see keeping this as a separate thread, purely because it touches on issues outside of 'Rule of Two.'

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    That's what he says, and I'm not saying he couldn't have, but unless that part of his "personality-imprint," or whatever you want to call it, on the holocron was made at a different time than the part where he says that he was just resurrected by Sedriss on Byss, then he was lying about making himself appear young because he already looked like that in the first place.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It could also have been simply because the orbalisks were topical to Krayt's question about his own parasites.

8. Adam_Bosman

Adam_Bosman Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2007
    That's a good point _Catherine_.

The nature of the Sith makes many continuity issues easy to get around, because you never really know what their motives are or if what they say is a lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.