main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ORC-landers: come one, come all.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    cool, so there's been some interest.

[palpatine_morph]"....everything is proceeding according to plan....[/palpatine_morph]

I'm still amused by the Urak-Kai thing.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    as are we all.

[face_plain]

:p ;) :D

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    let the destruction rain

4. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    We should all go see Chamber of Secrets! Again! :D

8-}

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    West City: The Two Towers

THE TWO TOWERS
    Thu 19 Dec 12:00 am 09:30 am 10:30 am 12:10 pm 01:10 pm 02:05 pm
    03:50 pm 04:50 pm 05:40 pm *07:30 pm 08:30 pm *09:15 pm

Fri 20 Dec 09:30 am 10:30 am 12:10 pm 01:10 pm 02:05 pm 03:50 pm
    04:50 pm 05:40 pm *07:30 pm 08:30 pm *09:15 pm 11:05 pm

Sat 21 Dec 09:30 am 10:30 am *12:10 pm 01:10 pm *02:05 pm *03:50 pm
    04:50 pm *05:40 pm *07:30 pm 08:30 pm *09:15 pm 11:05 pm

Sun 22 Dec 09:30 am 10:30 am *12:10 pm 01:10 pm *02:05 pm *03:50 pm
    04:50 pm
    *05:40 pm *07:30 pm 08:30 pm 09:15 pm

Mon 23 Dec 09:30 am 10:30 am 12:10 pm 01:10 pm 02:05 pm 03:50 pm
    04:50 pm 05:40 pm 07:30 pm 08:30 pm 09:15 pm

Tue 24 Dec 09:30 am 10:30 am 12:10 pm 01:10 pm 02:05 pm 03:50 pm
    04:50 pm 05:40 pm 07:30 pm 08:30 pm 09:15 pm

ok so:

What: The Two Towers
    When: Sunday the 22nd of December (this sunday w00t)
    When exactly: either of the two bold blue times above.
    How: How ever you get here, swoop bike, land speeder or TIE Fighter.
    What: Yourself and some cash for a ticket. We could cruise somewhere for a bite to eat after if we wish.
    Why: Because TTT is HERE!
    Who: Me and Kai and anyone else. Hopefully SimplyThrilledHoney and hopefully JP too.

One more sleep for me! Roll on tomorrow!

:D :D :D

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/ewokdance.gif]

perhaps the 4pm time so STH is more likely to make it and the time after would lend itself to WNDY'S for dinner. :)

6. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    of the two options, the 4:50pm would suit me better, although, as I said, I'll be on Waiheke, and it's just going to depend on when i can get home.

Also ... errr .... where are the West City Cinemas? Are they anywhere near the henderson Shopping Mall?

Lawrence

(If either Kai of SFL would like to give me a mobile number. i can txt you to let you know if I can make it.)

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    An earlier session would really suit me - I've got to pick my parents up from the airport this sunday at some stage *stupid jet-setting gene donors* and then take them back about six hours laters for their next flight outta here so I'll be free'n'available between 12 and 6.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Umm, well. I kinda did organise this with Kai through MSN and it was his idea to post a thread.

I'm kinda stuck. Earlier for Kai, later for STH.

Perhaps due to my organising this *with* Kai, I have to go with the earlier time, and perhaps set up another sometime next week for STH and anyone else who's keen (perhaps in town so it's closer to you guys...)

Kai, if STH can't make the earlier one, we might as well make it even earlier so you're REALLY free just to be sure. :p

Sorry SimplyThrilledHoney. :(

9. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    the earlier session would do fine.
    STH - mucho apologies man. despite what my signature says, I'm really not trying to be the spanner in the works. SFL and I would really dig the company and just for the record anyone else is still free to come. If you can't confirm till later, you can PM myself or SFL and get our mobile numbers to text a confirmation.
    SFL - i think we should confirm the session by tomorrow at the latest, yes?

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    OK, well I'll bow out of this particular one in the interest of not messing up plans.

Kai, I gather you live pretty close to me? (You're in bayview aren't you?) Maybe we can organise another one sometime over the Christmas break. I mean, you're gonna want to see this film more than once, right?

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Definitely Lawrence, definitely. I'll probably watch it before I go with SFL anyway, but I only saw FOTR once in the cimena and thoroughly regretted it. I kinda need to see a film of that calibre twice or thrice to really get all of it in.

I'm told through my colleagues at Massey Uni that the Brunettes will be playing at Orientation next year - you should come along to that with me if you're keen. I'll post in the NZ music thread (the one you started) closer to the time.

Looks like it's just you and me SFL.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    and possibly JP. I'm going over to his place for dinner tonight so I'll have a yarn to him.

Let's go with the 2:05pm time then shall we? I mea it's up to you Kai.

STH, I hope you don't have a grudge against me for this. :( If I'm allowed, I'd love to come with you and Kai some other time also. [face_blush]

Kai, you call the time. If you want the 1:10pm time slot - you post it, I'm easy. :)

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    2.05 is good, gives me good sleep in time and an opportunity to browse the mall.

i'm assuming we'll text each other when we're there?

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    umm, oh yea. I guess. I was going to go into Whitcoulls and see about these LOTR things in there.

We could meet just outside Whitcoulls (bottom floor) at about 1pm - go get tickets and whatever, or whatever. :p

JP and his Wife (Shannon) may be comming :) They'll let me know on Sunday morning if they can (kids to sort out etc)

ok, so 2pm time slot. Great! I'm glad we finally got that sorted :p ;)

//looking forward to it.

I might be taking mum and dad to see it tomorrow (Sat). :D *might*

15. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    I'd love to meet up, only prob is as it is opening weekend... will it be sold out before we get there and will we get crappy seats;)?

Seriously if it's not too bad I'll be there, I'm a westie anyway;)

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Awesome. On opening night (midnight) I was standing in que and a guy said he had bought tickets that evening. There *was* 3 cinemas showing but n/m.

Yea, we'll get seats.

I was thinking of going down today and buying my and Kai a ticket. I'll ring JP and try and get a definite answer if he and his wife are comming, and if you're keen Neimhaille, I'll get you a ticket too and you guys can just pay me back on Sunday.

edit = sunday, err TOMORROW! :D

edit = JP and wife are keen

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    so I'll go buy 5 tickets today then for the 2pmish slot.

:D

Me
    Kai
    JP
    JP's partner
    Neimhaille

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Ok, so I called into WestCity Village cinemas and asked for 5 Adult tickets to LOTR TTT for 2:10pm for tomorrow (Sunday 22nd Dec). They guy sorted that out and asked if I wanted 10 movie money. I was like: "WTF?" Get this:

5 Adult tickets = $65
    10 Adult Movie Money = $100

So for an extra $35 I got 5 more tickets which I can use for any movie at any time. So I got that. Got 5 cashed in for tomorrow, cause it's allocated seating so if anyone doesn't turn up, I'm going to hunt you down. :p

We got good seats (the guy said) near back in center. So I'm happy.

My cell (for Neim) is 021 1886912. JP is comming to my place to drop the kids off with mum and dad first, so we'll drive down together. Kai and Neim, we'll meet you there. Text me and i'll text back to say where / when we're there.

With all the X-mas traffic today at WestCity, it may be wise to get to Henderson Square at about 1:30pm and get a park on the roof -always parking on top deck.

Cool, then

oh, and an Adult ticket was $13. (damn expensive, but in a few years it will be $15 I bet :()

C ya tomorrow.

19. Neimhaille

May 12, 2002
    Thanks so much:) Now I'll just have to get myself out of bed at a decent hour (sleep time is totally screwed up with various things) so I can be there early enough to have contacts in and everything:)

13.. man have they gone up suddenly....

Ahh well, it'll just mean I don't buy popcorn;)

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ah good. I was so worried you'd post saying you can't make it or not post at all or something.

:)

Yea, contacts may help, and popcorn etc is usually a waste of money anyway. Heaps of people at the midnight screening took in their own supplies. The people working at the cinema didn't seem to care.

//shruggs shoulders//

ok, so ummm if we don't meet up before the movie (ie: someone's late or their cell phone doesn't work or something silly). Meet just off the escalators(SP?) at the very top - same floor as you buy tickets candy etc. There is an escalator from the Mall up - then another one up to Village cinemas. Meet up the very top.

THIS IS ONLY IF WE DON'T MEET AT SAY WHITCOULLS OR SOMEWHERE FIRST VIA TEXT MESSAGE.

:p

PS: Me JP and his wife will arrive together. Not sure what time we'll get there. Hopefully about 1:30pm ish. May grab some lunch at BK or something... dunno. Have to talk to JP tomorrow.

edit = I'll wear my Canterbury Rugby Shirt to stand out - so you can ID me. :p

21. Neimhaille

May 12, 2002
    lol! Excellent. I shall programme your number into my cellphone so we can have a texting frenzy tomorrow afternoon as we by pass each other and get terribly lost;)

I cannot think what I can wear to stand out, though I do indeed have unmistakeable hair... very long coppery red...

I dinnae think I should wear my Eowyn costume;) Might be a bit must for Westcity;)

Aha! Found the ideal compromise between normality and fun stuff:
    Black velvet princess line dress and I think I can wear my silver snake belt.
    So I'll look like a try hard goth;)

22. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

You guys 'n' gals might want to set your VCRs to record TV2 this afternoon while you're out. I just posted a message in the LotR topic about another behind the scenes programme that starts at 2:00pm. :)

23. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Buzz is that the same documentry that was on last weekend along with the harry pothead one?

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol - I'll look out for a red head goth then :p

Cheers for the heads up Buzz.

lol YouAgain - Harry Pothead. That's what I called him in an MSN conversation with Kitt a little while ago :p

25. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Harry Pothead and the Pholosiphers Stoned

Harry doesn't need a broomstick to get high anymore......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.