Ordeal (JA) Sequel to Brewing **Completed 3/9!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One Apprentice, One Pathway 2: Ordeal

Summary: Every Apprentice has to take a test after their first year under a Master. But why is one apprentice?s test so different to everyone else?s?

Time Frame: One year after Brewing so Obi-Wan has just turned fourteen

Spoilers: Some for Brewing

Archive: Of I?ve already given you permission, take it. If I haven?t, drop me a message at gingerninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Everyone else is mine :)

Authors Note: My exams are OVER!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! To celebrate I am posting this and offering everyone the chance to join in my insane yet completely happy bouncing off the walls. 2 MONTHS OF FREEDOM!!!!!!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Dedicated to Dara, Laura (AoTC in LONDON was THE BEST!!!), Jess, Tessa and Rachael (Master Mush) forever!

Special hugs for everyone who ever dropped me a nice review.

Extra special thanks to all of those who e-mailed me to tell me they enjoyed whatever it was I wrote that they read. Can?t tell you enough how grateful I am :) Thank you all *hugs*

Master and Apprentice stood in the centre of the Council Chamber, surrounded by the twelve Council Members who all wore sombre expressions. The Apprentice felt a deep stir of unease as did the Master but neither spoke. To do so would be a serious infraction of conduct in such an esteemed place.

No one spoke as all eyes turned to the Apprentice and he nervously looked around. His sense of unease was beginning to turn into a wailing alarm that threatened to block out all the usual Coruscant type sounds around him. The sheer power that emanated from those around him made the Apprentice want to run out of the room as fast as he could but he was rooted to the spot-held by something a far more powerful than his own fear.

?Come.?

The Council spoke with one communal voice, both male and female, human and alien, old and young.

The Apprentice turned again to his Master. ?Go,? he was told.

His panic manifested into a voice that squeaked past a lump in his throat. ?No!?

?You must.? His Master?s voice joined with that of the Council.

The Apprentice stumbled backwards but his legs refused to support him and he crashed to the ground. He had a feeling the Council were using the Force to stop him from fleeing the chamber. He fought hard to escape the invisible Force tendrils holding him down but he was rapidly weakening under the strength of thirteen Jedi Masters. Arms wrapped around him and he found himself being pulled back into the centre of the Chamber by Jedi Master Mace Windu. His own Master was leaving. Leaving him to face whatever it was the Council was going to do to him.

?No!? the young Apprentice cried out and he struggled to free himself from the arms of Mace Windu. He freed an arm and reached out his hand to his Master. ?Master don?t go! Please something is wrong!? He didn?t notice the saddened look the Council shared.

A strong hand was clamped over his mouth and another Council Member, Plo Koon, assisted Mace Windu in holding the Apprentice back but the boy could still see the apologetic and remorseful look in his Master?s eyes before the tall man strode out of the Council Chambers looking as calm and collected as ever.

The arms holding the Apprentice did become loose and the young, frightened boy found himself lying on the floor of the Chamber. Once again held down by the Force, he was made to look up as all twelve Council Members stood in a circle above him. All had impassive faces yet their eyes all held some kind of negative emotion that they could not speak of aloud. The Apprentice was certain they were all upset because of him yet he could not think of any reason why.

?Sorry we are to do this to you we are young one,? Yoda spoke, his voice mournful. ?But do this we must for tested you must be.?

?Why?? the boy demanded, hoping his bold question did not convey his fear.

All twelve Council Members look
  2. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
  3. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    First I was happy because I saw a new story by you. Now I'm upset because of the 'test' the Council is putting Obi through. But that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to reading this. [face_devil] Can't wait for more.

~Swede :p
  4. BlueJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Woo Hoo another a story from Ginger!

Can't wait for more

5. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I dont mind long chapters :) I love em. I didn't want this one to end.

Oh, that Yoda. The things he does in the name of the Force. He should know that Obi is going to have enough pain and heartbreak in his life, why put him through more?

Oh, well. It makes for a good fic, and this does sound like a good one Ginger.

I'm sensing major angst, can't wait. :D
  6. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, nice long post! :) That's good, long posts are good. ;) Glad to see you posting another story, but now I've got to go back and reread Brewing to refresh my memory. :)
  7. ApprenticeM Jedi Master

star 4
    Ginger, your back!! :)

Always nice to see something new from ya.......Would it be too much to hope for some Obi torture in this one? ;)

Not that I enjoy that type of thing........ [face_mischief]

8. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
    WoooHooo.....another Ginger story! Great post. Too short though, try and lengthen them up a bit more please.

JediCandy
  9. BlueJedi Jedi Master

star 1
  10. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Yippee!!!! The sequel to Brewing! I've been looking forward to this, Ginger!

Oh boy, I think Yoda needs a few whacks with his stick! What was he thinking?!

More soon, please! :)

KenobisGirl :p

11. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    yay! I finally got to read Ginger's new fic... and what a great start... *sighs happily*

Yoda was being a... err... meddling troll... like always....

Eagerly looking forward to more! :D
  12. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
  13. tolwin Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. Angel5000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey now! THat isn't fair Ginger - Post MORE MORE MORE!! :D LoL

Will be waiting (im)patiently. ;)
  15. GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great story Ginger, as always. I guess I ran out things to say. So I just wanted to say great story. Now hurry up with chapter 2.
  16. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
  17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dear Force Master don't leave it there!!!!
  18. Angel5000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Come on Ginger...we want more! :p
  19. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well everyone if everything goes according to plan there'll be a new post Sunday :)
  21. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks everyone for the feedback :) *hugs to all*

I know I mentioned some other short stories and they *may* come later on but at the moment I intend to focus on this story only as well as a couple of other large projects I have. Sadly not all of the others are Star Wars related but readers are waiting for them nonetheless.

If it?s any consolation, you are definitely the luckier lot. I?m updating this far more than anything else ;)

Ordeal: Part Two

Life at the Installation was hard. No one got away with anything easily. The twelve boys of the dorm lived by a strict code ? not the official rules set up by the doctors running the place, they were practically ignored. No, the boys lived by a code set up the boys themselves. This was the code no boy dared to disobey if they didn?t want to wake up two weeks later in an infirmary bed.

The rules were simple. The toughest kid ruled the pack and the ranks went down from there. The weaker you were, the lower your rank and the more you got bullied and picked on to do nasty stunts to prove your worth to the rest of the group. Same went for all the new kids. When a new kid came along, he would be the lowest ranking boy of the group. The former lowest would be ?promoted?. In other words, the former new kid didn?t get beat up or teased so much anymore and no boy had ever failed to see this and treat it as an enormous relief ? even if their so-called ?promotion? was not really much of a change from before. All that really changed was that the former new kid would no longer have to put up with daily beatings. No instead merciless teasing and physical violence could be expected every other day once you were no longer classed as the Newbie. It wasn?t much of a life but no boy dared complain. Complaining wasn?t worth the pain of being beaten up by the bigger, rougher boys.

So when the twelve boys woke up to find a thirteenth boy among them, a buzz of excitement ran through them all. Finally, someone new to take care of had arrived. Beating up the same kid daily got kind of boring after a while.

?Who is it??

?Dunno. Must be some new kid.?

?Don?t like the look of him.?

?Yeah a really pretty boy this one!?

A sharp jab to the ribs earned the gathered boys a grunt from the new kid.

?Sounds like a girl.?

?Yeah and have you seen his hair? A little girly ponytail and some kinda braid. I think we got ourselves a geezer-bird here lads!?

Laughs and mock wolf whistles went around the group and a couple of the boys gave the new kid a few punches for good measure. A geezer-bird was either a man who looked like a woman or a woman who looked like a man. Being labelled like this would only land the new kid in yet more trouble. Still, none of the boys cared. Newbies weren?t meant to be treated well. They had to be taught how to survive in the harsh environment of the criminal world many of them came from and would be returning to despite the Installation?s best efforts. Geezer-birds needed more beatings than usual because they needed to have the girl in them destroyed if they were going to make it on the streets once they got out of the Installation.

Of course most of the boys didn?t think of that reason when they attacked their fellow inmates. All they were looking for was some kind of entertainment and a fight was just perfect for that.

?Right,? the biggest boy of the bunch said, rolling up his sleeves. ?Let?s get started.?

The others all laughed and nudged each other as they watched their leader approach the still-sleeping new kid. He stopped and looked back at the gathered crowd. ?Oy, where?s our last newbie??

There was a jostling among the group as a tiny figure emerged. The boy, who was the smallest of them all, had large blue eyes. His thick black hair had been yanked and pulled out more times than anyone could count and subsequently the boy had numerous bald patches and his hair was perpetually messy and stuck out in clumps. His tanned skin had become pale with fear over the months he had spent in the
  22. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    That was amazing, Ginger. [face_shocked]

Obi-Wan's noticing Qui-Gon subconciously through the Force and thinking he may hurt him... was so sad.

Setaina is an awesome character though. Loved her sarcasm towards Qui-Gon. [face_mischief]

Again, Marvelous! Can't wait for more! :D

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the council needs to be sent in for CAT scans...all of them.

And maybe some EEG's too

MORE!!
  24. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    sheleigh: Thanks a lot :D [face_blush]

Arwen: [face_laugh] CAT scans :D

Thanks for reading both of you :)
  25. GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great story Colette. I think that boss kid reminds of someone but I can't remember who. Oh curse my bad memory, I forget stuff all the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.