main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ordeal (JA) Sequel to Brewing **Completed 3/9!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Wahoo, I'm always late seeing stories up... so I'm not the most perseptive person in the world...

Brewing was awsome soo what is a good adj to discirbe this story of yours... absoluty...ok there is none!

It's great so far! please more soon!

Till Later~
    Siri

2. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Great story sis!!! I loved the part where Obi could sense Qui-Gon's presense! Wonderful! Can't wait for more! :)

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    That was great :) I sense that Obi-Wan is about to be beaten up in the near future... [face_devil](not that it's that hard to tell :p)

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :D "AoTC in LONDON was THE BEST!!!" :D You said it! I'm coming back for EpIII! ;)

This is GREAT so far!! Poor Obi-Wan! I love how he could sense Qui-Gon even though he didn't mean to! And these boys... bad news for Obi. This is building into one heck of a storyline! :cool: :D

More? Pretty please? :)

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm coming back for EpIII!

Hah not if I get to the US first! :p

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    How did I miss the last post?

Obi-Wan better start getting some memories back soon or I sense some bullies will find themselves inexplainably flying into walls.

7. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Ginger_Jedi,
    I cant believe I just found this story...it is great!
    Poor Obi-Wan.....that would be sofrustrating using the Force without even realizing it!

Hehe I just saw "The Bourne Idnetity" tonight and parts of this fic kinda remind me of it!

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I have to say that I don't agree with Yoda at all here. Obi will have enough hurt in his life, why does Yoda feel the need to purposefully inflict more?

I'm sure he has his reasons, he always does. I hope they are good ones!

As far as the pack of bullies go, laugh it up boys :) I have a feeling once Obi settles in he'll be moving right up the ranks. In toughness, not being a bully that is.

Awesome fic, Ginger. Can't wait for the next post.

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks again everyone for the marvellous feedback! *hugs to all*

This is going to be my last post for a week or so because I?m off to see my family :) So I hope this will be enough to last you until then ;)

I'm afraid I didn't have time to check for mistakes so I apologise in advance for any sloppiness within.

A note on Changeover: A lot of people have been asking about this so I?ll just clear everything up. As soon as Ordeal is over, I?ll get back to that :) Thank you everyone for your patience. Don?t worry I haven?t forgotten about it!

Anyway on with the story!

Ordeal: Part Three

Obi-Wan gazed out of the window. There was nothing but ice and snow as far as the eye could see. Sighing softly, he turned back to face the room he was in. It was a small, wooden panelled room with a large desk in the centre ? behind which sat another doctor in a large red leather chair. Obi-Wan sat in a smaller chair on the other side of the desk. He hugged his knees to his chest and every now and then his eyes would uneasily cover the walls and the window. It felt as if someone had their eyes on him and that someone was not the kindly faced, grey haired, middle aged man who smiled kindly at Obi-Wan as he spoke.

?Well Obi-Wan I must admit I?ve never dealt with an amnesiac since my basic training nearly twenty-five years ago,? the Doctor said with a small laugh. ?But don?t you worry ? we?ll all help get your memories back.?

?Thank you, Doctor???

?Call me Doctor Balf Obi-Wan,? he replied.

?Okay,? Obi-Wan said quietly.

?Now then, why don?t you tell me what you can remember before you woke up here this morning,? Balf said, his hands poised over a small keyboard ready to type notes.

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?Nothing much. A couple of sentences but I don?t know who said it. But?um?there is something that I remember pretty well.?

Balf peered at Obi-Wan curiously, silently urging the boy on.

?On the ship there was a man. I know Doctor Frent told me there were only other doctors onboard but I think this man is after me,? Obi-Wan shuddered with fear as he felt eyes raking over him. ?He?s watching me right now but I don?t know where he is!?

?Obi-Wan I assure you no one expect me is watching you,? Balf reassured.

Balf, like all the staff, had been briefed by Setaina about Obi-Wan?s unusual circumstances and the hidden presence of his Jedi Master ? who was watching the current events on a security monitor down the hallway. The staff had also been informed of the unfortunate event onboard the ship that had brought Obi-Wan to Yanave and Balf had now seen the nasty effect it had had on Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan meanwhile shook his head obstinately. ?You?re wrong! No one else but me knows that he?s watching me ? whoever he is.? Obi-Wan slammed one balled up fist into the padded arms of his chair. ?If I could remember my life I bet I?d know why he?s after me and I?d be able to stop him. I hate not knowing!?

?Yes I know it?s very frustrating for you,? Balf replied calmly. He paused for a moment while he thought of another way to halt Obi-Wan?s mounting paranoia. ?I?ll tell you what Obi-Wan. Why don?t you and I take a walk and see if we can find this man. How does that sound??

Obi-Wan looked suspicious, as if he were trying to find any alternate motives in Balf?s suggestion. The common sense won over ? Balf was here to help him not get him killed by the man ? and he got up from the chair and followed Balf from the office.

The Boss had only one trusted affiliate with whom he discussed everything. This affiliate was a lanky, shaggy strawberry-blond haired, seventeen-year-old who had known the Boss for many long years. His title, therefore, was 2IC ? second in command. 2IC was smart and the Boss relied on 2IC?s intelligence for advice. At the moment, the Boss and 2IC were lurking in a dank corner of the currently unused girl?s toilet block. The Boss was leaning against the wall while 2IC sat on the edge of a bright pink coloured sink.

?The new kid is different,?

10. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm getting madder at Yoda by the minute, for putting Obi-wan in that institution, but I know he had nothing to do with it , it was you Ginger!! ;) 7

11. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I agree with jedi7! DARN YODA! Darn him and his evil plotting... the trolls a sith, I say!

Poor Obi...

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    /I?m strange. And it?s going to get me in a lot of trouble too. I just know it./

Awww! Poor Obi-Wan! I guess that's a clue about what's to come, then? :p

Great post sis! Have fun with your family! :D

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Jedi7, Sheleigh and sis! :D See you all soon :)

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You said it 7. Maybe Yoda should be the one locked up with the lunatics.

15. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    blocking someone's memory and dumping them in a mental hospital seems like a stupid way to test them. If they can't remember who they are then you really aren't testing them; you're just testing someone else who just happens to share the same body.

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    It official...someone had better come and restrain me before I go and kill the council...all of them.

How could they put our Obi in that horrible place. and block his memories too!!

Great post Master! Even if I feel like I need to kill something

*Arwen's sister walks into the room*

Opertinity strikes

17. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    U r the frist person to ever get me fully POed at Yoda!! Nice job ;)

Keep it coming..need more.

Till Later~
    Siri

18. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    So sorry it?s taken me ages to post this. I really don?t have a good excuse? [face_blush] Thanks again for the feedback. I promise this story does have an actual plot to it! All will be explained?eventually ;)

Just to let you all know I start college this week so the next post may be a little while. I need to get settled into my new routine :) Thanks in advance for your patience.

Ordeal: Part Four

?I am still failing to see what you hope to accomplish by doing this.?

?Clear the meanings are rarely are ? even to the Jedi.?

?Yet you must have a reason for doing this. You wouldn?t subject a child to meaningless cruelty would you??

?To be kind, cruel we first must be.?

?That is outrageous! You mean to say you are doing this to Obi-Wan because somehow it is also means you?re being kind!? You may have used some convoluted logic in the past but this is utterly ridiculous! You aren?t testing the boy, you?re torturing him.?

?All about the boy this test is not. Tested he will be when begin to return his memories do. His determination, his strength, his power ? tested they will be. Until then, tested another will be.?

?Qui-Gon? This is to do with Qui-Gon? You?re harming an innocent child just to see what exactly? That Qui-Gon is still up to the job? That his experience with Xanatos is behind him now??

?Tested Qui-Gon needed not be ? if left here he had not. Too late it is now to recall him. Go through with this he must in order to find his weaknesses as a Master. Part of Obi-Wan?s test he has also become ? important part this is ? key to everything it may very well be.?

?You have foreseen this??

?Key Qui-Gon is to whether or not Obi-Wan chooses the light or dark path. Return almost all his memories will after a critical event but all those concerning the positive things of his Master will not. A battle it will be of light and dark within the boy and only will the stronger of the two win out. Whichever path chosen, bound to it Obi-Wan will forever be. Affect Qui-Gon his chosen path will for better or worse.?

??I see where you?re going with this. Two interlinked destinies lie at the crossroad of an enormous decision that could either lead them to greatness or despair.?

?Neither path to greatness leads. One path to irrevocable darkness leads. Only destruction and despair will the galaxy know if taken this path is. Lead the galaxy to darkness the other does too yet hope remains at the end.?

?I understand this but your own choice of action still seems a little thoughtless.?

?Reason I always have for the actions I take. Act out in maliciousness for no reason I do not. Never will I act callously.?

?I wouldn?t assume so much if I were you. No matter what the reasons are behind all this the way you?ve gone about this, in my opinion, is all wrong. Surely there was a better way??

?Alternatives I searched for but did not find. Commanded such action the Force did. Guide us it always does ? impaired we may be or not. Guide Obi-Wan to his choice it will. Help him make his decision it may. Either way decided Obi-Wan?s fate, as well as countless others, will be.?

??I hope you?re right about this. You are the one who claims the Force shows visions of what may be and not what will be.?

?For once wrong that teaching is. Never right is that teaching when Obi-Wan Kenobi is concerned. Everything he does, every choice makes affects others. More important it will be that he makes the right choices the older he gets. Dark times approach. Avoid them we cannot. Dark times must come to pass if survive the Jedi are to. Happen changes must if generations to come want lives worth living.?

?Just how far ahead are you seeing??

?Far enough. Beyond anyone?s control any further than what I see is. Darkness clouds everything but know I do the outcome of many things. Exact details I do not know but nevertheless, know what is to happen ultimately, I do.?

?And everything to come relies solely on the shoulders of Obi-Wan??

?Obi-Wan mostly but Qui-Gon as well. Anoth

20. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey! *Pulls Ginger back into the thread* You get back in here young lady and finish this post! :p I don't do cliffhangers!

Great post! Worth the wait. Poor Obi, though. He won't even know why everyone is beating up on him... Ah well, at least it's angst time! ;)

Don't leave us hanging for too long!

KenobisGirl :cool:

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading KenobisGirl! I'll see if I can manage an update much faster next time :)

22. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Hmmmm, me thinks Dr. Balf is seriously underestimating the abilities that a jedi padawan has at his disposal. Erasing memories is one thing--instincts are an entirely different matter.

Obi is just such a little smartie, he'll get this all figured out--eventually.

Now, about this cliffhanger missy! :mad: And you don't know how long it will be before you can post again? Humph! :mad:

Well, good luck with school and i'll be eagerly awaiting the next post :)

23. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Well Obi's in a pinch now isn't he... Nice job Ginger... can't wait for more!!!

~*Nikita*~

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Hey Cliffie!!

*grabs onto the ledge*

eek...better not leave us hanging too long. It's a long drop.

Great post Master

25. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: That must be illegal or something, stopping right there! :p

Fantastic post sis! :D And so long! I love it! :D

*sits down to wait for the next post* ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.