main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Order 66 Challenge- Beyond the Sea: Aayla Secura

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthPolymerase, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPolymerase

DarthPolymerase Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Order 66 Challenge: Beyond the Sea: Aayla Secura
    By Darth Polymerase

Characters: Aayla Secura

Summery: Short viggie about Aayla?s last thoughts during Order 66?what happened after the scene cut away? Written in response to the Order 66 Challenge

?Execute Order 66?

Commander Bly could only stare at the girl as she lay dying, drops of crimson blood splattered against her cool blue skin.

?Is she dead??

The toe of one white boot tapped her blue arm lightly. The girl flinched and gritted her eyes shut even tighter. She was in pain.

??Not yet.? Commander Bly responded as he turned his white mask away and walked back to his troops. His job was almost over, it was almost finished. The command was clear: execute Order 66 and leave no Jedi alive?very simple and straightforward. He was sure to be rewarded handsomely for performing such a noble task in the honor of the New Order of the Galactic Empire.

He turned his gaze back to the blue girl.

All they could do now was wait.

Aayla Secura, Jedi fighter for freedom, liberty and justice lay dying now--shot and turned upon by her own troops. The Twi?lek faded in and out of a comforting haze as she lay on the lush grass of the planet of Felucia, drawing in several ragged breaths.

The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of the forest in time with the dying girl?s gasps for air.

It was so peaceful.

Death?

Her whole world was a haze of red, white and blue. The red blood, her blue skin, the white masks?.

It was ironic how the colors of the ideals she held so secure where now the own ones she was covered with in death. He blue hand ached as she weakly twisted her body to reach to where her lightsaber should be by her side, only for her desperate fingers to grace the empty cloth holster. She opened her pain-filled eyes and slowly turned her head to the side. They had taken it off of her and cast it away?her lightsaber was just a few feet out of reach. The one thing she could always count on in life, was suddenly fleeting to her in death.

??Commander, sir, are you just going to let her die??

?Yes, Lieutenant. Follow the orders.?

She heard the mechanical voice and struggled to turn her head to face her traitorous attackers. However, as she began to move, she was overcome by the searing sense of blinding aguish.

Everything turned white. Like the Clone Troopers themselves.

Some used to say white was the absence of color. For Aayla, the color white meant the absence of humanity, absence of a heart and a soul. To turn their backs on a leader--on those who fought for the ideals upheld by the galaxy?

Why, it was downright inhumane.

But then again, so were they.

To Aayla, the color white held the connotation of impersonality for a stronger reason. The medical bay on her home planet of Ryloth, which had embraced her dying mother was white. All of it. It was all Aayla could remember. It was always too clean?too impersonal. She had only been 7 years old when her mother had died on that bitterly sunny day. Aayla remembered one of their last conversations with a desperate sense of heartache:

?Mama, where do you go when you die??

?You go where your heart is made from. Why, a blue girl like you? You would go beyond the sea, Aayla. ?

Aayla was blue?she was more of a turquoise hue that her mother had always said made her special. She was the ocean, always changing, but ever constant. While still a child, Aayla often felt self-conscious of the vivacious hue of her skin. The other Twi?leks were more muted?softer colors and softer tones for softer spirits. Aayla, however with her bold bright hue was always full of life.

?But, Mama?why am I so blue? The others always make fun of me for the color of my skin!?

?You are special, my love. You are blue like the ocean, Aayla. Blue is the color of freedom.?

Oh Mama. I will see you soon

Aayla took in one ragged breath, trying to draw in a sense of peace and comfort from her surroundings.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I loved it! :)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I knew these viggies for the Order 66 challenge would be sad.. but so beautiful as well. Bravo DarthPolymerase.

4. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Good job :) Sad but effective. I liked the memories Aalya had before she went beyond the sea.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great response to the challenge! Bravo! =D=

6. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Aayla is one of my favorite characters and this almost brought me to tears. Lovely! [:D]

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Some used to say white was the absence of color. For Aayla, the color white meant the absence of humanity, absence of a heart and a soul. To turn their backs on a leader--on those who fought for the ideals upheld by the galaxy?

Why, it was downright inhumane.

But then again, so were they.

That's definitely my favorite part. The whole thing broke my heart in a few ways, but that was my favorite part.

8. DarthPolymerase

May 22, 2005
    Sara_Kenobi-Thanks for reading! :)

Healer_Leona-Thank you so much! Some of these stories are breaking my heart too!

the_wandering_shadow- Yay! I'm so glad that you found it was effective. I totally got the title from the song when I was at a coffee shop last night and wanted to see what I could do with it.

VaderLVR64-Thank you, my master :bows:

LukesTheMan-Gracias! She's one of my favorite characters too--I was really sad there wasn't more of her in the movie :(

DarthIshtar- Oh wow--thank you! The funny thing is, while I was writing this, my spell checker kept on replacing 'inhumane' with 'inhuman'--that would have definetly ruined the mood there!

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, definitely not right to use inhuman.

10. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    That was very touching!

I always like to read the fanfics about the characters I'm not hugely familiar with, they tend to add so much more to my whole SW Universe.

Good work!

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great story. Very well written :) =D=
    --Wynssa

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    :_|=D= What a wonderful job!! That was excellent! I truly enjoyed how you managed to capture her emotions here :)

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job! Loved her reminiscing of her past :( specially of Tholme... I've juz read the recent Republic comic. (they're not caught up with Ep III as of yet)

It's sad too...cuz her and Bly have been thru a lot. I can only imagine how the other Jedi and the clone commanders they worked with were affected. Even though they were bred for taking orders...one has to wonder if there was even a smitchgen of a doubt to whether or not one of them (clones) thought differently. But as we see over the period of time, it appears to not have. :_|

Excellent job!

14. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    That Commander is a real scumbag to not even have the mercy to finish Aayla and end her pain (until he was ordered to). I want to drop him on Endor to serve as a nice snack for the Ewoks.

Liked how the white of the pain reminded her of the white of the armour reminded her of the white of the medbay.

Glad that Aayla found peace.

15. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Good job, I loved it. I felt so bad for the jedi while watching EP3. I wanted to yell at the movie screen. I was like they don't even have a fighting chance. It's not fair! I wonder how many of them get to be blue ghosts. Let's hope aayla is one of them :)

16. DarthPolymerase

May 22, 2005
    DarthIshtar- Gotta love the technology ;)

cdmcc-Thanks! I think the beauty of this challenge is that we all get to read about new and unfamiliar characters who aren't really explored in the movie.

Wynssa-Why thank you very much!

Layren-Aww---shucks! I try. Thanks!

Kynstar- I wanted to get as much of her past in there as I possibly could, just because she's so interesting of a character. I haven't gotten to the Republic comics yet, but they're definetly on my reading list for the summer. Thank you so much for reading!

_JM_- Ewok snacks would be a marketable business for evil clone troopers who are mean to the Jedi. You should definetly look into that one ;) Merci beaucoup for your response!

Rose_Skywalker- Me too! It was so freaking sad how they were just hunted down like animals :( Thank you very much for reviewing!

17. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Aayla Secura is one of my favoriate characters. I need to read more stories with her. Excellent job.

18. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    :( This was so sad. It was beautiful, though, and very well written. Great response to the challenge!

19. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    i really liked how you used the colors to focus on what Aayla was thinking in her last moments. this was so sad, but still beautiful.

20. DarthPolymerase

May 22, 2005
    Divia-Aayla is just this totally kick-butt girl and I wish there was more on her too! I think once I'm done with my current story, I'm going to work on a series about her (among other things...), just because she's just so freaking...cool. Thank you so much for reading and replying!

Siaynoqsbride-Thank you so much for reading! These Order 66 stories are pretty much all breaking my heart too...

danish_head-Gracias! I tried to use the colors to give the story more texture, as my English professor would say. I'm glad that you liked it! Thank you so much for reading!

21. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Wow. I love how you used to colors.

Keep writing!

22. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Sad story...Is it me or was it inhumane for the troopers to just let her die...I would think that they would put her out of her misery.

23. _Genivive_

_Genivive_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    Wonderful =D=!

24. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Incredible. You gave Aayla's death a bit more meaning, which I appreciate. Good job.

25. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Well, if you do write a story with Aayla be sure to PM me(if you can remember that far in advance ;) ) 'Cause I'd love to read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.