main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Order 66 on TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by EHT, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    While discussing the four-part General Pong Krell story arc ("Darkness on Umbara", "The General", "Plan of Dissent", and "Carnage of Krell"), Filoni responded to a question about Order 66 by promising that the show would address this mysterious directive. "Order 66 and how it works, why it works, how it all goes down...I don't wanna say too much about that, except that before we're finished with this show, you will understand it a lot better than you do after Revenge of the Sith, because we have the time to get into things like that. ... It has been thoroughly figured out. It's something we've discussed with George."

Regarding the series' depiction of Sidious, Filoni said, "You'll see a little bit more of Sidious, 'cause we start to deal with bigger issues, we start to answer a lot of the kind of bigger questions, and he's kind of forced to take a more active role. Things don't go as smoothly as some people are led to believe for him. It's not like he just wants these things to happen and he calls Order 66 and it works out perfectly for him. He has to actually maneuver and play the chess game to stay ahead of the Jedi." Filoni clarified that this material wouldn't be coming until next season at the earliest, but he said that "maybe at Celebration VI" he'd preview it. "I am going to do my best at Celebration VI to have some ridiculous footage to show," he added.

Filoni On ForceCast: TCW Will Explore Order 66

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Interesting[face_thinking]

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes. So this pretty much confirms that TCW will overlap ROTS, and not end at its start as many had thought it might (I myself thought it would be kind of cool to have it end with Obi-Wan and Anakin flying into the battle over Coruscant). It does, however, confirm the possibility for other stuff we've discussed regarding Rex and Ahsoka... such as Rex refusing to follow Order 66 (I think Fives will help him in that effort) and helping Ahsoka to escape (while Rex himself either escapes and deserts or gets killed by other clones in the process). Should be interesting... I hope they handle the depiction of Order 66 in this show very carefully.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How? The news that Order 66 was going to be explored is not new. And there is nothing that says they will overlap RotS.

However, Dave gave some interesting tidbits about the show. This ForceCast is worth hearing.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    ^I'm surprised you say that about the forecast with all the comments people have made about it on how they don't like it. Personally I think the Forcecast is well worth a listen it's where I get most of the news on the clone wars. You should also check out their CW roundtables there's some pretty good stuff on there.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can interperate this a few ways.

1. Order 66 will be explored in the show.
    2. Something won't go Palpatines way and the show will show how order 66 was implemented.
    3. TCW will overlap ROTS and will then explore order 66.
    4. Order 66 did not go as smoothly as shown on screen, Rex and Fives will demonstrate this or something like that.
    5. Rex and Fives will demonstrate the brutal truth or something like that.

If #4 happens TCW really needs to make a few Rex and Ahsoka episodes. I'm not saying Rexoka cuz that's totally creepy but these two characters have not spoken to one another since "Brain Invaders". I feel some more effort needs to be made to show some sort of rock solid friendship to help things along. Otherwise number 5.

I'll listen tonight or tomorrow sometime.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, I said this ForceCast. ;)

I don't usually listen to it though, except when there are special guests like Filoni, Gilroy, or any other actor.

But here we got some insteresting intel from Filoni about Order 66, Krell, the slave arc, Sidious, etc...

I really enjoyed hearing him talk about that.

8. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i heard there was to be 5 seasons in total for the clone wars.
    is this wrong?
    i must say the seasons are getting darker and im loving it :D

id love it if they eventually moved onto a luke skywalker animated series set between 4 and 5

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    My interpretation of what I heard was that they'd explore how Order 66 did not go as smoothly as Palpatine wanted - so this would be explored in (likely as I interpret it) the final season of TCW.

And I think the reason some people say they don't listen to the ForceCast is because the hosts (Jason and Jimmy) tend to be gushers about TCW (which makes them A-OK in my book).

Anyhow, Filoni did give some great tidbits about upcoming stuff including the resurrection of Darth Maul.

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    No, they confirmed they're writing the sixth season. Whether or not the shows ends @ Season 6, that is unknown at this point.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No, the Ashoka story will have to be resolved before ROTS. If she is going to die (and I'm pretty sure she will), it needs to happen before ROTS. It just won?t work otherwise.

Also, I'm excited about the possibility of seeing more Sidious.

12. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011

thanks

13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Sweet, I was hopeing the series would continue after ROTS hopefully into the Dark Times.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If that was the case, it wouldn't be The Clone Wars any longer. I hope they do another similar series on another timeline. Dark Times or during the Rebellion.

15. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    It would be interesting if they continued it to just after Order 66. Just to show the fallout. Maybe see Ahsoka (IF she lives) going into hiding.

Would be cool to see a series on the Rebellion. To see Rebels other than the big 3. Or depending on how Old Republic projects are doing, a series set during that era.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Very interesting.

My question would be, do the clones know instinctively what Order 66 is due to its being "programmed" into them, or do they need instructions at some point? If it's the latter, maybe that's the part that will be addressed.

I've been hoping that TCW will show some stuff from Labyrinth of Evil and then end right before ROTS starts. But overlapping could work, if they show what's going on away from Coruscant, Utapau and Kashyyk.

Ahsoka's fate would have to be resolved prior to ROTS though; we would at least need to know why she isn't with Anakin and why he doesn't mention her.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    All they have to do is change the name to Star Wars: The Dark Times or Dark Times, and use the same animation.

18. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I don't totally agree with this, I mean most people would agree that the relationship between Anakin and Obi is stronger then Anakin/Ahsoka, yet we heard NOTHING from Anakin/Dark Vadar about the fate of Obi from the slaughter of young-lings, before the fight between them, and then after the fight Vadar basically forgot about Obi until on the death star. We also heard absolutely nothing on any jedi from Yoda, Obi in ep IV, and there were obviously other Jedi that survived, just check out EU ... so really anything can happen and be explained we may not like it but it's possible. And the same arguments you might use about why was she not mentioned apply to either fate, living or dying so Que Sera Sera.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to dissagree that Ahsoka needs to die or be delt with before RotS. To me it makes less sense for Anakin to not mention her in RotS if she died just a short time ago vs if Ahsoka is alive and well somewhere out there in the galaxy and he simply has no reason to be worried about her while bigger stuff is going on closer to him, like visions of his wife dying. Or Ashoka and him have had a total falling out and he simply doesn't give a rat's ass about what she is doing out there.

But if Ahsoka must die or get out of dodge (death isn't the worst thing that could happen to Ahsoka IMO believe it or not) who knows maybe there will be a test round for order 66 and Ahsoka is going to draw the short straw. Palpatine arranges for her to be sent out somewhere with a bunch of clones and things don't go according to plan. Then Palpatine covers it up and fixes things for later when its for reals. Order 66 is explore in the epic series finale.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    This. I used to agree with those above who said that Ahsoka absolutely needed to die before the timeline of ROTS. Since I don't particularly care for Ahsoka, I wouldn't mind if it did go that way... but I don't think that's the route the show will take, and they actually don't have to from a logical point of view. The lack of Anakin mentioning her is actually easier to accept if they simply had a falling out and she is far removed from the situations he's involved in (and therefore he never thinks about her anymore) than it would be if she had died at all recently, especially if they were still at all close when it happened. He would still be carrying that baggage in ROTS if that happened.

And regarding my stating that this confirms that TCW will overlap ROTS... how could it not confirm that? I'm not sure how that can even be questioned logically. TCW could have ended at the events of ROTS's start, like Labyrinth of Evil did. But now that they've stated Order 66 will be covered, that has to mean that TCW will be covering events that occur during the ROTS timeline (but not necessarily the same events ROTS shows us, up until Order 66 itself). Order 66 happens more than halfway through ROTS, so... it seems pretty simple.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Addressing Order 66 does not necessarily mean showing the execution of the order in ROTS. It could involve the dissemination of the order by Palpatine, and/or Palpatine discussing the order with Dooku. The reference to "how it works, why it works" could theoretically mean any number of things good or bad ( though I tend to lean more to one side than the other ), but it doesn't have to chronologically overlap with ROTS in the timeline.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Listened to the interview, the stuff where Dave talks about Order 66 was interesting. It was also interesting the way he talked about the Kaminoans as scumming war profiteers selling subpar products which I supposed is partially true but sounds interesting to explore. Sounds like they are gonna get the villain treatment.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's another thing. The Kaminoans are not meant to be villains, though they seem mysterious. They're not selfless heroes, but they're selling a product in which they seem to take great pride. In this sense they are like the Sekotans of Rogue Planet. They are not intended to have been complicit in Order 66, if 2005's Dark Lord is any indication. The whole point of the Kaminoans is the creation of an army which would respond principally to the Supreme Chancellor. This requires no villainy on their part, since they have no reason to assume that would be a bad thing for the Republic or the Jedi.

TCW seems like it's becoming an embodiment of Seerow's signature.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't know about that. It might be that money is the only thing they do care about. Looking at the state of their world, I could see why.

This is what bothers me the most, though. They took the word of one Jedi and created an illegal army for him without even verifying and consulting either the Jedi Council, or the Senate.

I hope they explain in the show where all the weapons and hardware came from when the Clone Army was discovered.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I'd say AOTC kind of gives that impression to some extent. But I do think they take pride in their work.

Rothana Heavy Engineering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.