main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Order

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Original Oatmeal, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Should new fans watch the first two films and then all the episodes of the cartoon Clone Wars, before watching the third film, the Revenge of the Sith and the OT after that? I think not knowing that Anakin becomes Vader might be better. Not knowing that Luke and Leia are sisters until the sixth film might be better. Not knowing that Luke is the son of Vader until the fifth film might be better. Maybe new viewers won't realize that Anakin and Luke both have the same last name. It could be a common last name like Mr. Smith.

07jonesj likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    IV-V-II-III-VI then TCW would be how I would introduce a new viewer.

The OT is the stronger story-wise, so this method preserves the Vader being Luke's father revelation in "V". After that revelation, there are two flashback movies detailing Anakin Skywalker's darkest points, and the reveal of Leia being Luke's sister is brought to "III" instead of "VI". Ultimately, I feel the reveal in "III" is more surprising than "VI", where they just kind of say it.

Ending on "III" gives you a "Double downer cliffhanger". Darth Vader has defeated Luke, and Han is gone. We now know the Emperor is behind the shadows and he has full control of the Empire. How on Earth can Luke overcome these odds?!? Cue Ep "VI". I feel the direct comparison of "III"'s dilemma - Anakin joining Palpatine - and "VI"'s - Luke not joining Palpatine - strengthens the finale as a whole.

The Clone Wars is really best watched with the context of the films. Besides that, I don't think anyone in this day and age could watch the whole TCW show without stumbling into spoilers on teh net about Vader.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In my opinion, everyone should watch the movies in the order the movies were made.
    ANH-TESB-ROTJ-PTM-AOTC-ROTS
    Mainly because of 2 reasons:
    -) Vader is Luke's father => !!!
    -) The technology improved over time.

I would recommend people to watch the CW micro series over watching TCW.

I do not recommend people to watch TCW, I recommend them to watch the movies first and if they are still enthousiastic they can watch the CW micro series and TCW later on.

4. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    1. A New Hope

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. Phantom Menace

4. Attack of the Clones

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Clone Wars Mini-Series Cartoons

8. Cartoon Network Clone Wars

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    TPM - AOTC - ANH - TESB - ROTJ - ROTS

Watching the movies in this order you know who this Anakin Skywalker is they are talking about in the OT, but it's still a surprise that he and Vader are the same person.

And could it be that you only find out about Palpatine's true identity in ROTS? In that case this would be the last surprise, if it really isn't mentioned in the OT (and I don't remember that).

6. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

Should they edit the six films so that new viewers can not know Luke & Leia & Anakin are related until the fifth and sixth films?

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Original Oatmeal to keep some of the surprises in the OT, you might go with just select Clone Wars material followed by the OT and cut the PT altogether.

Most of what people consider the critical points of background information from the PT are included if you pick the right episodes. The S4 slaver arc covers Anakin's background as a slave, the S3 Mortis arc covers the Chosen One prophecy and the death of Anakin's mother. There's an extended rant here I'll avoid going on but I think you could edit three movies out of TCW and the micro series better than the PT. I have some ideas on how that would be done.

Then go straight into the OT from there. When Obi-Wan tells Luke about how is father was his friend who was killed by some other dude named Darth Vader, it will appear to be true even though the last part isn't seen because we saw their friendship and adventures together. The climax of Ep. V would still be a revelation for the viewer since they didn't see the Kenobi/Skywalker duel at the end of Ep. III, and the Luke/Leia relationship would still be a surprise in Ep. VI.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  8. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

I like your ideas. I think I would edit everything into the right order. i would cut up the episodes and the films and rearrange them like a puzzle. I would make several versions. I would have a long extended version that includes even the deleted scenes from every episode and film. It would be hundreds of hours long. it would include commentaries and the Wookie Christmas Specials and other things. It would even include audio tapes of the books like the book Plagueis and all other books and comics and things from Wookie-pedia and everywhere else. it would even include threads from this forum as well.

I would have long versions and medium versions and shorter versions. The shortest versions might be just a music video of about a minute of the best parts from the films and cartoons and everything. I love music videos.

A recommended medium version of everything might be condensed to less than ten hours. I might want to show parts of the Anakin vs. Kenobi fight after Vader tells Luke he is his father in the Empire Strikes Back. In shorter versions, I might only show the scenes with Luke or Anakin in them. I think good stories need to start off with a good problem at the beginning that is very understood by people who have never seen star Wars before. A New Hope may have the best introduction scenes for introducing Star Wars to people in Vietnam or Africa. I am still not exactly sure, still.

9. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think they should be watched: TPM-AOTC-ROTS-ANH-TESB-ROTJ. And then TCW.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  10. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    In that case I'd suggest IV I II III V VI, ANH is the place to start SW.
    Though I think IV V I II III VI is better.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  11. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    I would zoom into Vader's helmet at different points in the OT and cut to key flashbacks from PT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.