main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Ordinary Stuff' -The Halloween Challenge- Jaina/Jacen fluff written in 1st person from Jaina's view

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Halloween Challenge:
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write the single worst opening sentence that you can possibly think of for a vignette. In other words, write a 1,000 word vignette with the worst opening sentence you can come up with.

I just thought this up, and whipped it up in a few hours (it's really hard making it exactly 1000 words...). Hope you like it!

The rain dripped onto my exposed skin feeling like the drops of milk that drip off of the table and onto you when you accidentally knock your glass over. I love the rain, it feels so refreshing when it falls onto your head making little wet spots in your hair; when it falls on your clothes and makes those little dark sticky spots; when it hits your skin feeling all wet and icy cold.

I love the smell of rain, too. It?s such a nice smell. It smells so?so green, and wet, like a rainforest.?sometimes, when I have weak moments when I actually want to wear perfume and lipstick and all those girly little things, I wish there was a perfume that smelled like the rain instead of all those stinky flowery ones. Or the beach. A beach perfume would be nice.

I shivered, wrapping my sweater around my body more securely as a burst of cold wind and rain blasted my face, stinging like little needles.

Coruscant is so gorgeous at night, even if it is cold and raining. With all the lights everywhere from advertisement signs, traffic lights, and speeder signals moving and flashing like tiny little stars. You can see no real stars of course, Coruscant is far too bright and polluted for that kind of thing.

I smiled, staring down at all of the beautiful lights. Sometimes I think I?m the only being that loves Coruscant?s metallic, technological beauty.

?Jaina!?

I turned around at the sound of that familiar voice. It was Jacen, my twin brother, all of sixteen years old. As usual he had sensed my presence in the Force and had come looking for me. Sometimes he could really get on my nerves. He certainly couldn?t see Coruscant?s nighttime beauty. He always comes looking for me thinking I could only be out here at night because I?m planning a conspiracy or planning to run away or something. It?s quite smothering. Jacen can only see beauty in animals and trees and stars and all those kinds of things. He just doesn?t understand.

?What?? I yelled over the wind and rain, letting the frustration and annoyance I was feeling show in my voice. Maybe he would take the hint and go away.

?What are you doing?? Jacen trotted up to her, wrapping his arms around himself. ?Gosh it?s cold out here.?

?Go away. I want to be alone.? I said, perhaps a bit coldly.

?How come??

?Which part do you mean, the ?go away? part or the ?I want to be alone? part??

?Both.?

?Okay, I want you to go away because I want to be alone. I want to be alone because I want you to go away.?

?That doesn?t make sense.?

?Shut up.?

?You shut up.?

?You.?

?You.?

?You infinity.?

?You infinity plus one!?

I shook my head. ?Uh-uh. You broke the rules. Whoever says ?You infinity? first, wins. You can?t say ?You infinity? longer than infinity.?

?Can so.?

?Can?t.?

?Can.?

?Shut up.?

?You shut up.?

?You.?

?You.?

?You infinity.?

?You infinity plus one.?

?Ugh! Go away!? I yelled, frustrated. She and Jacen?s ?word fights? would go on forever if one or the other didn?t put an end to it. It was usually her that ended up putting her stubbornness behind her and ending it. Well?most of the time.

?Come on, what?s bothering you sis??

?None ya?. And don?t call me ?sis?.?

?Why not??

?Because I hate it, bro.?

Jacen laughed. ?Okay, okay. I get your point. Really though, what?s bugging you??

?You are.?

?You know what I mean.?

I gave a huge dramatic sigh. ?Oh, you know, the usual. The demands of being one of the new Jedi Knights. The pressure of being the Chief of State?s daughter and all of the publicity that goes along with that. The weight of being the daughter of well-known heroe

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That definitely sounds like siblings! LOL Nice response to the challenge. :)

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Brothers!

The twins are certainly acting their age here...and for the record, your first sentence was bad. And in this case that's good.

[face_grin}

oldj

[face_pumpkin]

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Healer Leona
    That definitely sounds like siblings! LOL Nice response to the challenge.

Yeah, I should know, I've got eight siblings. [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

oldjedinurse
    Brothers!

The twins are certainly acting their age here...and for the record, your first sentence was bad. And in this case that's good.

:D

oldj

ha ha! Thanks oldj! Big hug for you! [:D]

5. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    That first line was Horrible! :D

But a very fun and sad little fic. (because Jaina is going to lose that family)

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    My first sentence sucked? Why thank you! [face_laugh] That sounds so weird...

7. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    OMG! Awful first sentence, I almost walked out on this story, don't even give me a reason to list what's wrong with that first sentence...oh yeah, you should have made it sour milk.
    :D Just kidding.

Great viggie M_K! (I've given up calling you Mere_K cause I think you're not getting the Olsen twin reference i was going for:D )
    You did an awesome job of creating sibling animosity, reminded me of my own brothers (not me, I'm the innocent one)

Excellente' =D=
    P.S.-thanks for the PM; gotta make sure I'm catching all the good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.