main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    <snif> poooooor Obi.

:_|

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    :eek: Ekk has it been that long since I posted here!

I havn't forgoten this story, I have just been wicked busy. (working 7am to 5pm then 9pm to 10pm ugg. This is the last week of that thank goodness!)

Starting Monday I am on vacation for a few weeks, but I am sure I can post from where I am going ;)

I am woring on a post, should be here by Saturday, and thought I would up it in case anyone missed some.

3. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sorry this is so late. I was over worked all of April and away in May (so far). Now I'm back and had a big shot of SW at Indy soo..
    The awakening of the captives remained the most important task of the group gathered in the containment lab. Reeft seemed to be the only one of the revived who was strong enough to even stand yet. "I am sure pleased to see the three of you," The Dreslian padawan said with relief in his voice.

"We are pleased to see you as well Padawan Reeft." Master Windu affirmed. "And that you are in one piece."

Reeft continued to help Serra in her efforts. Tem-Jun and the Lady Jedi recognized what they were doing and helped as well; the first one they revived being Padawan Izen. When they opened the unfortunate young jedi's capsule, Obi-Wan gingerly put his light saber next to him and discreetly backed away.

Master Windu was trying to raise Master Sho on his com-link. The other jedi had by now hopefully rounded up the pirates' leadership. "Sho, we have located the young ones." He informed. "But there are other captives here. More than we can deal with ourselves."

"You may call the Corellian authorities now," Sho's voice came back. "It appears that the Cryuknot pirate clan is not as fierce as their reputation. Most of them dropped their blasters and ran."

Of course it had only been easy to subdue them because it was jedi doing the subduing.

"If you and Master Ibess can be spared," Mace suggested. "You should locate us and make your way here."

"What could be more important than keeping an eye on or friends?"

"If they are secure," Mace knew that there were enough other jedi to keep an eye on the pirate leaders. "It may be best for your padawans if you were here."

There was no response from Master Sho; the pirate leaders were in custody; the other jedi could handle them; his duty lay else where. He and Ibess were on their way. Indeed within minutes the two masters had found them.

"Young one you are safe!" Master Bin Ibess rushed to hug his padawan a bit too tightly.

"I missed you too Master..." Reeft wheezed out. "But I like to breathe as well."

The jedi master let up on his greeting. "Are you all right."

"I will be."

While this scene of reunion was going on another master over looked his apprentice. Master Sho's eyes were full of worry seeing Izen struggling to breath after being given the antidote. He had been the most recently hibernized; he should have been the easiest to revive, yet he still struggled. "Why is he like this?"

"It is part of the awakening process." Tem-Jun told the concerned Sho.

That did little to assure Izen's master. "No, there is something else. Something is wrong."

Serra had been tending to another person, but now she realized that it had been a longer time that Izen had been struggling to breath. She thought back on what little medical training she had taken, which was more than some of the jedi standing there. She did not have the force to tell her but after only a little thought something occurred to her. "He's allergic to the antidote!" She bellowed out. "He's going into shock, we need to find something to counter act it..."

Someone else had already gone across the hallway to find that something. Obi-Wan who everyone had practically ignored, had realized moments before Serra had what was going on. He had the force; he quickly found an anti-histamine. No matter how annoying Izen had been Obi-Wan wouldn't want him to die. He was on the way out of the lab as she was on her way in. "Here, this is what you need."

Serra took the medicine, saw what is was, and loaded the syringe as she went back. She injected Izen with what would hopefully keep him from dying. The young jedi's breathing was erratic for a few more minutes, but he was still breathing. Slowly it eased and became more regulated. Master Sho never let go of Izen's hand the whole time. How much the jedi masters worried about their young surprised Serra, after how they seemed to ju

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Welcome back, and what a wonderfully long post! I liked the way both Obi-Wan and Serra were thinking of leaving each other, and yet feeling as though they had to stay together. And poor Obi-Wan! His hopes raised and dashed so cruelly! Reeft was funny, I liked the way he thought that the reason he was so perky was because he was hungry and wouldn't mind something to eat. Izen sounds like he's in a bad way, though. I liked the way Obi-Wan returned his lightsaber and backed away before the boy was fully awake.

Who will be the next Jedi that Obi-Wan runs into? Can't wait to find out!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awesome post Jodi!!

I really felt bad for Obi-Wan as he saw how much the Master's cared about their Padawan's and how he thought about Qui-Gon being the one who should have taken him but was now dead.

Like Jane I liked how both Obi and Serra were thinking of the same thing and the last thoughts of Serra being that Obi would leave her in a heartbeat to rejoin the Jedi is not going to go away.

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  7. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Mace need to get beat up for being so mean to Obi. That was great Jodiwent. Can't wait to read more. :)

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great post Jodi!!!!

My heart just breaks for this Obi-Wan, he has lost so much! I would love for karma (or how ever the word is spelled) to come back and bite Mace right in the rear!

It also rang so true when Serra and Obi were thinking so alike yet didn't want to hurt each other, I think most of us have been in a simular situation.

More would be so wonderful!!!!!!!

9. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, I just feel so bad for Obi in this fic. He wants to be a jedi so bad.

I have a feeling that once Serra thinks about what happened, both with rescuing the people and with what Obi said to Mace that she will decide to return home. Where will that leave poor Obi?

This is really good, but really sad. I really hope something works out for Obi in this fic.

10. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    yup some sad things happen to Obi in this fic, but in the end you'll be happy ;)

And in the sequel you'll be even happier...

It's kind of the opposet of the 'real' Obi. The Obi in this reality gets his bad stuff in his early years, and good stuff when he is older.

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    After note : I was in such a rush to get this posted (since I was way late for work :p ) that I forgot to spell ck it. So please forgive any glairing mistakes.
    For the first half of the flight back to Meyer's farm Obi-Wan and Serra barely said a word to each other. Obi-Wan sighed more than once. He finally broke the silence by saying. "I'm glad we're getting further away from those jedi."

Serra nodded half hearted. "Yhea." She wanted to tell him that he needed to resolve his feelings about the jedi, but she was going to wait. Instead she asked Captain Lance how he felt.

The man had recovered enough to sit up. "Better than I did back there." After observing the young man flying the ship he commented, "You're a fairly good pilot, who do you work for?"

"Work for?" Obi-Wan asked in return. "I don't work for anyone."

"Oh. So where did you learn to fly? I can see that you're not security forces. If you're not Cor-sec or merchant, what kind of pilot are you?"

"I'd rather not get into that right now."

"Oh." For a moment the captain wondered if he hadn't fallen into the hands of more pirates. Then he reasoned that the jedi wouldn't have left him with pirates. "You're not Corellian, are you?

"Sorry No," Obi-Wan said with a smile.

"Too bad." The Corellian man was really an extraverted person. He was friendly and continued to question Obi-Wan and Serra. "What about you young lady?"

"No I'm not Corellian either."

"So what brought you two here?" His question made the two teens look at each other uncomfortably. How were they going to answer that one. "You seem to be a bit young to be running around rescuing people from pirate lairs on strange planets." Again Serra and Obi just looked at each other. Not answering was awkward, but they didn't know what to say. "You two brother and sister?"

"NO!" Both teens made clear.

"Well if you told me about yourselves, I wouldn't have to keep guessing."

"Let's just say our families didn't quite approve of our relationship." Serra's answer stopped Lance's questions only for a moment. "I'd tell you kids you should go back to your homes, except I know what it's like when your family doesn't approve of the person you love." He felt woozy again. "I better lay back down, I think."

"A very good idea," Serra agreed. She knew that when they got back to the farm, many questions would have to be answered. "Do you think we should land at the farm, or closer to the town?"

"The town?" Obi-Wan had been paying more attention to his flying than any of the conversation that had been going on. "Why would we land in the town?"

"The doctor is there."

Obi-Wan had been intent on reuniting the man with the children that he forgot that Captain Lance needed to be looked over by a doctor. "The town I guess." He began to think of the events that had taken place just before they had left the farm. "We're going to have to be ready to run if we need to."

"We don't have to you know."

"Don't have to? Have you forgoten something?" Obi-Wan began to worry. He lowered his voice so their passenger wouldn't hear. "Your uncle put a price on my head."

"We can deal with that."

"Deal with it? What are you talking about?" We deal with it by not getting caught."

"Of course," Serra said not all that convincingly. "That's what I meant."

It wasn't what she meant, but she couldn't bring herself to tell Obi-Wan that she wanted to call her cousin for help. Help to call off her uncle, and help to get them back to Alderaan. She did mean 'them', she did not want to leave Obi-Wan behind. The question was, how was Obi-Wan going to react to what she wanted? She had to think of a way to convince Obi-Wan to return to Alderaan with her.

When The ship's engines changed tone, the older pilot knew they were landing. He had no idea where they were so he didn't know how long of a flight it should have been. Lance was surprised when they were not landing near Coronet City, but in Farm Town. "Why are we l

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, something tells me that Obi-Wan and Serra are getting closer to breaking up. I liked the way Captain Lance got a look at the ship, asked if they'd brought him in that, and then fainted. So, how does he know charming young Doctor Acantha? He doesn't seem to want to know her again, trying to hide his face and everything. I'm looking forward to the happy reunion, though! :)

13. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Interesting... great post!

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Up.

I may not post for a few days, this week a family problem is ongoing.

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'll second Jane's question of how Capt. Lance and the doctor are aquainted???? Hmmm, a mystery...

Take your time Jodi... hope things are ok.

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Captain Lance didn?t know where he was when he awoke. He vaguely remembered being at the doctor?s office. She had said he was fine. But something was wrong. His head felt like a ship had just passed through it, and he could not focus his eyes correctly. He couldn?t see the faces of the two small people who were looking at him from the bed next to him, but he knew who they were by their voices.

?He?s waking up.?

?Jeri said we have to stay quiet. He needs to sleep.?

?No I don?t.? Lance sat up, turning so his feet touched the floor. ?Not when my little winds are here.? He opened his arms; his children jumped up and ran to him.

?Daddy!? They squealed.

?Tailwind, Turbulence.? They buried their faces on either side of his neck and all burst into tears of joy.

?We knew you?d come back for us.? Tailwind sobbed.

?We knew it,? her brother echoed.

?Everything is going to be all right now.? As the words came out of the man?s mouth he knew they were only partly true. Everything further than a yard away from him was blurry, including the three people standing in the doorway. For a pilot site was everything. But for a father his children were more important.

?Look,? Turby said exuberantly. ?Our Daddy?s waked up.?

The three teens tentatively approached.

?How are you feeling?? Serra asked.

?My head is throbbing, but I don?t care. Nothing else matters but these two.? Captain Lance hugged his children again. ?I don?t know how to thank you for taking care of them, and finding me. I?m still confused about how you knew where to find me.?

?It was Ben, Daddy,? Tailwind explained. ?He?s a jedi.?

Obi-Wan closed his eyes at the child?s words. He held his tongue, it wanted to shout, ?I?m Not A Jedi?, but he kept quiet.

?Ben? Who?s Ben??

?I am.? Obi-Wan was now close enough for Lance to see the boy who answered. He could have sworn the girl who had been with him and the jedi had called the boy something else.

?Well thank you Ben.?

?You should thank Jeri,? Obi-Wan said. ?She?s the one who revived you.?

?Yes, I remember that, Thank you,? Lance paused, he knew she had been called by another name by the dog faced boy. ??Jeri.? Serra nodded in response. Lance continued, ?So who is this other young Lady then??

?I?m Teema.?

?She helped Ben save us from the mean people,? the little girl told. ?She?s been taking care of us.?

?Mean people? What mean people?? Lance seemed agitated. ?The doctor said something about scriffs, were scriffs threatening my children??

?That?s a long story,? Serra diverted the conversation. ?Right now you need to rest.?

?Jeri, you?re not going to make us leave now?? Turby asked with a worried face. ?Not now.?

?No, you two can stay with your father.? Serra told them ?But he has to lay back down for a while.?

?Is that a direct order?? Lance joked.

?Yes, it is,? Teema jumped in.

?Ah, the admiral and the sergeant,? Lance teased as he swung his feet back up onto the bed. The children sitting in his lap, being as small as they were, went along for the ride. They giggled and snuggled closer to their father. No one had the heart to move them, so that is how the reunited family fell asleep.

?Can I take a peek at my new guest?? Meyer met the three teens as they were exiting the recovering man?s room.

Serra and Obi-Wan hadn?t seen the older man walking yet. Both hurried to him. ?Should you be up??

?I?m fine.?

?It?s true,? Teema said. ?He was able to stand up the afternoon you left. We wouldn?t let him go out into the fields, but he?s been getting better.?

?But what about the children?s father? How is he?? Meyer wanted to know.

?I think we need to wait till morning to bother him again.?

?Sleeping is he? I guess I?ll wait.? Meyer looked a little sad. ?Wanted to ask him if he minded sticking around here for a while. He?ll probably want to buy a new ship and take the kids with him.? He looked at Obi and Serra. ?These two aren?t farmers, they?ll be taking off.? He looked at Teema. ?This one has been the best help I could have asked for

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Uh oh, sounds like all is not right with Captain Lance. And I suppose correcting his eyesight will cost money. Still, at least he's reunited with his family, and it sounds like Serra has a plan for helping both Meyer and the 'scriff' kids. But what about Obi-Wan? They really do need to have a talk.

18. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, i dont know how i missed those last two posts.

I just love this fic jodiwent. And I will definately continue reading now that you've given confirmation that things will be turning around for Obi.

Not that I wouldn't have continued reading anyways :p

And a sequel....woohoo! :D

19. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Hmmmm..... I'm thinking that Captain Lance is more than what he appears to be!! He's definitely not a "Scriff"!

20. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Hm... Good post!

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sorry this is short. There may be more later tonight.

"Why are you telling everyone we're staying?" Obi-Wan was fuming. He and Serra had gone off to a quiet part of the farm to talk alone. "You're acting like you want your family to find us."

"That's not true," Serra denied her real feelings. "I just don't want to run."

"Have you forgotten why we are running? People are looking for us."

"That doesn't mean they'll find us."

Obi-Wan shook his head turning his back to Serra. He was racking his brain trying to figure out why Serra was saying what she was saying. Serra was trying to figure out how she could tell Obi-Wan that she wanted them to fo back to Alderaan. She was sure of one thing, if she told him now he would run. She was torn; A part of her was still milling over the fact that Obi-Wan still wanted to be a jedi and would leave her if he could have that; The other part of her still saw the young man she loved standing in front of her. She wanted to comfort him.

Obi-Wan felt Serra's arms wrap around him from behind. She draped herself around him like a sash, right hand over his shoulder and the left one under, hands clasped in the front of his chest. "Would it be so bad to stay here and help?" Her head rested on his shoulder.

Obi-Wan took Serra's affection to mean she was in the mood for something more. He turned and kissed her passionately and began groping her more than she cared to be groped at the moment. She was smart enough to know that this was not the way to patch up their differences. This feeling was only reenforced when Obi-Wan snuggled her face with his and whispered, "Whatever makes Mrs. Kenobi happy."

Serra turned her head away. "Is this all it takes to make you happy Mr. Kenobi?"

"Pretty much Mrs. Kenobi," Obi-Wan responded honestly and tried to continue his moves.

"There's only one problem," Serra said in a way that told Obi-Wan there really was a problem.

"Which is?"

Serra pulled away. "I'm not Mrs. Kenobi."

"But..." Obi-Wan reached for her again. "We, umm, you know..."

"That doesn't make me your wife Obi-Wan!" Serra's words hit Kenobi worse than any strike could. Her next statement completed the one two punch. "It was a mistake." She hadn't meant to blurt it out like that, but she had.

"A mistake?" Obi-Wan repeated, all the usual bravado gone from his voice.

"It was wrong. We both know it."

"But we love each other," Obi-Wan said these words like a plea, looking into Serra's eyes. "How can that be a mistake, or wrong?"

Serra somehow had the strength not to cave in no matter how convincing Obi-Wan sounded. "We are not married. No matter how much you wish it to be right, it's not."

"So now what?" Obi-Wan asked, "Do you want me to leave?"

"No, that's not what I want at all."

"Then what do you want!" Obi-Wan snapped then regretted. He asked again in a deflated tone, "What do you want?"

"Right now all I want is to stay in one place for a while, and help those kids."

"Then that's what I'll do too." Obi-Wan conceded as he rolled a small pebble in the dust with his foot. "For a while." He started walking out towards the fields.

"Where are you going then?" Serra wondered.

"Somewhere where I won't be tempted to think about doing something we both know is wrong." Obi-Wan had said this as a dig at Serra. She understood that he wanted to be alone; she should not follow; she went back to the house and the others to talk about their plan to turn Meyer's farm into a place for runaways.

Obi-Wan wanted to be alone at that moment; inside he felt alone, but alone was the last thing he really wanted to be. He knew what Serra had said was right. It was just another blow to his ego. After once again being rejected by the jedi he was being rejected by her. She had said she didn't want him to go, but she sort of said she didn't want him. At least to him it seemed that way.

"Arrrrg!" Obi-Wan growled. "I don't want to think about this anymore!" He picked up a rock and threw it. He picked up another, a

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Uh oh... sounds like things are really getting complicated between the young couple.

"Is this all it takes to make you happy Mr. Kenobi?" Many times yes Serra... and at least Obi-Wan did answer honestly!!

Great post Jodi!!! :) :)

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no. Poor Obi-Wan. Every time he gets his hopes up for acception, he's rejected. Poor Serra, too. She loves him, but he doesn't fit in the life that she's hoping for. Will they be found by her family if they stay here a few days? I'm almost hoping that they will ...

24. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh my, you are so hard on Obi :) I hope the poor guy is going to catch a break soon.

I recently suggested this fic to a friend too, i'm sure she will find it as engrossing as I have.

Can't wait for more jodiwent

25. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Or today... [face_blush]

?We?re not asking you to take in every single one of them,? Serra argued. ?I think we can handle ?? She turned towards her cohort. ?Teema, how many do you think we could handle??

?Well, there?s me, you, and Ben, and when Meyer?s well enough?? Teema milled the numbers in her head. ?I?d say five kids each, so that would make twenty.?

?So we could start out with twenty. I think we should start out with the littlest ones.?

?And some of the older ones to help too.?

?You two are so sure I?m going to say yes, aren?t you.? Meyer interrupted the two young ladies? discussion.

?How could someone so kind?? Serra started saying, turning towards the farmer.

?And generous?? Teema caught on to Serra?s plan to win over Meyer.

?Caring?? They advanced on the old man.

?Who was so good with these two kids that were just left here.?

?Who could show kids how to take care of plants.?

?And how to fix things, like that old speeder and that ship.?

The two girls were now hanging off either side of Meyer looking at him with puppy eyes. Serra asked, ?How could a nice sweet man like that refuse us??

?He can?t,? Meyer conceded. ?But he wants to know where you think we?re going to get the money to take care of only twenty little kids to start with??

The girls sank in disappointment. But Serra spoke up. ?If you say we can do this, I will make sure you have enough money.?

Meyer laughed to himself thinking the girl had good intentions but he knew she had no money.

?Jeri?? Teema gave Serra a questioning look. ?Conference time.? The girls scurried into a corner. ?How can you make sure we have enough money.?

?Teema, have you forgotten who I am?? Serra said this in a matter of fact way, not in a haughty manner.

?I thought you were hiding?? Teema seemed confused. ?How can you get to your money without being found.?

?I have a plan."

?Does Ben know about your plan??

?No, and I don?t want you to tell him either.?

?That doesn?t sound like a smart move.?

?It?s too much to explain right now, but I have to do what?s right for these kids.?

?What about what?s right for you??

?Think Teema, how else could we do this.?

Teema didn?t have to think very long. ?I think we could do it, but it would be a lot easier with a princess? help.?

?Then you won?t think it terribly arrogant of me to use who I am to help?? Serra was looking for an earnest answer.

Teema gave her one. ?We can help more kids if you are Serra rather than Jeri. But Ben, he?s not going to go for this, is he??

?I don?t know.? Serra looked down at the floor. ?I hope he will. He?ll know in a few days anyway if I do what I think I?m going to do.?

?You think you can change his mind in a few days??

?I have to, if I don?t he?ll....? Serra didn?t want to finish her sentence but her new friend knew what she meant. If she didn?t get Ben to change his mind, he would leave.

?These kids are going to be lucky to have you on their side.?

?They'll be just as lucky that you?re on their side too.?

To the surprise of all three in the room the next thing they saw was Captain Lance. He was feeling his way along the walls until he reached the door jam and tentatively walked in. "Mister Meyer?" He asked.

"That would be me." Meyer answered. "I didn't think we'd meet until tomorrow."

"I should have never let these kids bring me to Farm Town. When my children said your name, I had to come out here and clear a few things up."

"All you need to do, is get better." Meyer went to guide Lance back to the room.

Lance evaded Meyer's help. "You don't remember me do you Mr. Meyer?"

Meyer looked at the Man. He wondered if this was some weird effect of the device the kids had said he had been trapped in. "Should I? I never met anyone named Lance Heller I remember names very well."

"It may be the beard, but when you met me you didn't bother to find o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.