main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Obi-Wan eventually fell asleep only after he felt Serra?s presence again. ?Perhaps she?s making a trip to the fresher.?

The fresher was closer to his room than hers. ?Maybe I should make a trip myself and intercept her.?

That thought faded fast, he could sense another person was with Serra. ?With my luck Meyer, is following her like a watchdog.?

It was not Meyer whose presence he sensed, though; it was Dr. Acantha?s. The two women went straight to Captain Lance. He and the children were fast asleep.

?Children,? Serra whispered. ?The doctor has to look at your Daddy?s eyes. Go to the other bed and be very quiet. We don?t want to wake everyone up.?

Tailwind got up and rubbed her eyes. She was very good about doing as Serra had requested, and shuffled tiredly over to the second bed in the room. Turby however was oblivious to everything. The little boy was still draped over his father like a human blanket. It was when Serra lifted the tiny one off of his father that Lance awoke. He could not see who was taking his son away so he sat up.

?What are you doing?? Lance said with a booming voice.

?Shush,? both women bade.

?It?s the doctor, Captain Heller,? Serra explained. ?She needs to see what?s wrong with your eyes.?

The groggy man comprehended and calmed down. Serra placed the boy, who never woke from his rock-like slumber, next to his sister. His sister watched the doctor examining her father. The doctor had attached the retinal scanner over Lance?s eyes and let the machine search for the problem. A series of short beeps followed, then there was a longer one. Acantha checked off something on her data pad.

More long beeps followed. Each time the doctor marked it down. The look on her face was not one that seemed hopeful. When that scanner was done she removed it and took out another one in the shape of a wand.

?Stay very still, please,? Acantha requested. She proceeded to take the wanding device and scan the Captain?s head. There seemed to be a spot just behind and above the ear that interested her. Another device was placed at that spot. This allowed the doctor to see inside of Lance?s head to the source of the problem. She saw where she wanted to see, and didn?t like it.

?You are a very lucky man,? Dr. Acantha told Lance. ?Lucky that this young lady came to see me tonight.? She began to mark the place on his scull where she was going to begin a procedure.

Serra was thinking to herself that he might be luckier than the doctor knew. She had only gone into town to find a com-link. Maybe something else had led her to the doctor?s office, maybe what the Jedi called the Force. While she had watched the doctor examine Captain Lance she remembered that Obi-Wan had told her that the Jedi healers could do most of that without instruments.

?I need to tell you something before I proceed,? the doctor addressed Lance again. ?You have a blood clot pressing on your optic nerve. It could go away by itself, but I believe if I don?t dissolve it now, you could lose more than your sight.?

?So what are you waiting for?? Lance asked.

?You have to say I can.?

?Like I said, what are you waiting for??

?Nothing, now.? Dr. Acantha took out another device that looked more menacing than it was. It looked like a blaster with a cone shaped barrel. At the center a pointy appendage looking like a blunted needle stuck out. Lance looked at it nervously but said nothing as the doctor put that pointy part up in the center of the marks. ?The most important part of this is that you keep still, so don?t jump when you hear it.?

?What ever you say, Doc.?

Serra could hear the pulse of the sonic disintegrater from where she was. She was glad it wasn?t up against her head, but Lance didn?t even budge. A few minutes later the doctor was checking with the visual scanner again.

?Got it all,? Acantha pronounced and began putting her things away.

?I still can?t see right,? Lance said.

?You won?t until the rest of the swelling goes down. Go back to sleep and I?ll c

2. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Thanks for the post jodiwent :)

Things are not too good between Ben and Serra right now, too bad. I thought they made a cute couple. I'm sure you have something really good in mind for him tough :D

Ben, the pancake man :) That whole domestic scene was very cute and realistic. As Ben was making them I found myself thinking of the box of frozen ones in my freezer that my daughter adores :) I'm like too bad they don't have any of those, lol. It was a valiant effort on Obi's part though. He can make pancakes for me anytime.

Can't wait for more jodi!

3. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    There is a link to Leona's story on the first page now. That has the answer to some of your questions. But the Obi I got this Obi from doesn't come in utill the middle of that story when Qui goes to the other reality.

4. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Oooooooooh! Duh! I started this fic so long ago that I had forgotten about the tie in from Leona's fic [face_blush] Sorry.

That does explain a lot. Don't mind me.

Still looking forward to more of this fic though :)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Make that Ben the 'icky' pancake man.... :D ;)

I was glad the doctor was able to help the captain and dreaded when Teema informed Obi-Wan of 'Jeri' going for the doctor alone. Like shanobi, I loved the whole domestic scene!! :) :)

Fabulous post Jodi!!

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Aw. Cute post!

7. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    more posties please.

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sorry this is short.

"Me too," Turby added.

"Sure you can," Meyer answered. "They look so good I think I'll have some myself."

Obi-Wan could not resist asking, "You could put a few in for me too."

Meyer smiled and obliged by putting quite a few of the frozen breakfast cakes in the heating unit. While they were enjoying the results Captain Lance made his appearance. Obi-Wan could feel Meyer have an internal clench when the man came in. Meyer was afraid; afraid that Lance would whisk his new-found grandchildren away. They hadn't even told the children about that yet. The children just knew that their daddy was back. Whey they saw him again they rushed to hug him.

"We're having pancakes," Turby announced through a sticky face.

"I can see that," Lance said as he wiped his shirt where that sticky face had landed.

"Wo-o-ould you like some?" Meyer nervously asked.

Lance glanced at Meyer, some of the fire in his anger had faded but it was not entirely gone. He still took the old man's offer. "Yeah, I'll have some." He sat next to where the kids had returned. He was starving, he probably would have eaten almost anything at that point, maybe even the goop that Obi-Wan had made.

"Speaking of seeing," Obi-Wan deftly brought up the subject. "Did the doctor help you with that?"

"I got here without falling down," Lance quipped. "Didn't I?"

Still, when he reached for the syrup container to pour on his breakfast he knocked it over. Obi-Wan's quick reflexes saved it. "Well it's not perfect, yet. You're pretty fast, kid; you'd make a good pilot."

The captain's statement pleased Obi-Wan. The young man started to wear a smile. Just then Serra popped her head back in the door. "Ben, we're getting ready to go," she said. "Are you ready?"

"Nice of you to let me know your plans this time." Obi-Wan spoke sarcastically. The two teens disappeared into the main room. Teema was there, she was ready to go.

"So, how are we going to do this?" Teema asked.

Obi and Serra looked at each other. Obi-Wan spoke first. "If we take Meyer's speeder we can bring about three at a time."

"That's not many," Serra pondered. "Maybe the doctor will let us use her speeder. She has to examine the kids when they get here."

"You have this all arranged don't you?" Obi's question didn't get a response. He continued, "Have you considered that this woman could find out who we are? And now that I think about it, we can't go back to the city to look for these kids. That gang is still there."

"I had some kids from there in mind," Teema interjected. "We could find them on the way to the farms instead of the city."

"That sounds like a good idea," Serra approved. "I'm going to ask the doctor if we can use her speeder."

Serra disappeared for only a minute. When she returned she informed Teema and Obi-Wan, "She mumbled yes, so I'm taking it as a yes."

"We better get going, everyone will be nearing the farms just about now."

Teema bolted out of the house and Serra followed. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and followed the girls despite the way they were totally ignoring the fears he had voiced. It was almost as if Serra wanted to be found. Kenobi ignored that feeling and didn't bring it up to her. He felt as if the girls were not going to listen to any of his suggestions that day anyway. Teema jumped in the driver seat of Meyer's speeder and Serra jumped in the passenger side of the doctor's. At least she was going to let Obi-Wan drive.

"Follow me," Teema called out. "I know where the transports drop a lot of the kids off."

Meyer's speeder pealed out and Obi followed. They headed out to the farm that they had walked away from only a few days before. They were in luck, the first transport was just letting kids off just outside of the farm's gate. The transports couldn't bring the kids onto the farm's property, that would be illegal. By letting the kids out in the road they were covering their own behinds. The two speeders zoom

9. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    LOL you'd be surprized what a lady likes in a man obi.... and brave and efficent can indeed be great qualities. LOL

Fun post hope more follow soon!

10. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Actualy I just sent a longer post to be betaed soooo I should post it later.

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Four of the five kids jammed in the back seat meant for three kept looking behind from where they had sped off from. They wondered if the farm boss would be following them. The other one, who happened to be the little brother, instead had planted his face in-between the driver and the front passenger. He tilted his head looking from Obi-Wan to Serra with curiosity.

"My name is Tyshawn," the little boy peeped. "Who are you?"

"I'm Jeri." Serra seemed to have no problem with her adopted name.

"I'm Ben," Obi-Wan hesitated. He knew he couldn't tell anyone his real name, he just didn't like the idea of possibly having to live his life being called Ben. 'If those darned Organas would just recant their stupid lies, everything would be fine.' Even as he thought it he knew that was not the end of his problems. His own family would be looking for him, and one of them would like nothing better than to have him locked up. 'I can never go back to Alderaan. Oren would see that I never live in peace.' A part of him missed his mother and his brother but it did not over ride his fear of going to some detention center because of what he had done to his step father. As he was thinking he barely registered the little boy's chattering and Serra's answers to that chirping.

"Isn't that right Ben?" Serra knew Obi wasn't listening. "Ben, oh Ben. Are you receiving?"

"Huh?"

"We're taking everyone to a great place right?"

"Oh right," Obi covered. "Great place." 'If you want to be a farmer.' Even with Serra sitting right next to him, and despite her 'you're my hero' kisses, Obi-Wan felt an itch that he knew one of these days he was going to have to scratch. He didn't want to be a farmer, he never did, he never would. It was great that Serra wanted to help these kids, he wanted to help them too, but the lure of the stars and traveling to a new place was pulling on Kenobi's heart. The only thing that kept his feet firmly planted on the Corellian soil was his feelings for Serra. At that point in time those feelings were still stronger than the call of the stars.

When they reached Meyer's farm the kids in the doctor's speeder jumped out to join the kids that had been in Meyer's speeder. They immediately told of how they had made their escape and the 'great catch' that Ben had made, and how for some reason the farm boss had listened to Ben when he told him to let go of Tyshawn.

While the excited group of kids talked among themselves Serra asked Obi-Wan a question. "Why did that trick of yours work this time?"

Obi-Wan shrugged. "I guess it only works if it's something important. Or maybe I still believe all that mumbo jumbo from the Temple about not using the Force for frivolous things."

"So trying to get into a club on Alderaan is frivolous and saving a kid is noble?" Serra teased. "There is still a Jedi somewhere in there."

After saying that Serra got out of the speeder and joined Teema who seemed to be trying to organize the kids somehow.

"Where's the grub?" one asked.

"Yeah, you said there'd be food," another said.

"There is," Temma said. "It's just not ready just yet."

"And you have to be properly introduced to your host."

"We haven't been properly introduced to you yet."

"That's Jeri," Tyshawn pointed to Serra. He turned to Obi-Wan and pointed at him. "That's Ben. And we all know Teema. Can we eat now?"

The commotion outside the house brought out the people from inside. Meyer was first. He was a little shocked to see so many kids in his front yard, but it still brought a smile to his face. "Well, will you look at all of you."

Tailwind and Turby came out of the house at the same time as their father and the doctor did. They ran over to where Meyer was meeting the other children while the adults stayed by the door. They knew most of the other kids.

"Hi Turby," Tyshawn greeted the other boy who was his age and size. They conversed beneath the chatter of the bigger kids and the adults.

"Hi Tyshawn," Turby returned the greeting.

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    :) Great post!

13. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    OSU Obligatory shameless uping :D

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I felt bad for Obi-Wan's difficulty with agree that the farm was a great place but loved that he told Tyshawn his real name...
    "I don't think I could remember all that, Ben." Then he winked at Obi-Wan as if to reassure, 'your secret is safe with me.' ---awww that was cute!!!

15. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Wonderful posts jodiwent ;)

I love how you seem to really take your time and let things develop on thier own. I think that Obi-Wan is starting to feel the same way that Serra is also. That perhaps their destiny is not together. I hope that they will part on amicable terms, i'm sure that they will--if they both can see that.

Captain Lance's comments about Obi being a good pilot made me feel good as well. It seems Obi gets looked over alot in this life of his, it's nice that someone took notice of the skills he does have. I really an anticipating this happy ending that you've promised us--no rush to get there though. I love these little domestic scenes and interludes. They add so much more depth to the story. Keep up the great work jodi, and please do pm me when you update agian :)

--Shan

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Meyer knew he had made the right decision when he had let the girls think they had sweet-talked him into their idea. He would have never been able to pull something like this off without the kids who had swept into his life. They had not only saved him from his accident, they had saved his very soul. He had been a lonely man trying to work his old decrepit farm and fix a few things for people in the town, before they had come around. Just before Ben and Jeri had found him pinned under the ship he had been ready to give up on everything. Now he'd found his daughter?s children, and if their father took them away, he had other children he could help. They in turn would bring joy back into his life. He would not end up alone in the end no matter how many years away that would be.

The kids had consumed the food like a ravenous pack of sand panthers and had moved on to relaxing on the lawn. The smaller ones played. This was not something that they often engaged in. They were usually working on one of the industrial farms or trying to survive back in the city -- in that life they had little time for play.

Obi-Wan and Serra even took time to relax. The tension that had been growing between them seemed to take a hiatus. For a few minutes they lay next to each other watching the puffy clouds above them. Obi-Wan reached for Serra?s hand and she didn?t pull away or scold him this time. On hearing some of the children laugh, Serra turned over to look at them. Obi did likewise, changing his hand to her back at the same time.

?Look at them,? Serra said. ?They look so much happier than on that other farm.?

?Anyone would be happier to be away from that place.? Obi-Wan noted.

They watched the children play and all seemed in contentment until two wrestling kids rolled into them. It seemed that the two boys' playing had gotten out of hand and the fight had turned into a real one.

?You did that on purpose Rando,? one of the boys shouted at the other.

?You started it, lame brain,? the boy called Rando retorted.

?You better stop calling me that or??

?Or what??

?Or I?ll knock another one of your teeth out,? the other boy threatened. ? Gap Tooth.?

?Dubban,? Rando said with a shove. ?Don?t you call me that!?

?You called me a lame brain.? Dubban shoved Rando back.

?You?? Before Rando could finish his sentence he felt a hand pulling him back. Obi had grabbed him while Serra grabbed Dubban.

?That?s enough,? Obi-Wan said authoritatively. ?There?ll be none of that here.?

It felt odd to Kenobi to be breaking up a fight rather than being in one, but he knew that things like this would ruin Serra?s plans if it got out of hand.

?That?s right,? Serra added. ?You two shake hands and apologize.?

?Are you kidding?? Dubban pulled away from Serra?s grip. ?Apologize to that poodoo head??

?And no more name calling,? Serra demanded. ?You two are friends, you shouldn?t treat each other like that.?

Dubban now looked embarrassed. Serra?s manner made him feel as if he should act better than he had been. ?I?m sorry, Lady Jeri.? He swallowed before speaking again; ?I apologize to you Rando.? The young teen held out his hand for the other boy to shake.

The other boy still looked a bit mad at the whole thing. Obi-Wan tightened his grip on the younger teen?s collar as if to say ?you?d better comply?. The message was clear enough. Rando had the feeling he would rather do things Jeri?s way than Ben?s. ?And I apologize to you Dubban.? Obi-Wan let loose of Rando so he could shake his friend?s hand.

?There, isn?t that better than fighting?? Serra asked.

?Yes Milady,? the two boys sang out in unison.

?There?s none of that Milady stuff here either,? Serra told them. She said it so all of the children could hear. ?I?m just Jeri, I may be a little older than you but I am not any different or better than you.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. ?Not any different??

?But you are a Lady, Jeri,? Dubban said.

?Anyone can see that,? Rando added.

?I?m a long way from my home and fami

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Anybody out there?

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    upping in case people are missing this.

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    I'm here! Late but still here! Poor Obi. Great post.

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh...Illie's certainly a quick one. I liked her observations including ?Or maybe you are as rude as you seem.? . Can't blame Obi-Wan for wanting to keep things a secret.

Superb post Jodi!! :) :)

21. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Wonderful post jodiwent! Sorry it took me so long to get here.

Ben and Serra really seem to each be going their own ways. I hope they communicate before one or the other (more than likely Ben) does something foolish.

Loved the comradery between the boys and Ben, even though they were teasing :D It was cute. Nice job and I can't wait for more.

--Shan

22. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  24. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  25. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I havn't forgoten this one either, didn't realize it had been that long since I posted here. Back in Nov. is when I started getting the stupid hives. I am working on a post for here.

I'm going to S.C. next week, hope to post before I go. I don't know what the comp situation is going to be but I will have time to write things out at least!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.