Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Dang! Like Jane I was floored when his 'friends' cheated him...and Ms. Nameless...couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Of course this is only going to make him trustpeople even less...

Great posts Jodi!!!
  2. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Btw thanks everyone for reading and responding to this new story. I don't want to neglect my other ones but this is in my head now.(non spell checked post)
    -------------------------------------------
    The ride back to the farm was silent, except for Zero who asked every five minutes if it was all right that Obi-Wan was still indeed a foot within his person. Owen watched his brother as they drove, he did not know how he knew or why but something in Obi-Wan had changed. The bravato that had increaced, the pride that had made his rudeness worse since Oren had belted him had disapreared. The teen agers ego was thouroghly deflated. He did not even crack a smile or enjoy Oren's aggrivation at Zero's constant wuestioning.

When they reached the farm Oren just looked at Obi-Wan, shook his head and walked off. The boys knew they had work to do. The only thing Obi-Wan said was to Owen, he looked at his brother with a remorseful face.

"I'm sorry Owen, I didn't mean to leave you there alone."

"It's okay." Owen might have given his sad brother a hug, but he knew better. "I know you didn't mean it."

Not meaning it did not make it any better and Obi-Wan knew it. He wanted to make it up to Owen, he'd be nicer to his little brother, he would not take his frustration at Oren out by yelling at Owen anymore. Still he did not want to get too close, after all at the end of the season, he was running away.
    (TBC)
    I had less time to write than I tought. more later.
  3. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Two great posts! The change in Obi-Wan is quite sad. I guess it's good though that he'll be treating Owen better. Must go, meant to be studying.
  4. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi, Obi, Obi you have definitely learned your lesson the hard way! Open yourself up to Owen, I think you'd be surprised by just how much good it will do you!

More!
  5. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    So that's why he won't let himself get close to Owen and why he keeps trying to keep Owen from carring about him.... duh, it was right infront of me and I completely missed it! Cool. Sooo the bravido is broken...hmm not sure if that is good or bad, it was the way he was dealing with his pain... has he found a better way or no... I am glad that he will be treating Owen better... PLEASE Post again sooon I can't wait to see more developement.

Thanks for the intreaging story. Good Work!
  6. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yes, someone's balloon has definitely been deflated.

Obi's learning the real world is alot harder than what he was use to in the temple.

Excellent post Jodi!!
  7. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor Obi-Wan! He sounds so defeated. You really described the change in him well. I especially liked the way he wanted to make it up to Owen by not shouting at him anymore, then told himself not to get too close because he was going to run away soon.
  8. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    When the sun was going down and Alderaan was rising, Obi-Wan and Owen stopped their work and headed back to the house. The older brother was not ready to face their mother yet, he went to the garage to work on his swoop again. Trina Lars knowing how Obi-Wan thought was there waiting for him.

"Trying to avoid me Son?"

Obi-Wan was not used to being called that, the only thing he ever wanted to be called was 'Padawan' or one day 'Jedi Knight Kenobi'. He did not know how to be a son, apparently the jedi did not think he knew how to be those other things either. All because he fell for the the trap set by Bruck Chun and because Master Jinn's heart was too closed to see that he was not the same a his failed apprentice.

It was that failed apprentice who had taken advantage of Qui-Gon's own anger to defeat him. Obi-Wan told himself over and over since he had heard about Jinn's death that if he had been there with Qui-Gon, it would not have happened. Maybe it would have, maybe Master Jinn was destined to fall to the dark side, if he had become his apprentice what would have happened to him?

"You reek of that awful place, how could you leave Owen alone to go there?"

"It wasn't like that..."

"Then why don't you tell me what it was like?" Trina asked in a tone that she had rarely used on Obi-Wan. "You had no business even being in the tavern."

Obi-Wan stood silent, he didn't want to tell her what had happened. He still felt like a fool for being so mislead.

"If you only knew how disappointed I was when Oren told me where he found you, what type of person you were with, and what you were engaged in."

"Of course he couldn't leave that little detail out could he?" Obi-Wan said under his breath.

"Why should he? Your behavior today... I can not defend you today Obi-Wan."

"I never asked you too."

"So how do you think I should punish you?"

"Just being here is punishment enough." Obi-Wan did not mean to hurt his mother, but that was the result. Trina closed her eyes tightly, trying to keep her tears in. Did Obi-Wan really hate his family as much as it seemed. She knew that her son's behavior had gotten worse lately. When he had first arrived on the farm, he was not overjoyed, but he was not the angry, rude, boy with a bad attitude that stood before her now. Her husband was no better, his attitude towards Obi-Wan seemed to have escalated as well. The two of them were like two nec dogs locked in battle, neither would back down. Obi-Wan provoked and Oren responded. She loved them both.

Trina composed herself and pronounced her punishment. "No swoop for a week."

"What!"

"You heard me. That means you don't ride it, you don't work on it, you don't even wash it."

"You can't be serious." Obi-Wan could not believe what he was hearing. He hemmed hawed, and made faces. His mother was not going to change her mind.

"That starts right now. Tell your best friend here," She patted Obi-Wan's swoop. "good-bye for a week." Obi-Wan made another face and stomped his feet. "The next time you behave like you did today it will be permanent."

Trina pointed to the door, Obi-Wan huffed and walked out of the garage. Trina was right behind him. They went into the house where Oren and Owen were already attacking supper.

"Well come on you two your foods getting cold." Oren was actually in a good mood. He must have gotten some good news. "Trina this is delicious, you've out done yourself today."

"Thank you Oren." Trina sat down and started to fill her plate. "At least someone thinks I can do something right."

"I do too Mommy." Owen peeped. "You made my favorites today."

"Well you had a long day today."

Obi-Wan was already out of the kitchen.

"Obi-Wan!" Oren shouted after him. "Your mother made some of your favorites too, you could at least show some appreciation and sit and eat with us."

"I'm not hungry, I don't want any."

"You don't want any..." Oren was about to go off on a tirade, but his wife stopped him.

"Let him be Oren, if he doesn't want it, he can go without."

Owen was wo
  9. Meredith Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOW! I just found this and I absolutly love it! Poor Obi-Wan! I really want to give him a big hug and tell him that I care about him. Thats so sad that his family is that way. I can sense the tension building though. I can't wait for more!
  10. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    "He had every intention of taking his twenty credits and hopping the next cargo ship going where ever."

uh, I take it the intention is just that, an intention... what happens? Please post soon with more!!!

Ah, obi... Merideth is right it sure seems like the tension is building. 20 credits doesn't sound like it will go very far... I wonder what a credit is worth?

Any way please please please post jodiwent!!!! Pleasze!
  11. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan made his way to the center of the farming colony, that was where any ships coming or going would be. At that point in time, he felt totally unloved and unlovable. The things he had heard Oren say rang in his ears: 'I wish we could give him back to the jedi' 'We didn't have all this arguing before he got here'.

When he thought about it he wasn't even sure if he thought that highly of himself either. That was the worst part. He still had not gotten over how he had been so fooled that day. 'Maybe that was why the jedi didn't want me.' Kenobi thought. 'I'm such an idiot.'

<If you do not believe in yourself who will?> Obi-Wan heard a faint voice on the lonely road.

"Who's there?" The teenager turned around fearing an ambush. "Who are you. What do you want?" But there was no one there. "Great now your hallucinating."

He kept walking now with a little more intent.

<You must believe.> He heard the voice again. Local legend said this road was haunted. Now he ran, if a ghost were talking to him, he didn't want to know about it. He had turned off all of his extra seances he did not hear the ghost of Qui-Gon Jinn say, <Or you will suffer the same fate as I.>

Obi-Wan was never so relieved to see the little town that was the hub of the moon before. The only two places that had any activity this late at night were the tavern and the space port. Despite the defeat earlier Obi-Wan wondered if he could make any more money there maybe the three swindlers hadn't told anyone he was under age or a jedi. Twenty credit wasn't going to get him far. "Well, here goes nothing." Kenobi strolled into the tavern as if he went there every day. It did him no good.

"Hey you!" Rovin Tagins yelled from behind the bar. "You can't be in here." Before he knew it Obi-Wan found himself being picked up and bodily tossed back out the door by Travlin and Bass.

"And don't come back here you little cheater."

Cheater? He had not cheated. He was the one who was cheated. In the short time he had been inside, he saw that the three who had used his jedi skills to their advantage were there. It seemed like their money was still good there. He could imagine them telling the Tagins brothers 'We had no idea he was a jedi, we'll never let him shoot here again.'

Obi-Wan figured it was best if he just went on to the space port. He wanted to sneak on the first transportation off that rock. He didn't care what kind of ship it was.
    (TBC)
  12. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    WoW! Jodiwent now I'm wondering what type of ship it is too.

Let's see that Kenobi sense of trouble sping forth again!

Kithera
  13. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll bet it's either going to be a convict transport to Kessel, or a smuggler's ship that gets boarded by the authorities, or maybe it's going to be a regular transport that gets boarded by pirates...I can't wait to find out what Jodiwent has in mind for poor unloved Obi-Wan. That was so sad, the way he heard Oren say "I wish we could give him back to the Jedi" and then reasoning that even his mother didn't love him or want him because she had given him to the Jedi in the first place. I liked the voice that spoke to him on the road and told him to believe in himself. Was it really Qui-Gon?
  14. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Two great posts! That scene with Oren and Trina (sp?) arguing was excellent. I'm also wondering what kind of transport he's going to stow away on, if he can that is. And why is he hearing Qui-Gon?
  15. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    It may have been night time, but people were still around the center, especially the space port. Obi-Wan didn't know if he should just walk around looking as normal as possible or if he should be totally sneaky and not be seen. Maybe he could fit into one of the groups of young adults and older teens he saw hanging around at the cafe' in the waiting area. From there he could see what ships were going, when and where. He made his decision and walked into the front door. What he wanted was right there above the cafe' counter, a info screen that told people all the flights out of there. There was one that told which ones were landing as well but Obi-Wan had no interest in that one.

As Obi-Wan sat there he began to think about his predicament. He had twenty datataris to his name in the pocket of his heavy farming pants. The only other thing he had were his boots, and the blue velvet shirt his mother had made for him. Maybe he had been a little hasty in taking off now? 'No I can't go back there.' He told himself.

"Hey, what have I told you kids?" An older woman who ran the cafe' asked Obi-Wan, who didn't know because he had never been there before. "You don't buy something, you don't sit here."

"Oh, yes, um." Obi-Wan stalled he had to read that screen. "I'd like a..." 'What ever the cheapest thing is.' "Hot chocolate."

"And?"

"And what? That's all I want."

"Big spender." The woman huffed as she went to get Obi-Wan his drink. "Farmer's kids."

Did he reek of farmer now, Kenobi wondered. If he was on Coruscant would the locals all know and cry out : 'Farmer's kid, farmer's kid.'

He scoped out the monitor for the out going ships. Nothing was leaving anytime soon. 'That stinks.' Obi-Wan thought. 'What's that one? That's interesting. Corellia might be good, it's not Coruscant but it's not a back water.' How he wished he could really go back to Coruscant. He missed his bustling home, but if he went back there he knew where he'd end up. He had no intention of becoming a lower level bottom feeder no matter how insecure he felt at the moment. 'There's one to Candrillia as well, that's a rather tame planet, I don't think I'll be going there.'

As Obi-Wan looked over his options. He heard a voice to the side of him, a voice he did not expect to hear.

"Well look who it is girls." It was Miss. Nameless. Obi-Wan turned to see her and her associates with three young men that Obi-Wan knew only vaguely. "Isn't it past your bed time farm boy."

"Don't call me that." Obi-Wan snapped.

"You still got any of those credits left? We'll make a farm man out of you." They all laughed at Obi-Wan's exspence. "That is if your Daddy's not around the corner."

"Go away."

"But we haven't finished our business." They laughed again. "I'm sure these guys wouldn't mind waiting."

"What part of Go or Away did you not understand?"

"Hey kid." One of the young men got into the taunting now. "You can even have one on me if you can't afford it."

Obi-Wan just ignored him, it was obvious they were all drunk. He just scrunched up and took a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Really kid, I'll pay for it but you have to let us watch." They were all laughing at him and other people who knew him had heard. This time he could not hold back. Obi-Wan stood and turned his eyes looked darkened. The young man never knew what hit him as the ex-jedi let loose with the force and slammed the jerk into the wall tend feet away. Miss. Nameless screamed. Most of the crowd was in shock, how had he done that? Obi-Wan stood there a ball of rage waiting for one of the other men with the 'ladies' to start fighting him. They were all scared out of their minds. The kid hadn't even touched the guy.

"Anyone else want to have a go?" He looked around and snarled. "I'll show you some farming techniques."

One of the racing crowd who had been there warned Obi-Wan, "Hey, Jedi... the enforcers are heading this way."

Obi-Wan nodded a thanks for the warning and he slipped out to the docking bay where the ship headed for Corellia was. When he reached it
  16. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh obi... <shakes head sadley> what are we going to do with you. Boy do you need a hug! can't say I much blame obi's dislike of his company but... darkside not good. At least he doesn't crave it and he stopped as soon as he realized... course the warning of the enforsers probsably kind of helped.

Missed his flight to correlia...sooo now what.
    I like serria, glad she happend along. Obi needs a friend and she looks like a good canidate... looks like maybe she'll see what owen was talking about. Poor walll looks like it needs some more duraplast or whatever...

More more more ...please.
  17. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You're spoiling us Jodiwent!

Poor Obi-wan, he does need a hug (and I bags doing it!!!!!). Poor Kid, if he stopped beating himself so much about things that happened so long ago perhaps he would be happier now.

Or perhaps not

Kithera
  18. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Spoiling us yes, but we love it!

Jodi, you've written such amazing insight to this Obi-Wan...so full of hurt and sadness.

My heart aches right along with him.
  19. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Oops I forgot to put this song at the end of that post. I don't know how much more to give away... Obi still has some bad luck ahead... but I think he's just about at his low point here. I need to work on my other stories today, a little bit later.
    (sorry for spelling and missing words, no spell ck. here)

'Cry For Love'
    -Iggy pop

'Status seekers I never cared
    Once I found out they never dared
    To seise the world and shake it upside down
    And every stinking bum should wear a crown.

Saying I cry for love, till all the plates are broken
    Cry for love, untill my eyes are soaking
    Yhea I cry for love on every (single) morning
    I cry for love, cause imitation's boring
    Cry for love.

Bad t.v. that insults me freely
    Sitll I know what I'm dying to see
    Been searching for a meaningful embrace
    Sometimes my self respect took second place
    And I Cry for love I didn what my heart told me
    Cry for love, on every (single) morning
    Cry for love, cause imitations boring
    Cry for love

Children cry for love and whipe out when it hits em'
    (?) give love, and nobody admits it.
    If you cry for love, that's okay don't sweat it
    IF YOU CRY FOR LOVE THERE'S STILL A CHANCE YOU'LL GET IT
    Cry for love

20. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great posts Jodiwent! Obi-Wan's reaction to his use of the force in anger was quite realistic I think. He's just got so much hurt etc.

Excellent post. That song was quite appropriate too I think.
  21. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    yup. Liked the post and forgot to ask... is the guy he through into the wall going to be okay? and plesase post again soon.
  22. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor Obi-Wan. I liked how you described him hitting the wall in anger, and then crying all the tears he'd held in for two years, and how you said that he had no one to guide him just at this point in his life when he needed it the most. What a surprise when Serra showed up, and didn't seem to hold him in contempt. He must have really betrayed his own depression just then.

Yes, I have to ask too, will that man be all right, the one that Obi-Wan sent flying? And what will happen to Obi-Wan now? Serra said she wouldn't call the enforcers, but will Obi-Wan just go home, or will he try again to get on a transport? And will the ghost of Qui-Gon come back?
  23. JediKnightZarc Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh I love this story! I just feel so bad for Obi-Wan. Great last couple of posts by the way! More soon?
  24. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a feeling that Serra could be a very good friend to Obi. Hmm, I like the touch of Qui speaking to Obi through the Force. (although I'm disappointed at the same time - I kept holding out some hope that the news Obi heard about his death was actually wrong but *alas* it's not so!)
  25. Meredith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, poor Obi! I knew something had to give soon. Its a shame he's treated this way by his family and everyone, but hopefully this Serra will be good for him.

I know what you mean Jedi_Master_Gimpy, I was thinking the same thing about Qui-Gon not really being dead. Obi-Wan could really use him right now...but Qui talking to him through the force was a nice touch.

More soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.