Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Remember this is a different reality. In H.L.'s story 'our' Qui-Gon goes to this reality. I think I'll put the links to that here tomorrow.
    "What's it to you?" Obi-Wan muttered. "You just think I'm a jerk anyway.

"Well when you act like you have been lately what do you want people to think." Serra asked.

"That's right I'm an irresponsible twit who leaves his little brother alone, a trouble maker who starts fights, a bad influence an other kids."

"So now you've moved up to attacking people and defenseless walls?"

"How do you know that was me?"

"From the description of who they are looking for."

"So you've been looking for me?" Obi-Wan looked worried.

"No I'm just doing my job, girls got to make a living and I don't make enough at the sport center so..."

"I didn't mean to hurt that guy."

"You don't mean to do a lot of the things you do, it seems. Your lucky he has a thick skull and you didn't break his neck. Your still in a heap of trouble."

"So why are you here blabbing to me? Why don't you call the enforcers."

"Because, I was talking to a little boy yesterday. One who seems to think a lot of you."

Serra watched as the confident cocky kid she had seen lately seemed to sink inside of himself and breath unevenly as if trying not to cry. "Maybe he's mistaken." All she saw now was a scared and lonely boy. "Maybe I'm as rotten as everyone thinks I am."

"Hey, I don't think your rotten."

Serra did not know why but she found herself wanting to comfort the kid she had wanted to knock up side the head the day before. To her surprise Obi-Wan let her give him the simple hug he had been needing for a long time. "I do think you have a major attitude problem."

Obi-Wan laughed as he cried on her shoulder. He did not know why he trusted her, he latched onto her as if she were life itself. "Hey now, there is a person under all that gruff."

Obi-Wan was not ready to talk just yet, he just needed to be held by someone, anyone. He was however glad it was Serra, she had so reminded him of his friends at the temple. He missed them so much, more than he had ever admitted to himself. The jedi had always taught him there was no such thing as a coincidence, maybe the force was still looking after him. He had just not been listening.
    (TBC)
  2. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    awwwww... yup there is a person under all that gruff and it looks like he found what he needed.

And yup obi, maybe the force is still looking out for you and you deffenetly haven't been listening... kind of hard to listen when your full of anger and fear, those two tend to yell louder and make it hard to hear anything else like the force, like a little brother who adores his big brother, and a mom who loves him but is just caught in the middle of two strong willed people that can't get along despite her love for both of them, and people that could be potential friends and...
  3. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent post! I'm glad he's finally starting to realise a few things.

So is he still going to get on one of the transports?
  4. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awww, what a great post! I loved the way Serra finally saw the sad and lonely boy behind the facade. And I was so happy that Obi-Wan let her hug him. That's just what he needed.

Now don't tell me. Somebody's going to come in and catch them with their arms around each other.

Post more soon!
  5. JediKnightZarc Jedi Master

star 3
    ::sniff:: that was soooo good. I can't wait to see what happens next. Is Obi going to go back to the farm? I think that would be very difficult and I would hate to see how Oren reacts. Anyway, a great post! More soon, please!?!
  6. Meredith Jedi Knight

star 1
    AAWWWWWWWWWW! I love this story...i can't wait to see more.

UP!
  7. nitid Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jodiwent, you are wonderful! You show us Obi-Wan's emotions in such a compelling way that we feel along with him. If Obi-Wan goes back to the farm, he's going to have to eat major humble pie. What's he going to do? I would've liked to see him in a swoop race...
  8. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    When Obi-Wan relaxed and let go of her a little, Serra asked him if he wanted talk. "So you want to tell me just why have you been more of a jerk than usual?" She had a grin on her face so Obi-Wan took it in the light manner it had been intended. They sat on the floor and talked.

"Why?" Obi-Wan thought, there were so many reasons why. "Oren Lars, I hate him."

"Hate is a fairly strong statement."

"Do you know about the last swoop race?"

"Everyone knows about the last swoop race, it's not everyday the enforcers drag over fifty kids into the detention unit."

"Don't tell me that's what all this is about."

"Not quite... " Obi-Wan took a deep breath, it had been a long time since he had opened up to anyone. "When the enforcers got there, some of the kids parents were with them. Oren was with them... the other kids parents who showed up there got to take them home."

"So did you go home with Mr. Lars?"

"No, he told the enforcers that a night in the detention unit would do me some good." Obi-Wan's face curled up in anger. "Of course before he let them take me he couldn't resist belting me one in the face, and believe me that man can hit hard. I had a black eye for two weeks."

"He hit you?" Serra was a bit shocked. "Didn't the enforcers do anything?"

"Yhea, stopped me from hitting him back." Obi-Wan huffed.

"Oh I see, so why have you been so rude to everyone else?"

"It's not something I can explain."

"Owen said something about the jedi... You were going to be a jedi, weren't you."

Obi-Wan nodded, if failure had a look, it was on his face. "yhea, I was."

"The man who should have been my teacher was killed a few days, I still can't believe it, no matter how mad I was at him, I wouldn't have wanted Master Jinn dead."

"That's so sad." Serra said. "So your not going to be a jedi, so what?"

Obi-Wan knew someone who had never been a jedi wouldn't understand. "How would you feel if, from the day you were born you were supposed to be something, trained everyday of your life to be that something, wanted to be that something, thought you would die if you didn't become that thing... And then, one day, the people you think of as your family tell you, you're not good enough, you're not not wanted... "

"It would be awful, but you are here with your real family now."

"My real family." Obi-Wan snickered, with a grin, shaking his head. "You know what Oren told my mother tonight?"

"I have a feeling it's not something too nice."

"He said he wished he could give me back to the jedi."

"Gee it sounds like you'd like to be sent back to the jedi." Serra tried to get Obi-Wan to laugh at the hurtful thing that Oren Lars had said. "I don't understand, he's so good with Owen."

"Owen is his son." Obi-Wan said bitterly.

"You're his son's brother, and his wife's son, doesn't that mean anything?"

"To him? Just that he's responsible for me till I'm eighteen. To make sure I don't run amuck and do too much vandalism." Obi-Wan laughed thinking of the wall he had mangled and the man he had thrown into another.

"He's not doing a very good job is he. It's not funny."

"I know, but I can't help laughing. It's all so absurd. For a year I took care of myself fine. I never had such bad luck till I got here."

"You were on your own for a year?" Serra had never heard this before.

"Yhea, after I ran away from..."

"The jedi, I thought they sent you here? If you wanted to be a jedi so much, why would you run away from them."

"Not from them, from the agri-corps. That's where they send you if a master hasn't chosen you once your thirteen."

"So what was wrong with being in the agri-corps."

Obi-Wan laughed again

"What's so funny?"

"I ran away from the agri-corps because I wanted to be a pilot, not a farmer. Now I'm a farmer anyway."

"So what's so bad about being a farmer?"

"Nothing, if your a farmer... I am not a farmer, and never will be."

"So you want to be a pilot?"

"The only thing stopping me is my age."

"So you think you'll be one when you're old enough?"

"
  9. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, Jodiwent, that was great! The way that Obi-Wan opened up and told Serra how it was, and then the way she put her neck out for him and saved his hide. Great! I liked the deal at the end, too. I'm worried about what's going to happen when Obi-Wan gets home, though. Please write more soon!
  10. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah me too jane jinn I'm also woried about what will happent when obi descovers all the mondy he's been saving to try and follow his dream of becoming a pilot has been "borrowed"

Thanks for the long post! please post again soon.
  11. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    What will happen when he gets home?? Hopefully he will keep his word to Serra. So it's looks like he'll be staying there for a short time longer at least, but will be stay?? Great post!
  12. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Oustanding!!!

I believe Obi's right about the Force still looking out for him. It brought him Serra. I'm glad to see her take the time and effort to go beyond the angry exterior Obi-Wan puts up.

Too bad she didn' have him stay with her instead of driving him home.
  13. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Serra's speeder could be seen for a while down the road before it reached the farm. Trina Lars was waiting at the point where the road passed the house. Obi-Wan's mother looked more worried than perturbed. Trina did not question why he was with Serra, she knew that this was the young woman who had kept an eye on Owen while his brother had gone off.

"Where have you been?" Trina said in a calm tone. 'We've been looking all over for you this morning."

"All over?" Obi-Wan was about to make a smart mouthed remark, but he remembered his promise to Serra. It was going to be hard to keep. "I'm here now." He said climbing out of the speeder. He walked around the vehicle so that he was now standing next to Serra and his mother could not hear what he said. "I don't suppose I could get a good-bye kiss?"

"Obi-Wan." Serra whispered back with a grin. "I'm going to be your friend, but not that kind of friend."

"Why not, you're not that much older than me?"

"That has nothing to do with it."

"Can't blame me for trying?"

"No but don't think that way anymore."

"Well thanks for everything anyway." Obi-Wan sighed. At least he had a friend now. "Sticking up for me and all."

"It was my pleasure."

"Obi-Wan go wait inside." Trina did not know what her son was talking about to Serra but she wanted to thank the young lady herself. She waited for Obi-Wan to go inside, and she went to talk to Serra. "I want to thank you for looking out for both of my sons."

"They're both nice boys, you should know that."

"And just how much trouble is my eldest 'nice' boy in?"

"You don't have to worry, he was in a bit of trouble, but it has been dealt with. You should know he's promised to try and not be as... much of a problem as he has been lately."

"I have never thought of Obi-Wan as a problem. He has been troubled lately, that is all."

"Mrs. Lars can I ask you something?"

"I have a feeling you'd ask anyway."

Serra blushed, Obi-Wan's mother was a smart woman.

"Do you know why Obi-Wan tried to run away last night?"

"Because I told him he could not ride, or work on his swoop for a week. He's very attached to that machine."

"No, that's not why, well not the main reason."

"Oh?"

"You didn't know that he heard what Mr. Lars said last night?"

"My husband says a lot of things that often upset my son."

"Specifically, when he said that he wished he could give Obi-Wan back to the jedi." Serra minced no words.

"Obi-Wan was in his room... He heard that?" Trina closed her eyes and let all of her breath out. She would never want to hurt her son, and she knew that Oren often said things without thinking first. "There is one thing that my son and my husband have in common. They are both stubborn, proud men."

"Last night I did not see a stubborn, proud man. I saw a scared, lonely, and very hurt boy. I know it must be hard for you to be in-between Obi-Wan and your husband, but if you don't clear this up you will loose your son."

"You do not tell me anything I don't already know. I am glad that you are his friend now. He hasn't made any friends here."

"You can thank Owen for that, something he said to me yesterday made me take a chance on Obi-Wan. Now I have to get back to town."

"Yes of course, thank you again for bringing Obi-Wan home."

Serra nodded and turned her speeder back to town, she was going to be exhausted when the end of the day came. She hoped again that Obi-Wan would keep his promise and try to be himself. She hoped that Mrs. Lars could get Oren and him to at least be able to stand each other. She remembered all the bitterness in Obi-Wan's voice when he had said, 'Oren Lars, I hate him.'
    (TBC)
  14. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    What a difficult situation. Trina is ignoring some obvious facts about Oren. It's quite sad really. Excellent post!
  15. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good post. Like always. Hope trina is able to tke Serra's advisse (I like serra she's good for obi!) I hope obi can keep his promise to Serra, he will have a trial of it. And I realy really really hope you post again soon!!!
  16. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It must be hard for Trina, being caught in the middle. She obviously loves Oren and maybe she doesn't see the hard side of him. (I'm guessing here, but it's possible that nobody ever told her that he was the one who gave Obi-Wan the black eye?) I'm glad Serra did not mince words, and told her exactly why Obi-Wan had run away. I'm worried about what's going to happen when Obi-Wan meets up with Oren again this morning. Oh, dear! But I'm so glad that Obi-Wan has an ally, and it was sort of funny the way he asked if he could have a kiss, and said she wasn't so much older than he was. Keep up the great story, Jodi. I'm hanging on every word!
  17. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    "Obi-Wan! Where did you go this morning?" Owen asked his big brother, who bumped into him with a hug. "I didn't think you were coming back."

Obi-Wan didn't know what to say to Owen, he just gave him a hug back. As he did he saw Oren standing in the doorway. Oren had a sour look on his face, As far as he was concerned he wished Kenobi had goten on a ship and not come back. Oren wished Owen was not so attached to Obi-Wan, he knew as soon as he was eighteen the kid would leave, maybe even before.

Obi-Wan saw just how hard Oren had been looking for him, not too hard. He was waiting for the useual insult from his step father's mouth. It never came that morning, Trina had made sure that if they found Obi-Wan she would be the one to talk to him, and that Oren was not going to say anything that would send him running off again. Now that she knew Obi-Wan had heard what Oren had said the night before, she would be even more adiment about it.

"So you're back I see." Oren had to say something, it was not in his nature to be silent.

"Isn't that great Dad? He's not run away, like Mom thought."

"Yhea great." Oren said raising his eye brows. "Just great."

Obi-Wan was still waiting for the other shoe to fall when his mother came inside.

"Come on son let's get going, your Mom has to talk to Obi-Wan." Oren and Owen went out to the farm work leaving Obi-Wan and Trina alone.

"I understand," The mother started. "That you over heard what Oren said last night."

Obi-Wan just looked at her blankly. He was still not sure what to say to any of them, least of all his mother. He wanted to shout out 'How can you stand him!'

"What if I did."

"You can't take what comes out of Oren's mouth so much to heart, he says things he doesn't mean."

"Doesn't mean?" Obi-Wan shook his head. "You're defending him again"

"What am I supposed to do, I love both of you."

"No don't lie to me, You feel like you have to be responcable for me that's all."

"What make's you say such a thing?"

"You left me with the jedi when I was only a week old. You thought I didn't know you never took me home at all."

"I left you with the jedi because of Master Yoda, because you belonged there..."

"Oh yes, I belonged there so much that they just kicked me out."

"Not this again. You have to get over the fact that you aren't going to be a jedi. Don't blame everyone else for that. It was your fighting and such that got you sent away from the temple. When are you going to take responcibility for that fact."

"Master Jinn could have taken me, he never even tried to..." Obi-Wan was tierd of going over and over what had happened. A part of him knew some of what his mother said was true.
    (TBC)
    (got to run)
  18. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    She's definately ignoring Oren's behaviour! It's not like Obi-Wan is being a model child, but he's still just that a child, sort of. Owen's reaction was great, and how Obi-Wan returned the hug, I'm sure Owen was surprised.
  19. JediKnightZarc Jedi Master

star 3
    You know I really love this story...just thought i'd say in case you didn't know =)

Now I'm wondering whats going to happen next...is Oren going to say something to Obi? I personally want to go up and give Oren a good wack up side the head...he deserves it.

More soon?

20. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    umm, this is hard. I understand trina loves them both, just wish Oren would give obi a chance and obi... but I know it's not to be... just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Loved the post but selfishily want more. soooo please post soon!!!
  21. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    "Yhea great." Oren said raising his eye brows. "Just great."

I wanted to smack him when he said that. Poor Obi-Wan so full of insecurities.

Fabulous post!

22. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    You leave me absolutly speachless Jodi, this story is fabulous. I feel so sad for our poor boy and want to scream at the Jedi for the awful way I feel they have treated a young boy.

I was surprised that, at least so far, Oren has been fairly quiet about Obis return. A fact I don't doubt he will change as soon as he and Obi are alone.

I look forward to more and want to thank you for posting so frequently and with such wonderful posts!!!!!!!

Jodi... you are the tops!!!!!!!!
  23. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Oren and Owen were working in the field that was next to the hastily repaired razor wire fence. Oren shook his head thinking about it, how long would it hold up, and did the extra wire show up yet.

"One good rush by some heard of nerfs and that's coming down." Oren shook his head. "We won't have that problem on Tatooine. The farms there are moisture farms."

"What does that mean dad it sounds..." Owen wondered. "Sounds a little weird. How do you farm moisture, and who wants it?"

Oren laughed, and russled his son's hair. "No, you don't farm moistier son, you use a moisture system, you grow the plants underground and use binery evaperators to take the moisture out of the soil. Tatooline is a desert planet."

"That doesn't sound like a good place for a farm." Owen sounded doubtful.

"It is if you want to suply the outer rim planets. It costs more to have it shiped in from even the mid rim, and never mind form here in the core worlds."

"They'll buy ours because it's cheaper?"

"That's right Owen."

Owen figured while his father was in a good mood, he might be able to tell him something that would make him not be as mad at Obi-Wan as he was. "Dad?"

"What son?" Oren was still examining the fence.

"You know the other day, when the fence got broke?"

"How could I forget that brother of yours is going to cost me a fortune if he doesn't stop being such a clutz, he's always breaking things."

"Well uh," Lar's son was trying to keep to his conviction. "You remember when Obi-Wan didn't want me to tell you something?"

"You want to tell me what he didn't want to let you say, you go right ahead and tell me." Oren was gloating, he thought 'Ah ha got you now.'

"Well." Owen squirmed. "What I wanted to tell you was." The boy looked at his feet, which he was moving around in the dust.

"Go on it's all right, I won't let him know you told me."

"It's not that Dad." Owen swallowed nervously. "He didn't want me to tell you..."

Oren nodded and motioned with his hands as if it would help the boy spill the beans.

"I was the one who broke the fence." Owen finally spit out.

Oren looked confused, he shook his head as if he had been halusanting. "What did you say?"

"I broke the fence, and Obi-Wan ran over and caught it before it could hit me in the face."

"Did Obi-Wan make up this fantastical story for you to tell me?"

"No Dad, it's what really happened."

Oren looke so disapointed, not in Owen, but that his preconseption of Obi-Wan was not living up to itself. "I'm glad you told me Owen. Your a good boy, you don't like to lie. you would have told me before if your brother hadn't presured you."

"So do you suppose, you could be a little nicer to Obi-Wan, Dad?

Oren sighed, he was cornered now. The one person in the world besides his wife he never wanted to get in bad graces with was his little boy. "If Obi-Wan doesn't misbehave, I'll try to be nice to him. Just for you."

"Thanks Dad." Owen hugged Oren. To him his father was the best Dad in the whole galaxsy. He also thought Obi-Wan was he best brother in the galaxsy, Trina the best Mother, and anyone elce that was his, just beause they were his. He was still young and happy with what ever came his way. He was not tired and worn down like his father yet. It would take years of farming in a desert to do that.
    (TBC)
    (Sorry for shortness and spelling)
  24. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What a beautiful paragraph. Most kids are like that, I think, happy with whatever comes their way, and thinking that everything they have is the best, just because it's theirs. Great description of Owen! But what a sad prediction for his future.

Poor Oren! Here he was, gloating already, hoping he could get Owen to say something horrible that he could use against Obi-Wan, and then Owen admits to breaking the fence himself. How disappointing for the old man! I liked how he promised not to be so hard on Obi-Wan only if the boy didn't misbehave!

Great story, Jodiwent. I'm already looking forward to more!
  25. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey jane jinn said everything i wanted to say... <sigh> well I will just add to her lovely responce a please post very very soon!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.