Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I totally agree with Jane.

Your insights into the innocent heart of Owen were just superb!

2. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    When you think about it, seeing Owen as a boy is quite bittersweet, and I think it's sad how although Owen's strict when he's older, he's definitely not as harsh as Oren. Perhaps he realises his father's faults later. Great post!!!!
  3. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    upping this thread so others can find it and give jodiwent feedback sooooooo that she'll post more!!!!
  4. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    It's so amazing to see Owen as a little boy, so sweet and well.... cute!!!
  5. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a sorry I'm not going to post here tonight, post. I will post tomorrow. I posted on LB's.

Work, work, work, and fighting off some kind of virus.
  6. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    "I'm not trying to come down hard on you son." Trina continued to tell Obi-Wan. "But you were planning to run away, were you not?"

"Yes, I was."

"What would that have solved?"

"I wouldn't have to listen to Oren and his constant criticism."

"I've talked to him, and I will talk to him again if I have to."

"You can talk all you want, he'll never accept me as part of his family."

"Is that what you want?"

Obi-Wan sensed that he was about to be set up in a trap of words. His mother knew very well that he would never accept Oren as a true parental figure. He did not want Oren's acceptance. He didn't know what he wanted really.

"I've gotten Oren to agree, I want you to agree, we will have some peace in this house." Trina knew Obi-Wan was never one to volunteer to give in. "I understand you made a promise to Serra, can't you make one to me as well?"

"All right." Obi-Wan reluctantly said.

"I wish, you would not forget all that the jedi taught you."

Obi-Wan nodded, he knew that he had to rethink how he had been acting lately. He realized that he had not been thinking at all. Maybe it was time he remembered all of his years of training. He had just been so disheartened when he had to leave the jedi, and it had only gotten worse.

Now he decided he would do his best to feel a little bit better about himself. He remembered how he had told himself he would not end up like Master Jinn. He would not let the dark side grow in him. It was going to be hard, he still hated Oren, but he would hold back, as much as possible, if his step father gave him a hard time. He still wanted to be in that race, he had a feeling this was one he was going to have to miss. There was always the next one. He still had to find out just how much money he had saved. Until he was really ready to run away, he would be on his best behavior.

The rest of the day went without any incident, Obi-Wan and Oren did their best to stay away from each other, thus kept their promises to Trina, at least for that day. Obi-Wan wanted so badly to work on his swoop, he kept away from the garage and any temptation to work on it. The teen took that time to do what his mother had wished, he knelt and remembered what it was like to meditate and be in tune with the force.

If he had taken the time before he might have noticed that the tree he knelt under looked out on a beautiful landscape. At this time of day it was even more so, the disappearing sun made the sky yellow and orange over the fields of the Lars farm. The slightly rolling hills and the road that stretched into the distance made a wonderful sight. He had never noticed how beautiful the moon he had been living on was.

Little Owen saw his brother knelling looking out over the fields, Obi-Wan had not yet shut his eyes he was so absorbed in the setting sun.

"What ya' doing Obi-Wan?"

"Right now I'm looking at the sunset."

"Oh." Owen looked at his brother again. He tilted his head and tried to figure out just what Obi-Wan was up to. He looked where his brother was looking. "It's the same sunset that's there everyday."

Obi-Wan smiled, of course it was to Owen, he had not ignored the sight as his brother had and now it seemed common place. To Obi-Wan it was as if he had never seen it.

"You done looking?"

"When I am done looking, I am going to meditate."

"What's that?"

"Well you relax and you get in tune with the force."

"Oh." The little boy began to swing on a branch of the tree, seemingly uninterested in what the older one was doing. He pulled his legs up and wrapped them around the branch as well. Then he let go with his hands and giggled as he swung upside-down from his legs. He giggled more when his shirt ended up around his head.

"What are you doing wookiee boy?"

Owen laughed again. "Do wookiee's really live in the trees?"

"Yes they do."

"You know a lot of stuff, huh?"

"I guess."

Owen bent back up to grab the branch and let go with his legs and plopped down out of the tree. He knelt next to his big brother mimicking Obi-Wan.

"What
  7. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Outstanding post Jodiwent.

I loved the way Owen climbed the tree then tried to 'medecake' till he got bored. That was too cute!

Wonder if he'll make it to the end of the week.

8. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    that was so sweet. I really liked the sceene it's nice to see the two brothers together. I wonder if Owen will be able to do it? and I wonder to what will become of obi-wan... I definitly see that when obi runs it's going to devestate Owen. I'm not looking forward to that. But I am looking forwasrd to another post! soooooo please pleasse post!
  9. JediKnightZarc Jedi Master

star 3
    Good job Obi! Remember where you came from.

Great post Jodi! Looking forward to more! =)
  10. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    "what harm could it do?" Interesting.

Excellent post! I hope he does make it the week, and hopefully continues after that. I think it would definitely help.
  11. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great post! I loved the way Owen tried to "medicake" and made those funny breathing sounds. I also liked the way Obi-Wan decided to try and feel better about himself, and not forget what the Jedi taught him. But how long can he last, being on his best behaviour? What's going to happen next to set him off? I can't wait to find out!

Is Owen Force-sensitive at all? Will Obi-Wan be able to teach him a harmless little trick like that? And is it really so harmless?
  12. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    The week passed fast and Obi-Wan did indeed keep to his best behavior. He did his work on the farm and did his best to stay out of Oren's orbit so as not to aggravate him. He and Owen kept their pact of meditating every day after their work was done. When there was any spare time Obi-Wan would take his little brother to the sport center and help him with his shooting. He may have had an ulterior motive of wanting to see Serra, he even helped her out around the center a few times. Despite her ammunition that she was only gong to be his friend, Obi-Wan could not help think that if she saw his good side she might change her mind.

What had amazed most of the people who knew Kenobi was that he had not shown up for the planning of the swoop race, he had not even signed up to be in it. He passed it off as being because of the cut on his hand. He would have raced even a few days after it had happened if he could, he did not want anyone to know that he had been grounded from using his swoop. He did plan on being there, and placing a bet on the outcome, and pushing for when the next one would be. He would be in the next one.

All the kids in the know were all waiting for the race at the end of the week. The only other thing that the young people of the farming colony were talking about was the dance that was going to be on the night before. The Kosaku family, the most influential family on the farming moon, had arranged for their children that the colony would have a dance for all of the young people. A few of the most popular bands from Alderaan had been hired to come there and play for it. It was only the day before that Obi-Wan worked up the nerve to ask Serra if she was going.

"Are you going to the thing tomorrow?" Obi-Wan asked.

"The thing? You mean the dance?" Serra asked him back.

"Yhea that."

"Sure, who isn't going."

"So I might see you there."

"You might."

Obi-Wan didn't have the nerve to actually ask if she'd go with him, so it was left at that. He might see her there. He hadn't planned on going before that, now he was going to spend half the day getting ready for it.

"Owen today we aren't going to meditate." Obi-Wan's statement disappointed Owen. "But tomorrow, after I go somewhere." He was careful not to let slip that there was a race on the only day farm kids got off of work. "We'll see if you have the potential to do that trick."

"Wow, I can't wait."

Obi-Wan wondered why this trick seemed to fascinate Owen, any time he had tried to show him things to do with the force, his little brother would remind him that Oren didn't like anyone around him to use the force. Obi-Wan still believed that what Oren didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Owen followed his big brother into the house and was underfoot the whole time that he prepared to get ready for the dance.

"Why are you getting out your good clothes?"

"Because I'm going to the dance."

"You are? Can I go?"

"Sorry, your to little."

"Oh." Obi-Wan went into the fresher to shave first, leaving the door open, so Owen sat in the doorway watching with fascination. "When will my face grow hair?"

"When your old enough."

"When's that?"

"It depends."

"Depends on what?"

"How fast you grow."

"Oh."

"Owen I need you to move."

"Move?"

"So I can shut the door."

"Then I can't talk to you."

"Well your darn well not going to get in the shower with me."

That got the younger brother moving, he took the hint and went off to find out what their mother was doing. When the older brother emerged from the fresher, he looked like every young woman's dream. He would turn more than a few heads that night. He was only interested in impressing one, Serra.

"Don't you look handsome." Trina told her eldest son.

"Really? Your not just saying that." Obi-Wan worried.

"You'll get a few of the girls to dance with you don't worry."

"You look like you should be on the holo-net Obi." Owen told him.

"Lock up your daughters." Oren put in his two cents. Everyone looked his way. "Well even I have to admit Obi-Wan look
  13. Meredith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awwww! That was great Jodi. Poor Obi! I can't wait to see what he does next...

Oh, I found the "Oren's orbit" rather amusing.

More soon?
  14. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    aw noo, poor obi. and he was being so good... and now there is no one to comfort him. He's not silly or stupid but I can see why he feels that way.... poor obi. And now he's going to think he's all alone again.. hope he still meditates with owen and that he still tries to see if Owen can do that "trick". <sigh> and the day started off so well for him. I wonder what will happen? hope you post soon!
  15. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Obi-Wan! I agree with Kaylla Norn, he was just starting to get things together, sort of, and now this happens. What's going to happen next??

16. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, no, Serra's engaged! I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I didn't expect it to be this one! What a blow! And Obi-Wan's been so good all week! I loved the way he took Owen to the entertainment center to help him practise his shooting, and the way he "may" have had an ulterior motive--seeing Serra. I loved the part where Owen was watching him get ready for the dance. Just like a little brother! It was funny when Obi-Wan said he had to shut the door and he replied,"Then I can't talk to you." And the way Obi-Wan looked like a trapped animal as the girl led him out onto the dance floor--that made me laugh! But now, all that preparation, and then he finds out that "his" girl is engaged! Oh, no! I really feel for him, and I'm afraid he's going to be so disappointed that he's going to do something very rash that he will regret furiously later.

What's he going to do, Jodi? Post more soon!
  17. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    As Obi-Wan sat next to the road, feeling sorry for himself, he could still hear the music thumping in the distance. He could hear all of the farming colony's young people having a good time. It was a while before he could stop sobbing.

'Here I am miserable again.' He thought as he dried his eyes. 'She told you over and over again you could only be friends, and she has been a good friend. What are you doing? Going to give up so easily?'

The teen aged boy was still felling the tremendous sting that his heart had just taken. He did not want to loose Serra as a friend, and if anything should happen that caused her to drop Mr. Universe there, he'd be nearby to rush in and fill the void.

'That's it! She's going to see that he's a jerk and...' Just as he was thinking his little fantasy, something real was happening. In the back of his mind the force was trying to tell him something, his friend was in trouble.

Serra was finding out that her betrothed was more that just a jerk. It was the first time they had been alone, without the benefit of his parents, or her grandmother chaperoning them. They like some other of the young couples had wondered away from the dance area, out of the sight of the enforcers and everyone else. At first she liked the attention he was giving her, kissing was nice. It was what he started to do after the kissing that alarmed her.

His hands were going in places she did not plan on him going until they were married. He was trying to get her clothes off of her. "Stop it Ramal!"

"Stop, I just started."

"I mean it, we're not going to do this now."

"Maybe you aren't." Ramal's voice had an edge that she had never heard before. "but I am."

Serra tried to get away from the man she thought she knew.

"If you are going to be my wife, and that's a big if, you're going to have to know how to make me happy."

Serra now panicked, what was he saying? She made the biggest fist she could and punched Remal in the face... he barely winced, and slugged her across the temple. Serra had only felt pain like that one time before in her life when she had been in a speeder accident and hit the dash board.

"Now you just stay there like a good wife and I won't have to hurt you again."

"Nooo!" Serra screamed, and tried again to get away. "Get off of me."

The fiend dropped his knee on her ribs winding her, he was a big man and she feared that she was not going to get away from him. He continued to press his unwanted attentions on her tearing at her clothes leaving her in an embarrassing state of half dressed.

"STOP!" She yelled again trying to scratch him.

The next thing she knew a figure came out of the darkness and tackled Ramal off of her. She tried to stand finding that her ribs hurt more than she realized. She looked over and now saw the large man pounding on Obi-Wan who was on the ground. Obi-Wan did not have a plan when he started this rescue and figured the guy would run off after he was thwarted. He wasn't quite thwarted yet. He landed a few good blows to Kenobi right off and the kid was down for the moment.

Ramal turned back to Serra who started to run. "Your not going anywhere." He grabbed her and threw her down again. "How valiant of your little friend there." He was on top of her again with even more intent. "May be he wants his turn, he'll have to wait."

"Why are you doing this?" Serra pleaded. "We're betrothed how can you..."

"Shut up! The only reason we are betrothed is because my parents arranged it. I've been waiting a long time for this moment dear. Your grandmother is not here to protect you now."

Serra screamed again, the loud music kept anyone from hearing her cry for help. Ramal thought he was in the clear, he did not know he was dealing with a jedi. Ex-jedi or not Kenobi still had the training, and now Obi-Wan knew what he was dealing with. The next thing the evil fiancee knew he was being slammed into a tree by no visible means. Obi-Wan had used the force again, this time not in anger but in concern and compassion for his friend. Ramal hit his head an
  18. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jodi, you always manage to surprise me! Here I thought Serra and Ramal were going to live happily ever after, and then he turns out to be one of those "hands-on" type people. Good thing that Obi-Wan was still halfway attuned to Serra and was there to rescue her. And now Serrra really does see that Owen was right, and that his brother is a good guy. What's going to happen next, though? Will Ramal use his influence to get Obi-Wan arrested for grievous bodily harm, or what?
  19. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    What a twist! I didn't expect that! But then again, the fact that she was betrothed was a surprise too. Excellent post! What's going to happen next??
  20. JediKnightZarc Jedi Master

star 3
    Jodi, WOW! Those last two posts were great! Obi is such a good guy!I just want to hug him. He saved the girl...what next?

More soon please!
  21. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    jodiwent! You'd think I'd be used to surprize by now.... but... no, i had to think I knew were the story was going next...LOL you sure had me fooled it was great. Now what?

Please post again really really soon!
  22. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    "If you call the enforcers," Serra sniffed back. "They're going to want to know who flattened Ramal."

"Ramal? Who cares what happened to him." Obi-Wan looked at her oddly. "After what he did to you? Your face is swelling up." The farm kid had a small first aid cooling strip in his belt, he took it out and put it where his friend was injured. "Aren't you friends with one of the enforcers?"

"Yes, Nerris is my friend"

"Listen, I have a com-link." Obi-Wan took that off his belt as well. "You call him or someone else you trust."

"I will." Serra was still trying to compose herself. "But I want you to clear out. Understood?"

'No, I don't understand."

"It's complicated, Ramal's family..."

"I don't care if he's the bloody prince of Alderaan, he's not going to get away with this.'

"He's not getting away with anything Obi-Wan. Believe me. I need you to go and keep a low profile for a few days."

"Can't you tell me why?"

"In a few days." She said hoping that the young man would not hear the reason why before that on the holo-news or something. Obi-Wan did not know just how close to the truth he had been when he had made his glib statement about who Ramal was.

"No I don't want to leave you here alone." Obi-Wan protested.

"Listen to me." Serra looked him strait in the eyes. "I am all right, I can handle this."

Obi-Wan did not want to leave Serra, but he didn't want to have to explain why once again he was slamming people into things. "If I hear anything about you being in trouble for this, I'm going to tell them what I did."

"You won't have to just stay out of the center for a few days. I'm not going to call until you leave."

Obi-Wan knew Serra was serious, for some reason she wanted to protect him from the enforcers. Obi-Wan thought there was no way they could blame him for what he had done. He could tell that Ramal was injured but not in a life threatening way. Still the teenager wondered just how much damage he had inflicted on the man. He hoped he had done enough to get him to leave Serra alone for good. Kenobi took one more long look at his friend and her swollen face, then he did as she had told him. He left, it was going to be a cold run home with out his shirt, but he knew it had gone to a good cause.

As soon as Obi-Wan had left Serra used the com link. She knew Nerris' code and called him. "Nerris, this is Serra."

"Serra? What's this about?"

"I'm just north of the center, somethings happened. I need you and some med techs, but please keep it quiet."

"Sure, you know I will." The law enforcer promised. "We'll be there in a minute."

In a minute Enforcer Nerris and a young woman arrived.

"Healer Faida, I was not expecting you." Serra said when she saw the woman who looked to young to be a healer but was.

"And I did not expect to see you in this condition." Faida went to examine her friend's face. "Who did this to you?"

Serra would not say his name she just pointed over to where Ramal still lay unconscious. Faida gasped. "And who did that to Lord Ramal?"

"I did." Serra lied.

"You did?" Nerris questioned. "Why do I not believe you?"

"You will believe me, do you understand?" Serra had intensity in her being.

"I understand Princess Serra."

"I told you not to call me that while I'm here. If anyone finds out who I am, I'll have to leave."

"Maybe you should." Healer Faida snapped back. "This whole thing is ridiculous, do you think that Lord Ramal is going to keep his mouth shut?"

"No I expect Lord Ramal to be in jail for a few months at least. I know there will be news, but where I am is not going to be part of it."

"Your grandmother will want you home."

"I'm not going home."

Nerris had been seeing to Ramal. "He's not in good shape as it is. I take it the wedding is off?"

"It is so off..." Serra started to cry again. "And so is the alliance."

"You are more important that a stupid alliance." Faida said as she turned her attention to Ramal. "He may be lain up for quite some time... You or who ever did do this to him might have to fac
  23. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jodiwent, you are amazing! You show us something that appears to be one thing at first glance, and then, bit by bit, you peel off the layers to show us something completely different underneath. Good work! Princessa Serra? Of Alderaan? And Lord Ramal, also of Alderaan? Wow! That was very brave of Serra to protect Obi-Wan and take the blame for the incident, especially knowing what she can expect from both her family and Ramal's after this. Just the kind of girl that Obi-Wan needs! I'm glad he trusted her and went home, though, and kept his word by not even telling his mother what had happened, despite the threat to his swoop. You're telling a fascinating story here. Keep going!
  24. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Another twist!! Once again, I didn't see that coming! So is Obi-Wan going to find out soon? What's going to happen next! I look forward to more!
  25. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh yes please please post again soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.