main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ordinary World/A.U. J.A. ( posts June 25,28 NEW POST JULY 12 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Can't believe that i missed those last posts! Great job Jodi! more soon i hope!

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    "I suppose you are old enough to know." Trina said. "I don't suppose old Yoda ever told you about me, and how I cost the jedi your father."

"You know that the jedi do not tell those who training to be knights anything about their families." Obi-Wan returned. "Not even if they are jedi."

"You must not insist on the delusion that I have ever been a jedi."

"But you have been trained in the ways of the force. It has been obvious to me sence the day I arrived, and Owen, as much as Oren would like to hide it, Owen is force sensitive. If you are not a jedi, how is that?"

"You know that the jedi are not the only people in this wide galaxy who know how to use the power of the force."

"No, they are not, but there are many that misuse the power of the force as well."

"Well there it is, that is what you are wondering. If your mother is a 'dark sider' as the jedi are so fond of saying. What do you think?"

"I have never sensed the dark side in you mother." Obi-Wan's tone softened.

"Because it is not. Yet there are those who, if they knew of my origins, might believe so." Trina sighed.

"Is that what Oren is afraid of? What others may think."

"Sometimes peoples beliefs are very powerful. The beliefs of people are what brought the jedi to my home world, and the beliefs of my people that sealed your father's doom."

Obi-Wan now was wondering again, the most his mother had ever said of his father was that he was a brave and true jedi who had sacrificed himself for those he loved. The details of that event she had never divulged.
    Just where was her homeword and who were her people? Indeed there were other people in the galaxy who were force sensitive, but most of those were darksiders like the witches of dathomier. There used to be the sith, their existance in the was still hidden. He was sure there were other groups that he had not heard of. The one his mother was going to tell him that she came from was known to him.

"Would it shock you to know that your mother is from the Jatu people?" Trina asked and watched as surprise crossed her son's face. "There are some who call the jatu, witches."

"That is what I have heard." Obi-Wan said tring to read any thing in his mother's mind. "You are going to tell me otherwise?"

"Yes, but when I am finished telling you what I am going to tell you, your oppinion of the jatu may still not be so high."
    (TBC)

3. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Ahh, ze plot thikans! Please post again soon! I wonder what Obi will think of this story... and actually I've been wondering what happend to kinari since tsa sooooo please please post soon!

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Hmm, the plot is definitely thickening. Even thought I know this from your other stories, I'm interested to see how this 'alternative' Obi-Wan reacts to the information. I look forward to more!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can't believe you ended that post there Jodi.

This sounds incredibly interesting. I can't wait to read more!!! :cool:

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Sometimes peoples beliefs are very powerful. The beliefs of people are what brought the jedi to my home world, and the beliefs of my people that sealed your father's doom."

Boy, that is profound and incredibly intriguing. I can't wait to find out what Trina is going to tell Obi-Wan.

My belief is very powerful...I believe that you will post soon, Jodiwent, I believe that you will post again soon...

7. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post! :)

8. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Oops double post!!

9. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Moving up from page 11!! :(

Looks like Darth Writer's Block has made an appearance! Or was it Darth Real life? :eek:

10. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Darth Real Life

11. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
  12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    (Posting from work, you will have to bear with no spell check)
    --------------------------------------------
    "You never really told me everything about what happened." Obi-Wan wanted to know. "You told me about how My father and a few other jedi were sent to to your homeworld, because some Republic miners had been killed there. Then The jedi had to leave, but my father stayed behind, for some reason."

"Obi-Wan you know the reason." Trina said.

"Me. You were going to have me and he didn't want to leave you." Obi-Wan knew that much. "So he, Oren and Uncle Nord had a plan to take you with them back to the Republic. My father never left there, they killed him."

"I don't like to remember that day." Trina lowered her head. "The Lars' had to drag me away to their ship, Kenri told them to. I knew what they would do to him."

"I don't understand, why would your people not want my father to take his wife with him?"

Obi-Wan noticed how nervous that question made his mother. There was something she did not want to tell him, more than one thing. He waited untill she was the one to speak.

"Obi-Wan I won't hide the truth from you any more. I was never your father's wife."

A look if betrayl fell like a shadow across Obi-Wan's face. He could not beleive what his mother was telling him. His mother, the loyal, hard working farm wife, the moral spouting mother was not married to his father? What kind of a woman had she been then, and what did that make him?

"You have some nerve all ways tring to tell me how to behave, the other night you were all 'what have I told you about girls untill you're a certain age.' Ha! Ironic isn't it?"

"Don't you even think about taking that attitued with me young man."

"What attitued am I supposed to take? So did you suddenly become a woman of virtue? After you married Oren? I suppose you lied about my father being a true jedi as well. No wonder I turned out so rotten."

"I ought to slap you Obi-Wan Kenobi. You know nothing."

"I know nothing because you hide things from me." Obi-Wan spat back.

"I may have hidden the truth, but never lied to you. I never told you I was married to your father. You just assumed. Your father was a true jedi, no matter what you beleive now."

"And what were you? The planet slut, is that why they didn't want you to go?"

Trina did not slap her son, she started to cry. "Why must you be so crule with your words?"

"That's one thing my step father taught me well."

Trina knew that was true enough, Oren never had a kind word for Obi-Wan. Still her son's words hurt her deeply. "Before your father and I fell in love, I was considered a sacred person to my people, that is why they killed him. I was a woman of virtue. I do not regret that I loved your father. Even if all it has gained me an ungreatful son."

Obi-Wan had never seen his mother so angry or sad. She was now crying even harder. "How I dreamed that you would be like him. He would have never been so mean to anyone."

Obi-Wan now felt sorry for what he had said. He realized indeed he was not acting like a jedi would. He was acting how Oren would have, with words that hurt. He did not want to be like Oren, not at all. He went over to his mother and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry mother." Obi-Wan told Trina. "I don't want to hurt you. I just don't know how to act now that I know."

"You don't have to act any different Obi-Wan. Just keep being who you have always been."

"I don't even know who that is. You know I never wanted to be anything but a jedi."

"It always comes back to that. You do not have to be a jedi to be kind, to help people, to be honest, or just happy."

"I suppose you are right. I was trying to make Owen happy by showing him how to use the force, and it just turned out all wrong."

"I know you were doing something you didn't think was so bad, but you have to consider the oppinions of others."

"But Oren is wrong. There is nothing wrong with using the force."

"But you are not to teach Owen anything more, do you understand?"

"No, but I wo

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, wow! Powerful post! I loved the way Obi-Wan told his mother that he learned to talk like that from Oren, and she realised it was true. And how she never regretted loving his father, even if all she got from it was an ungrateful son. And how he didn't need to be a Jedi to be kind and helpful and make people happy. But the end was best, how Obi-Wan told her that he didn't understand, but he'd stop teaching Owen anyway. Well-written!

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Cape Cod -0- inches of snow. (All rain) :)

Cape Anne -21- inches of snow (With 6 more to come) :(

Guess where I live... :mad:

15. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Awww, poor Jodi. Great post though! I love this story! :)

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow! Powerful indeed and stunningly written!

17. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post!

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    In the days that followed Trina's revelation to her eldest son, Obi-Wan was extremely quiet. Owen thought that it was because Obi-Wan had gotten in trouble for showing him the trick. Owen was disappointed that his father was so angry. He had enjoyed the time he had spent meditating with his brother. Now Owen was scared to even think about it. Oren had made Owen promise not to use the force again. Oren told him it was dangerous, it would not do anything but bring trouble to their family.

By the time that the bruises, from the incident from the night of the dance, had faded from Obi-Wan's face, he was also un-grounded from his swoop. The first thing he did that day was take his swoop for a ride. Where did he go for that ride? He went to the old river gorge that had been the site of the last, failed, race. It might be where the next race would be, either way, Obi-Wan wanted to ride there. No matter what Oren Lars said he wanted to be in tune with the force. When he rode his swoop he was.

Every narrow passage, he knew where to turn before the turn could be seen. He knew there was one thing he was good at and that was piloting. He often pictured himself behind the controls of a republic fighter. That was his other fantasy, besides the one where he and Serra had a ship of their own. Maybe if he saved enough credits he could get into the military's flight academy. He would be an officer then, he would be somebody, not a nobody farmer. When he thought about a life as a farmer, he pushed his swoop even faster. Again he vowed to himself, he would never go to Tatooine, never.

When Obi-Wan looked at his time on his run through the river gorge, he could not be more pleased with himself. He knew it was a time that would beet any of the other racers. The next thing on his mind was Serra, it must be all right to go see her now. So he turned his swoop around and headed for the colony's center.

He parked his swoop in front of the sport center and many of the other kids, even the non racers, admired Kenobi's ride. It sure looked fast. Obi-Wan was too busy fixing his hair after getting his helmet off to notice. There was only one person there that he was concerned with at that moment. He saw Serra as soon as he went inside, she was fixing one of the virtual games. Obi-Wan thought it would be cute to surprised her, he walked up behind her and playfully covered her eyes. "Guess who?"

"A colossal idiot?" Serra did not seem pleased to see him when she turned around. "I told you it was not safe to be here."

"But look, no more bruises."

"Don't you know that they are watching me?"

"Watching you? Who?"

"Ramal's family's cronies. They still want to know who laid him out cold."

"And what about what he did to you?" Obi-Wan barked back. "You're not going to let him get away with that, are you?"

"No, but I am trying to keep you out of jail you dough head."

"Jail?"

"If they find out you were the one who was with me that night, they will haul your butt off to Alderaan as fast as they can."

"Alderaan? Just who is that jerk?"

"Look I can't explain right now. You have to get out of here."

Obi-Wan did not want to leave, but looking at Serra he knew she was serious. "Well when can I see you then?"

Serra did not answer.

"You do want to see me don't you?" Obi-Wan looked a little worried.

"Yes, but not being hauled off to Alderaan."

Obi-Wan still did not really understand the danger he was in, but he went away from Serra. What he did not know was that someone had already seen them together and was drawing some of his own conclusions. He would not act on them yet, he would wait till he had some real proof. Then he would go to the Alderaanian officials. Captain Kosaku tried to remember what was it that Owen Lars had said about his step son a few days ago? Something about how that kid could not stay out of trouble. Had he been at the dance? He was sure that none of his children knew such an unsavory character, but one of the kids that had been there, they might know. Maybe one of those racing kids that he h

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Uh oh, uh oh! I see danger ahead! Hurry and write more, Jodiwent, this is so suspenseful! It was sad that Owen was afraid to even think of meditating now. And it was sad that it's been so many days and yet Serra is still afraid and is still under observation. Poor Obi-Wan, he's in trouble no matter which way he turns!

It was funny to think of him fixing his hair as he got off his swoop, though!

20. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    um, look good this does not... envy of the darkside is. Lead to pain it will.... only thing know not I, who's pain, is not clear... will need more posts to clearer see. um....jodiwent.... PLEASE POST SOOOOOOON!!!!

21. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great post! I wonder how Nattalia got her swoop out? And will the authorities find out about the race tomorrow? And will Oren turn Obi-Wan in if he finds out?

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Insert obligatory, I have a bad feeling about this.

Can't blame Smasher for feeling Obi's being hypocritical if he voiced that single races were unfair...

I hope our boy is extra cautious.

Wonderful post Jodi!! :D

23. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The next day in school the rumors about Obi-Wan reached Owens little ears. The first one was about the race wiht Nat after school. What he over heard just before the end of the day, was a group of girls speculating on just who the mystery hero was. Owen did not even know that Serra had been attacked, and he was very distressed to hear that part. When he heard that most of the girls were convinced that it was 'that Obi-Wan kid, the one who doesn't come to school', Owen was so proud to be his brother.

All the way home he hummed to himself 'My brother's a hero, my brother's a hero.'He was now certain that Obi-Wan and Serra liked each other at least. That made him happy, he really liked Serra. Maybe they'd even get married, and she'd go to Tatooine with them. These were all the things Owen wished for. Even when he got home he was still singing his little tune. "My brother's a hero, Obi is a hero."

"What are you going on about Owen." Trina asked before Oren could.

Owen had been mumbling his praise of his brother, but it was constantly.

"Did you know that Serra's boy friend from Alderaan was a bad guy and he tryed to hurt her?"

"That's nothing to be humming about Owen." His mother was wondering what was going on in her youngest's mind.

"That's not what I'm humming about Mom." He said in a whinny tone.

"Then what are you humming about Son?" Oren asked.

"The person who saved her."

"The person who saved her?" Oren had head the rumor that someone had knocked out Serra's would be attacker, he also knew that who ever it was would be in big trouble. It seemed that the young man who had been beaten up was from an important family.

Still Oren had liked the young lady who had looked after Owen the day Obi-Wan had forgoten about him. 'There's young person with some character.' He thought. 'The young man who had saved her must be a honorable person. It was too bad that Captain Kosaku was looking for him.'

"Yhea, the person who saved her is a hero right."

"I guess so."

"I know who it is, I know who it is." Owen chanted.

"Owen, you must be careful what you say." Oren said.

"Don't you want to know who it is?"

"Maybe you better tell me what you know."

"It's Obi! Obi is a hero." Owen was grinning from ear to ear, but both of his parents knew what real trouble Obi-Wan was in.

Even Oren would not want Kenobi to be taken to Alderaan to face a trial for doing what any up standing man would have done. "Where is he now?" He asked Trina.

"I don't know he went off on his swoop."

"You don't think... Owen do you know if your brother is racing today?"

Owen did not want to say, he thought he'd get Obi-Wan in trouble.

"If you know you have to tell us." Trina said.

"I, I think so. Him and Nat."

"Where?"

"I think the river gorge."

"Come on lets get him before Kosaku does." For once Oren was acting like a concerned father. It may have been too little, too late.

"You take the speeder and go after him." Trina said. "On the way you drop me off in the center. I have to talk to someone."

Oren had a good idea just who Trina wanted to talk to so he did not argue.

"What about me?" Owen asked. "I don't want to stay alone."

"All right, you stay with your father." Trina said. she was going to have to have a private talk with Serra. So the best place for Owen was with Oren. "We have to hurry."
    (TBC)
    Have to run

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    :p More later.

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no, who's going to catch Obi-Wan first? This is getting worse and worse! Are they going to drag him off to Alderaan? All because of little innocent Owen? And what will Trina have to say to Serra?

More, Jodiwent, more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.