main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oregon Fan Force Chapter Representative

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Crash, if it would help to make you feel better about being CR to have someone be an official co-rep, I have no problem with filling that role. My worry is that I may not be able to do my "fair share" or be able to contribute much since my thing is mostly trying to get everyone together for meetings. Judging from your posts, you are light years ahead of anything Ive ever thought about doing and much more knowledgable. Plus, I don't drive and have limited computer experience. On the good side, Im commited to OFF and Bill and I seem to have done ok with the last 2 meetings. I dont want to back away from responsibility and I really dont want you to feel that you are on your own with all this. My main concern is just that we all work together to continue to keep OFF going and away from that "RIP OFF" thread :)

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm OK with being the CR, especially if you help out with some of the meeting. But up till now this conversation has mostly been between you and me, with very little input from other members, including GrumpyDevil, who started this all.;) I just want to know where we go from here. Am I suposed to just declare myself the CR and contact the RSA mayself? That does not seem right.

Grumpy, you started all this, you should tell us how to proceed from here.:D

3. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    :confused: So I just re-read all of this. Correct me if I am wrong, but Crashdown is the only nominee because Ayn has bowed out?

Let me know if that is the case.

-Kyle

4. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
  5. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Well if no one else has been nominated, I don't feel that there is any reason to vote. Congratulations, crash. I'll just send a message to the RSA.

-Kyle

6. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Congratulations Crash! You will do a great job. When I can help you out, just say the word :)

7. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Ayn !!! I will start handing out assignments as soon as I have a chance to sit down. Good leadership = knowing how to delegate[face_laugh]

Just kidding. I hope I will be able to do the OFF proud[face_flag]

8. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Congrats Crash! I know you'll do a wonderful job as the rep! =D=

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I would first like to thank all the Oregon FanForce members for your support, whether expressed verbally or silently, in becoming the Chapter Rep. I must admit that I'm a bit nervous in becoming the rep., I really would like to do a good job, and hope that I have the ability and energy to do what the OFF needs of me. Please feel free to express any ideas or concerns you might have with the job I will be doing. If I'm not doing a good job, please give me some guidance on how to do it better.

In thinking about what I should be doing as Chapter Rep., I've had several ideas:

1. First, and most importantly, keep the OFF forum active with discussion and activity. I think I could do this best by being active in the forum myself, acting as a welcomer and greeter, and by posting new discussion ideas. Without things to talk about, why would anyone want to visit our forum? I will also try to bring in new members by making our presence known in other areas of the web and world at large.

2. Help promote regular meetings and outside activities. Recently, there has been a fairly regular Portland based meeting for OFF members, largely thanks to Ayn, Bill and GrumpyDevil. I would like this monthly (or bimonthly) meeting to continue in the Portland area. But I would also like to help promote meeting outside the Portland area. In particular, I would like to try to organize meetings in the Salem area. And if members would like help organizing meeting in other locations in our State, I will do my best to help, even if I cannot attend myself.

3. I would like to try to develop an OFF history. Filter through some of the thousands of OFF posts to try to build a history of past OFF events, discussions, and organizers. I am hoping that some of the older OFF members may help me in this, like Vengeance and JawaFett.

4. Inform and educate myself more about the structure and organization of the Fan Force Boards and make connections with "the powers that be" so that I can be a well informed Chapter Rep. This will also help me be helpful to new (or old) members who have questions about the boards.

Again, thank you for this opportunity. At this point, please feel free to haze me as you wish.[:D]

10. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Congrats Crashdown. I will do my best to help in many ways.
    Official CR crowning at CCG/501st BBQ, OFF July meeting then?

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    What's this about a crowning...Hay, I'm just a working stiff.[face_clown]

12. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    I think he means he wants to hit you in the head. You said you were open to hazing! :p

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I would be willing to help starting in '03 (when I joined).

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Brook !! This is what I've put together so far....up till 2003. If anyone can fill in additional information, we would love your help:

Please note, I have not edited this yet.

--------------

Founding Members of the Oregon/Portland FanForce includ: Imperial Jedi, Bowen, Erik (User Name?).....

May 25, 2002 Portland Meeting, Broadway Metroplex, Downtown. Organized by WinduWasher

May 26, 2002, JediWookie started the discussion of having a Chapter in Portland. Helped by ImperialJedi and Bowen

June 11, 2002, FanForce get together to watch AOTC at Evergreen Parkway theater. Organized by JediWookie and Bowen. Four attended: JediWookie, Bowen, ImperialJedi and WinduWasher

August 31, 2002, Portland had its third official meeting. Now they can become a FanForce Chapter.

September 1, 2002, Portland FanFance (tentative name) becomes official. Bowen becomes City Rep. Stateless becomes Vice Rep.

September 4, 2002, discussion of proposed FanForce names begins....Portland FanForce vs. Oregon FanForce.

September 20, 2002, Jedi_Nailbiter starts poll to select name of Chapter. Portland FanForce wins out (35%), Oregon FF and PDX FF tied for second (20% each), Kaminoan Paradise/Forest Force/Fan Forest in forth (15%), and 10% other.

February 25, 2003, Bowen steps down as City Rep. and JimSideous becomes "Interim City Rep".

March 21, 2003, Portland FF meeting. JimSideous, JawaFett, BeccaFett and Vengeance in attendance.

March 24, 2003, JimSideous and Mara_Jade_Fan (RSA) officially changed the chapter name from Portland FanForce to Oregon FanForce. The name of the chapter was changed because it seemed inappropriate to continue calling your group the "Portland FanForce" when many of your members do not live in Portland. JimSideous agreed to be the permanent Chapter Rep of Oregon state providing that when someone else was willing and able to take over the Portland FanForce, that he would be made Chapter Rep of the Salem OR Fanforce.

August 23, 2003, JawaFett becomes interim Chapter Rep.

15. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Crazy. That was actually very interesting...

-Kyle

16. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    That was cool Crash. I'm heading out of town in like 3 hours and won't be back till Wednesday, so no one try to write in any more history without me, k? ;) I'll try and get started while I'm visiting my cousins in Cali, but I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it there.

17. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Brook !!!

Another good one to fill in the older history would be Bowen, but he doesn't post as much as he used to. BOWEN Where Are YOU !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.