main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oregon Fan Force Logo

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey guys,

Who wants to design a logo. I tried my hand that some have seen. It's uses the "Travel Oregon" style guide. Here's how it looks:
    http://www.freak23.com/images/off_logo_wookie.gif

And to illustrate how cool this looks ;) , I made a t-shirt version graphic:
    [image=http://www.freak23.com/jedi/OFF_shirt.gif]
    I want to make easy shirts at the YMCA.

If you'd like to design an official logo, please do. I'd love to see it.

I think it's important that whatever is shown should have a minimal amount of colors - that way if we do shirts (or whatever), it won't cost us an arm and a leg.

-Kyle

2. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Kyle, there is a wookiee on yours! I would love to have a shirt with OFF AND a bonus wookiee.

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I like it, but what is Chewie doing, surrendering? or did he just make a touchdown................SCORE !!![face_dancing]

4. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm pretty sure Chewie is cheering. [face_skull]

Hey those would be pretty easy to silk screen. lota ink though yah? Could we make em and sell em for funding K? I mean legally.. jeez.. I think we need a lawyer to be fans of Star Wars.

-Xeco

5. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Is it possible to do sweatshirts and other items as well? Id really like a hoodie with that logo. I agree Xeco, I think Chewie is cheering for OFF :)

Maybe someplace like this would be helpful? http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/allproducts.aspx?CMP=KNC-G-EF

6. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Yes, Chewbacca is cheering. Like when he raises his arms and yells.

While I do like my logo design, I'd sure like to see other treatments.

Here's the scoop...some of you know that my wife runs an art program at the YMCA center near our house. They have a screen-printing class and I want to make a couple of things. This would be one of them. If we're talking about one color, I can get the actual shirts before I take my class (actually, the second class) and try and print them up then. That means that (whatever the design) if people give me their shirt, I can try my best to make an OFF tshirt out of it. I'm hesitant to say that I'm in the clear as far as skill level goes. This is a new thing for me, but I really want to try it...

-Kyle

7. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Sooo...would you be willing to do the Chewie one, if I provide you with hoodies for Bill and I? If everyone votes on another design, Im sure Ill want that one also, but I just love that wookiee :)

8. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    I love your shirt! Anyway one could do up a black T with same design?

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I'm sure I would. But I need to take my first class. That way I know what I'm getting into with ink color choices and such.

Annie, (and anyone else who wants white on black) for my first class I will be working on putting the Jedi emblem in white on a black sweatshirt. I'll figure out what has to happen for this and it might be a possibility. Also if anyone has any experience in screen printing white ink on black clothing and making it look good, PM me.

And thanks for liking it, guys...

-Kyle

10. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I would love a t-shirt also, but only if I can pretend that Chewie is making a touchdown................SCORE !!![face_dancing]

So get craking on that class of yours, because I suspect you will have a lot of orders with that design.=D=

11. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Just like Thumb Wars [face_laugh]

12. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Cool, I cant wait :) Keep us posted! FWIW, and not to complicate things, I was just picturing your wookiee design in green on brown. You know, forest colors for Oregon and Kashyyyk. Enjoy you class, it sounds like it will be fun. And, if you do end up doing some for Bill and I, we will also reimburse you for supplies, time, etc.

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    All I'd really want is for supplies reimbursement. I don't know if the class "comes with" the specific green color, so if it doesn't, I'd need to buy the right kind.

-Kyle

14. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Oooo...I wants one

15. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Hey how does this look? I used some of the local cllogiate colors

[image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/brigandarklung/CloneSilORXL.jpg]

16. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I just learned that there is a general Fan Force banner that we can barrow for special events. It gets shipped from city to city as needed, we just have to pay for shipping to ship it off to the next city. I'm not sure what it looks like but it's something to think about until we get a banner of our own.

Does anyone know what it would cost to have our own banner made (like a professional looking banner)?

17. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Oregon Blue Print has a $100 minimum and their banner pricing is $5 per square foot. So if we get a banner from them, we need it to take up 20 sq ft (or less). The amount of colors does not impact the printing because it's all digital offset.

-Kyle

18. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Silk screening is fun. I took the class in jr.high and I remember how to do most of it. I remember using lots of chemicals, ink, film and the screens. The film was cut for the writing and design then burned onto the screen. It was very hard to line up the films for doing the multiple color designs. I had to build a large frame, almost like a screen door, added hinges and applied it to a flat board. White color on black clothing is hard to do, as are doing multiple colors. I remember I received an A in the class and projects included Tshirts, Sweatshirts, small posters, and greeting cards. Have Fun and good luck.

Let's see if we can approve a design at Aug meeting, and chip in for the material. Good job Kyle!

19. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I want a chewie shirt! I want a chewie shirt! I want a chewie shirt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.