Oregon Oregon Fan Force Meeting in Portland

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sure, always good to have some conversation pieces to get things rolling.
  2. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm afraid I cannot... me being 17 I am still under the rule of my parents, and going to Portland to meet with people ONLINE is not something they like to think about, hehe. If it was somewhere closer I might have a shot...but even then just 20% more of a chance. :(
  3. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Completely understood.
    That is one of the main reasons I never attended the Salem meetings. The few members who attended them were primarily under 20, give or take, and I would have felt odd being the only adult. As long as there are several adults in attendance I think it's OK to have a mixed group of Old and Young, but I completely understand that your parents feel that it?s a bit far from home.

We will miss you though.:_|

----------------------
    P.S. Maybe this is something we could talk about in the meeting. Since meeting people on the internet can be a bit problematic, we should have some protocols in place on how to put these meetings together in the future. Like having a minimum number of adults present, contacts for parents of members under 18, requirement that members under 16 have a parent come with them, and methods to ensure that members who attend remain safe before, during and after the meeting.:)
  4. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Good idea Crashdown. We should have those rules in place for meetings.
  5. RSG-503 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey crashdown, Next time there's a meeting in the Salem area I should be able to go and I'm 29, so you wouldn't be the only older guy. But also in order for me to go I would also like to know I wouldn't be the only one over 22 :)

I'm small town, so driving in Portland really gets to me, otherwise I would try and make it up that way for a meeting. As it is now if I didn't get lost up there, I would panic to death :D :D

Russ
  6. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be wearing a SW shirt and my trusty Stormtrooper carrying bag full of SW goodness. Cya tomorrow around 6pm.
  7. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Had a Great time meeting everyone. Nice place and good food. We shared stories, memories, and saw some cool SW collectibles.
    We can make this into a once a month/bi-monthly kind of thing. Chime in with a suggested place good enough to hold a large group. Establish a date all we can agree apon, and have a set of topics to talk about and share. Congrats to Grumpydevil for setting the 3/18 Meeting in motion, and thanks for all who came.
  8. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    We had a great meeting last night (my first ever). I belive we pretty much started out with introductions and then moved into our "show & tell" phase. Believe it or not, we sort of just talked about Star Wars for three hours. We discussed "regular" meetings (monthly/bi-monthly, location, swapping, etc.) but nothing was finalized. Mike had some great ideas from his experiences in the Sand Diego Fan Force. Fairly soon, we'll start posting more info and getting a feel for the best possible meeting times for everyone in the group.

[image=http://www.freak23.com/jedi/OFF_meeting02_20060318.jpg]
    Pictured (from left to right): Ayn & boyfriend, JawaFett, Crashdown & wife, AugiBenDoggie(back row)
    grumpydevil & son (front row)

Here's the first one (where the composition looks a smidge better, but the picture is out of focus): http://www.freak23.com/jedi/OFF_meeting01_20060318.jpg

I know it's sounds cliche, but it was great to put more usernames to faces. And here's how bad I am with names, I *think* that I remember the names of Ayn's and Crashdown's sig. others, but I don't want to get them wrong. :oops:

Anyway - it was a great time and I can't wait until the next one! I want to thank everyone who showed up and proved that, dammit, we ARE a Fan Force. :p

-Kyle
  9. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like you guys had a great time, and looks like the OFF has finally got its gears running smoothly again after four years of rusting, hehe. :)
  10. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Ya, it was a great meeting !!!...........But did anyone go the the peace rally today?[face_peace]
  11. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    My friends party kept on going and I finally left at 11:30. Sorry I never made it though. But I did own all my friends at Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and won all five rounds of Halo.
  12. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, I was stuck digging a hole in the backyard. How'd it go?

-Kyle
  13. Ayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bill and I had a great time at Saturday's meeting...and are looking forward to more get-togethers. Now I need to work on getting Bill to pick user name and start posting.
  14. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    It went good.......marched for about 3 to 4 miles through Portland. Boy was I tired at the end. But I thought it was worth it. Although the media felt that the efforts of 10,000 marchers were only worth about 20 seconds of time on the local news. It just goes to show you that it's definitely not the people who control the press.[face_peace]
  15. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The people do control it because thats what Bush told me ;) Just kidding. I wanted to go to a peace march but I was either sleeping or hanging out with my GF. Im glad that it turned out good, that would have been fun to be in.
  16. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    So are we planning a meeting for April or May. And we could plan for a place closer to Salem. Pizza places seem like a good common groud for all. There's a Boston's Pizza in Wilsonville, that's a good place. And It's near Fry's Electronics store. drool...[face_mischief]
  17. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Sound good to me.
  18. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    May is better for me.
  19. Ayn Jedi Knight

star 1

Sounds good...It would be nice to do something as a group once a month. Salem, Portland, wherever is easiest. We are willing to drive for SW related events! Both of us really enjoyed the last meeting.

Also, if any Portlanders or other nearby area people are up for getting together on a "less formal" basis for, say, a V for Vendetta viewing or something, Bill and I would be into that.
  20. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    V for Vendetta was awesome. Very confusing until the end though.
  21. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be up for a hang-out meeting some time in April. Maybe we can do a Wilsonville thing in May?

-Kyle
  22. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    What are you considering a "hand-out" meeting?
  23. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    "hanG-out" in my case just means hanging out - maybe going to a movie, maybe getting food, maybe getting coffee. Y'know...just hanging out with other Star Wars fans.

-Kyle
  24. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, type-O[face_blush]
  25. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Perhaps the Jantzen Beach Supercenter Comicbook & Colectible Show would be a good time for some of us to hang out? If any of you can make it and would like to meet up before or during, we could set a time and gather near the carousel.

-Kyle
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.