Oregon Oregon Fan Force Meeting in Portland

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Any thoughts on a May meeting?
  2. crashdown Jedi Master

star 4
    :confused:[face_thinking]I might have thoughts, but my brain works slow. Let me get back to you.
  3. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm definitely up for a May meeting~! Where should we have this one? Any good spots in Beaverton?

-Kyle
  4. brook_33 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I can't think of any specific places.
  5. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Should we start by picking a date? Maybe towards the end of the month would be best, so everybody has time to plan. How would
    Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th work out for everybody?
  6. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Maybe the weekend of the 20th or 21st would be better. May 27-29th is Memorial Day weekend. Anywhere is fine for me.
  7. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow, Memorial Day already...how'd that happen? 20 or 21st works for me too.
  8. Atticus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hope you all have fun doing fun star warsy stuff that fans do when they meet. :D
  9. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Today is FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! [face_dancing]

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/common/salestools/previews/fdbd06/fdbd06p1.jpg]

I'll be at Cosmic Monkey Comics and Things From Another World (on Sandy) today with the Dark Side Troopers if anyone wants to come out and say hi.

"Things":
    http://www3.tfaw.com/help/storelocations.html?cart=6126274185315538&store=portland

Cosmic Monkey:
    http://www.cosmicmonkeycomics.com/

-Kyle
  10. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ^ We'll be at these stores from approximately 12pm - 3pm. Here's who will be trooping today...

Things From Another World:
    Stormtrooper
    Jango Fett
    Imperial Officer
    Scout Trooper

Cosmic Monkey Comics:
    Sandtrooper
    Imperial Officer
    Boba Fett
    Jedi (me!!)

-Kyle
  11. crashdown Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you doing this today (Sunday)? I drove past Things yesterday (Saturday) and saw storm troopers outside Things. Did you put down the wrong day or was that a different group? Unfortunately, I had places to go and people to meet yesterday, so I couldn't stop. But if you will be there today, I will stop by Things to say hi, and get my free comic.
  12. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I posted this on Saturday. That's when we were there. If you drove past some troopers on Sandy, that was us!
    http://darksidetroopers.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=63

You missed out, crash... ;)
  13. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    20th or 21st OK? Place? come on! Let's meet soon. If not this month, than how about at the Scifi swap meet? Defintely going to that.
  14. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Let's do the 21st (Sunday).

I'll defer to another member to choose the place. Time should be early evening. Location - something a little more central?

If a time and place has not been chosen by the Friday of the week, I'll step up and take the reigns :D

-Kyle
  15. crashdown Jedi Master

star 4
  16. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Waitaminit...

Jawafett, won't you be in Eugene on the 21st? Or are you ducking out because of you just moved?

-Kyle
  17. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    21st sounds good to me. Really, anything in the evening generally works out for Bill and I.
  18. brook_33 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I might be able to come. I've got graduation to worry about for the rest of the month and that's keeping me busy.
  19. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Sorry. Due to lack of funds caused by an insidious move this past weekend, I will not be going to the Eugene Comicbook Show. But I will make myself available to go to a OFF meeting.
  20. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Is anybody still interested in getting together this weekend? If so, Id be glad to pick a local place (local for me = downtown Portland) for us to gather on the 21st. Sorry, I know there was a lot of interest in meeting in a more central location but Im just not very familiar with outside of downtown. Thats what I get for living in Pennsyvlania for most of my life. :oops: Sooo...unless there seems to be no interest or someone wants to suggest something outside of Portland, Ill find a pizza place and post here later.
  21. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Go for it, Ayn!

Pick a place and time...I'll be there!

-Kyle
  22. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Here's a tentative plan, hope this will work okay for you guys:

Sunday May 21st 6PM
    Community Room
    1330 SW 3rd Ave
    Portland OR 97201

This is the community room in our building, its nice and roomy with plenty of comfortable seating and kitchen area. There is also a TV which we are looking into getting set up for playing DVDs, at least as background entertainment. We are also planning to get burgers/picnic type food to cook out on the grill. Sound ok for around 6ish on the 21st? Sorry for the short notice but it would be really good if you guys could let me know whos planning on coming and how many people you will be bringing. If anybody needs directions or anything else, let me know and I can PM my cell #.
  23. Bowen Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That's funny, I wanted to go on a peace march but I was too busy playing WARCRAFT and studying martial arts. ;)
  24. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Plan on me being there without T'Igor. :cool:

-Kyle
  25. Ayn Jedi Youngling

star 1

T'Igor is welcome if you do decide to bring him! We have lots of toys and action figures to keep him happy if you change your mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.