main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oregon Fan Force Meeting in Portland

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow. OMG. Now that's a plan. Great Job Ayn and Bill. Pencil me in for 6ish. Coordinates targeted and locked in. I'll prolly bring something for us to eat as well. Blue milk to drink? lol. And maybe if we're good we could watch something "special".

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    "Special"? as in X-max spacial?[face_dancing]

Yes, you can count me in as well. I'm not sure if my wife can make it, but I think she can. Is there anything you need me to bring?

3. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

Thats up to you guys! You certainly dont need to bring anything, we already planned on getting burgers, hot dogs, chips, pop, desert...you know, basic picnic type fare. But if there is anything special you want to drink or share, that would be great too.

4. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thank you Ayn and Bill for hosting todays OFF meeting. It was great to see everyone again. It's just too bad that we never got to the X-mas special.:( Oh well, maybe next time.

5. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Fun meeting, but it seemed so short! Maybe I can plan for a longer block of time for the next one...

-Kyle

6. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    And I'll be there for the next one. Yay, only 8 more days of school!

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Great meeting. Thanks to Ayn, and Bill for Hosting and providing a very nice place. Definately have to play that SW DVD Triva Pursuit. I have a few duplicate items to provide for prizes as well. Nice SW Locations book Crashdown, I'll have to pick that up soon. Good to see everyone again and hopefully next time we'll have more members show up. See ya next time or sooner.

8. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks to everybody that came on Sunday, it was a really fun evening. Although I agree, it was over way too soon! Next time we should try for a Friday or Saturday evening and maybe start earlier. That being said, who's up for a SW Trivia Pursuit night in June? Since it worked out well on Sunday, we can use our commmunity room again, I just need to know what dates/times are good for most people. Any weekend is fine for us, although the weekend of June 10th looks busy with collecting events. We will set up a buffet (I was thinking maybe a taco bar), SW Trivial Pursuit, and if the hilarity isnt too much of a distraction, the Holiday Special :) Let me know if that sounds ok and what you guys think.

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I definitely think we should get together specifically to play that Trivial Pursuit. I can bring T'Igor with me. Perhaps we can all bring something SW related to give away as a prize to the winner?

If that's what we decide, these items should not be worth more than several bucks I would hope.

-Kyle

10. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Great Idea! I'll definately come to that. I do have a few duplicates that I wouldn't mind parting with, and taco bar sounds great. That community room is so perfect for hosting events.

11. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Does anybody have any dates they want to suggest for Trival Pursuit? This weekend is Memorial Day and the following weekend there are 2 collector events, so maybe June 16 or 17 or June 23 or 24th? Bill and I have are fine with whatever works for the rest of you guys.

12. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I say not on the 17th. I have a tattoo appointment that starts at 5pm. Plus I know that T'Igor would want to play and he'll be at his Nana's house.

But I am thinking about Saturdays? As for me, I never go out partying or watch anything on Saturday evening. I'm pretty open to whatever. Sundays are still good, but because I have to work out and work on mondays (Plus T'Igor has school), I think that I'd prefer a Saturday. Any issues with the 24th? Wow, I can't believe how far off that seems...

-Kyle

13. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    But I have no chance winning against you guys.:oops:

14. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    I agree with you about Sundays. Im not against meeting on sundays, but it does work out a lot better on a night when people dont have to worry about getting up for work. June 24th sounds like a good date to me, any objections?

15. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    So when and where is the next meeting?

16. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Good question.

I'm not sure what the general consensus is. We discussed about having it outside of Portland, but maybe we should figure that out at the same time as figuring out the date.

I know that the Portlandites were going to get together and play SW Trivial Pursuit sometime (hopefully) in June. I've got my fingers crossed on this one, Ayn! ;)

If you're up for a meeting, Jiltedtoo, we'd love to have you. The two we've had so far were fun! And the last one felt like it ended too soon...

-Kyle

17. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I wouldn't mind attending a meeting. Just let me know when and where.

18. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    If there are no plans are set for a July meeting in the next couple of weeks, Bill and I will set something up. Our last 2 were fun and it would be especially good to have some new faces. Im happy to take on an "organizational" role to ensure we have regular OFF meetings.

As far as SW Trivial Pursuit, right now I am looking at the possibility of Friday June 23 or Saturday June 24. Kyle, maybe if you have a few free minutes on Saturday, the 3 of us(and any other OFF members that happen to be there) can talk about it at the Swap and Shop. So far, it seems like theres been alot of interest in this, but its been hard to lock in a date that suits everyone. Any feedback would be very welcome!

19. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm up for a trivia pursuit/meeting/get together. June 24th looks promising, afternoon time?
    I could go thru my newly organized vault of collectibles for some duplicates to give out as prizes.
    It would be great if we could get this kind of organization on a regular mothly basis. And if some people from other cities in Oregon wanted to form up and do these kind of events would be great.

20. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Trivia Pursuit news! Tentative date is June 24. Ill post more details this evening.

21. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Excellent! Count me in!

22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    The 24th may be possible, I will ask my wife (Blue).

But I already know the results:
    1st Place = Grumpy
    2nd Place = Jawafett
    3rd Place = Any and/or Bill
    4th Place = Crash
    5th Place = Blue

Not including any other OFF members who attend, in which case Blue and I will still be at the bottom.[face_dancing]

23. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    That's not necessarily true, crash...it's supposed to be FUN! [face_whistling]

-Kyle

24. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    You can count me and my wife/girlfriend in. It would be nice to actually meet everyone.

25. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I never said that it wouldn't be FUN. I'm just mitigating for possible embarrassment.[face_clown]

Are you bringing BOTH your wife AND girlfriend.....this SHOULD be a fun night!![face_laugh]

Just kidding,...it will be great to meet you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.