main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oregon: Star Wars Independent Film Festival

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by XecoFreemoon, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    www.oregonfanforce.org/swiff/

STAR WARS INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL TO BE HELD AT HISTORIC HOLLYWOOD THEATRE

PORTLAND, OREGON - The Oregon FanForce will be showcasing short Star Wars related films made by fans for fans. The festival kicks off at 12:00 pm on October 7th at the Hollywood Theatre and some of the films being screened include ?PITCHING LUCAS?, recent winner of the George Lucas Selects and Audience Choice awards, Trey Stokes' ever-popular ?PINK FIVE? series, and a rare screening of one of the earliest fan films, ?THE DARK REDEMPTION?, by Peter Mether (just to name a few).

In conjunction with the film festival, the Portland based Dark Side Troopers charity group will draw the greatly anticipated, winning Stormtrooper Armor Raffle ticket immediately following the final film showing. The Armor Raffle benefits Film Action Oregon and one lucky winner will receive a full set of Stormtrooper Armor.

Admission to the event is only one dollar or one can of food per person. All proceeds from admission go directly to the Oregon Food Bank, so come out and join us for some fantastic films and a great cause. Go to www.oregonfanforce.org/swiff/ for further information. This will be a day long remembered!

About Oregon FanForce
    Oregon FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of theforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting Star Wars fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. www.oregonfanforce.org

About Oregon Food Bank
    Oregon Food Bank fights hunger and poverty by distributing donated food to a network of non-profits in Oregon and Clark County, Washington, and through advocacy and public education. For more information about OFB, visit www.oregonfoodbank.org

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Has anyone contact the Hollywood Star about this?

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    yay, i'll be going. That is if i can scrounge up $300 :p

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    It's too bad you won't be able to make it up for the film festival, Larena. Maybe you can talk your folks into going too? It is cheap AND it benefits charity :D

-Kyle

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm going. I was just playing along with Crash's view of the finances of an 18 year old.[face_peace]

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Ha, Ha, I get it $30 = $300 for an 18 year old.
    I didn't even get that one at first.

7. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    BTW, this has been posted on The FanForce New.

I hope to see you all there!!

8. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    just curious. Is any help needed with this event. any volunteer stuff. If any help is needed I'd like to make myself available since I live so close to the theater. I'm so stoked! Fan films are my favorite thing about being a Star Wars fan. although I haven't seen nearly as many as I should like, so this will be great. Hopefully Cassie, a girl I met, will be coming too with some friends as well. I met her at the Womem in Publishing networking party, and she was super nice. Talking to her made me think that going to a SW Celebration could be fun and quite probable. She spoke of getting together a group to go down all at once. So if anyone likes this idea let me know.

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Hi Annie,

If you want to help spread the word, print out flyers and take them anywhere that will take them!
    http://www.oregonfanforce.org/swiff/swiff_flyer.pdf

As for helping with the film festival itself, if you (or ANYONE here) would like to help on the day of, show up when I do. I'll post that here when I get confirmation from the theater staff.

-Kyle

10. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I am ready, if you need help...Just finished the rest of my new costume, and it's ready to go! Lemme know, and I'll be there!

Keyan

11. bluenote421

bluenote421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2006
    id love to give a hand too. just post what time we should b there. i dont have a costume, but i could wear my rebel alliance tshirt. im so stoked!

12. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    This is going to be a really fun event. I love fanfilms, and kudos to those that have arrainged those chosen to be shown. cya there!

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Sweet - we got a great little spot on the Force Cast! That was great!

If any of you guys want to help set up, feel free to meet up with me at the theater at 10:30am on Saturday. Probably not too much setup time involved, but let me know via PM.

-Kyle

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Wooooo I'm glad i dont work!

15. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I wish we had Events like this down Here in Eugene/ Springfield :( .I hope the turn out is awesome up there. Send me a "Wishing you were here" Post Card ..LOL Peace, Allan (Quick2)

16. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Well the turnout was not so great, but it had great films and was well orgnized. Blue and I had a ball. Grumpy and Xeco did a great job. We should plan to do this again for next year. And hopefully I will have more time next year so I can help with the organization.

BTW, Xeco, what was the web page of the girl who did the Pink Five films. I have to check that site out.

17. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Audree and I had great time...Pink 5 was by far the best of the films. I about died when she bounced that lightsaber off of Yoda's head...anyway, had a great time, CANNOT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!

Keyan

18. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Indeed. . .Pink 5 was most diverting! And I loved the little Princess Leia, she was utterly adorable. And I'm sure everyone knows my favorite was and always will be Dark Redemption. It makes me wish I was tall, sexy, red head. alas and alack.

19. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I loved all the films in there own right. Each has shown why they were selected for awards and reconginzed for their great achievements. Thanks to everyone for putting this together and for everyone showing up and supporting Hollywood Theatre and Oregon Food Bank donations. Congrats to the winner of the Stormtrooper Armor and T-shirts. Let's do this again sooner than later.

20. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Thank you to everyone who came out. Yes the turnout was not massive but then again, it's the first time we've done this and the advertising budget wasn't massive. Besides.. quality over quantity I always say!

As far as Pink 5, it was made by Trey Stokes and Amy Arhart (Sp?) and you can go to Trudang.com for their escapades. Part 2 of Pink Five Returns should be out any day now...

-Xeco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.